The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Toltoys Vinyl Jawa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darth Small
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Darth Small

Toltoys Vinyl Jawa Empty
PostSubject: Toltoys Vinyl Jawa   Toltoys Vinyl Jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:17 pm

I found a Toltoys Vinyl Caped Jawa yesterday (at least the seller is claiming it's 100% ridgey didge). It is a reputable seller (running a business) who has a return policy.

I've done a bit of research on here and a few other sites so a little sceptical. It is a loose figure.

Would anyone like to say what they would expect to pay for one in excellent condition ie; no paint loss, immaculate cape and original weapon? I am not looking to buy and on sell it so that's not why I'm asking.

Asking for just south of $700 AUD

I am heading back to study it further and maybe get some close up photos.
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

Toltoys Vinyl Jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toltoys Vinyl Jawa   Toltoys Vinyl Jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:31 pm

Darth Small wrote:
I found a Toltoys Vinyl Caped Jawa yesterday (at least the seller is claiming it's 100% ridgey didge). It is a reputable seller (running a business) who has a return policy.

I've done a bit of research on here and a few other sites so a little sceptical. It is a loose figure.

Would anyone like to say what they would expect to pay for one in excellent condition ie; no paint loss, immaculate cape and original weapon? I am not looking to buy and on sell it so that's not why I'm asking.

Asking for just south of $700 AUD

I am heading back to study it further and maybe get some close up photos.

Wow... I'd post as many pics as possible, but I'm guessing it's loose so that seems a bit pricy. I think you can get a loose REAL Jawa Vinyl for $300-400
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

Toltoys Vinyl Jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toltoys Vinyl Jawa   Toltoys Vinyl Jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:48 pm

In the UK I have seen loose Tolyoys v/c Jawas make from £550 to over £700 ($800 to $1000+ AUD) A loose AFA 80 made £1,448.01 ($2000+ AUD) last year!
Provided it is genuine $700.00 AUD may be a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Toltoys Vinyl Jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toltoys Vinyl Jawa   Toltoys Vinyl Jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Im thinking, assuming legit, $700-$1100 is the range. just get a ton of pics !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

Toltoys Vinyl Jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toltoys Vinyl Jawa   Toltoys Vinyl Jawa I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 am

Agree with the guys Pics are crucial Smile
Back to top Go down
Bobafett77
New User
New User

Toltoys Vinyl Jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toltoys Vinyl Jawa   Toltoys Vinyl Jawa I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 1:42 am

cantina_patron wrote:
In the UK I have seen loose Tolyoys v/c Jawas make from £550 to over £700 ($800 to $1000+ AUD) A loose AFA 80 made £1,448.01 ($2000+ AUD) last year!
Provided it is genuine $700.00 AUD may be a reasonable price.

I have been given the opportunity to purchase and loose AFA 75 Toltoys Jawa for $1,700 US, but I'm not sure if that's a fair market value, or if it's overpaying. Is the AFA 80 that sold last year for $2000+ the standard, or just a bidding war between two buyers? I can't find any information on sales after this one sold so im having a difficult time assessing a current value on this figure. Does anyone have any info on recent sales over the last year that could assist me?
Back to top Go down
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

Toltoys Vinyl Jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toltoys Vinyl Jawa   Toltoys Vinyl Jawa I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 3:56 am

It's difficult to price something like this because there's not that many sales taking place and demand is so high right now that probably a number of deals are being done out of the public eye. My general feel is that this figure is likely to sell north of $1K these days but how much above that I'm not sure about.

Philosophically speaking, it's potentially better to pay $1700 for something that has been screened and is going to be authentic than purchase one for $900 that turns out to be bogus. The $800 saving you made would then have turned out to be a $900 loss.

Another perspective to take though is that vinyl jawas are so hot right now and the prices are quite high compared to where they were several years earlier. Focus areas in this hobby have a tendancy to wax and wane such as POTF coins which have since come off the boil. Will the Jawa also reach the point where genuine demand is met and prices start to decline? Possibly but it could also be that an iconic figure like the Vinyl Jawa resonate with newer collectors and prices may remain high.

Of course, all that commentary probably hasn't helped your decision any but the only piece of advice I can give is to ensure you purchase from a trusted source when it comes to an often faked piece like this. If it's not graded and authenticated then buy from a collector who is known to have experience with these items. Anyone that has a Toltoys Jawa and wants to get a good price for it would either have it authenticated by known collectors in the hobby or AFA. Any seller that is reluctant to do this, "can't be bothered", "too much trouble", etc should be carefully scrutinised.
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Nick
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Aussie_Nick

Toltoys Vinyl Jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toltoys Vinyl Jawa   Toltoys Vinyl Jawa I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:36 am

Prices for loose toltoys jawa's seems to have gone up quite a bit.The last 3 i sold which was at the end of 2010 were loose small rip in the cape $700 an afa 75 for $1000 and $1600 for an afa 80 in trade value.I would not pay more then $1500 for an afa 80 but that's just me.The numbers of toltoys jawa's are still pretty low but there seems to be more surfacing ever year.As Dax has said if you really want one it's better to spend the little extra and buy it graded for piece of mind.Regarding the jawa your interested in buying if you really want it,i say buy it.It could be a long wait for another to come up for sale and who knows it might be a higher asking price.Hope this helps,good luck if you decide to buy it.
Back to top Go down
Darth Small
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Darth Small

Toltoys Vinyl Jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toltoys Vinyl Jawa   Toltoys Vinyl Jawa I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:12 am

Thanks for all of the feedback guys, I'm thinking of offering the seller the funds to have it sent away and graded. He is quite a reputable toy merchant and is very knowledgeable on all things vintage toy related.
One thing putting me off a little is the repro gun it is holding. I could stick a normal Kenner Jawa Gun in his hand. Would it be best getting graded without a weapon or at least holding a non fake one?
I just recently upgraded my camera so will do my best to get there this weekend for some happy snaps.

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Toltoys Vinyl Jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toltoys Vinyl Jawa   Toltoys Vinyl Jawa I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:23 am

Any REAL gun will be fine ( that I know of )

AFA 75 sold for $1500 Shocked
Toltoys Vinyl Jawa $(KGrHqF,!hUFDU8r3tbYBRIEyi10r!~~60_3

Last edited by aussiejames on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bobafett77
New User
New User

Toltoys Vinyl Jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toltoys Vinyl Jawa   Toltoys Vinyl Jawa I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:08 am

Great feedback guys. The logic in your responses has definitely given me some food for thought. I do like that it already has AFA's authentication and risking paying a premium for a figure that has eluded me for quite some time is starting to seem a little more worth it. There are still some details to nail down but I think I'll have a new hole in my collection filled fairly soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

Toltoys Vinyl Jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toltoys Vinyl Jawa   Toltoys Vinyl Jawa I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 10:58 am

To my knowledge the gun of the TT Jawa is slightly translucent green iirc. Have to dig my notes up for that, to confirm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toltoys Vinyl Jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toltoys Vinyl Jawa   Toltoys Vinyl Jawa I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toltoys Vinyl Jawa

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1