The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aussie_Nick
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Aussie_Nick

FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 Empty
PostSubject: FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8   FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 2:22 am

I have for sale this TOLTOYS Vinyl Cape Jawa.Looking for $1500usd including shipping plus 4% on top for paypal fees.This figure is in c8 condition and will grade an AFA 80 and above.There is one tiny tear under the arm hole other wise his mint.

FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 DSC00793

FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 Th_DSC00795 FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 Th_DSC00710 FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 Th_DSC00711
Back to top Go down
ErYan
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8   FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:48 am

Hi there,
I'm another Aussie collector. Out of interest, how does one differentiate between a Toltoys and Kenner vinyl cape Jawa?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8   FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:50 am

welcome  Eryan

http://theswca.com/images-forei/toltoys-esb-vcjawa.html

FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 Toltoys-esb-vcjawa-2

when in doubt just ask or buy directly from world class collectors ie. Nick
Back to top Go down
ErYan
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8   FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 4:20 am

Thanks for the info.

As someone who has personally ripped one of these off a Toltoys card and remembers very clearly the questions that ran through my mind when I saw the cloth caped Jawa during later visits go the store, I can absolutely vouch for the existence of vinyl cape Jawa's. However I had no idea about the different coloured capes, which cost me a real authentic vinyl cape Jawa a number of hears ago due to the similarities with Ben's cape.
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8   FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 9:02 am

ErYan wrote:
Thanks for the info.

As someone who has personally ripped one of these off a Toltoys card and remembers very clearly the questions that ran through my mind when I saw the cloth caped Jawa during later visits go the store,  I can absolutely vouch for the existence of vinyl cape Jawa's. However I had no idea about the different coloured capes, which cost me a real authentic vinyl cape Jawa a number of hears ago due to the similarities with Ben's cape.
Actually this memory is not correct, it's not like the US version where the jawa was released on SW card with vinyl cape for a short time and then replaced by a cloth cape, but in Australia, the cloth cape jawa was availble from the SW cards, whilst the Toltoys VC Jawa was only found on ESB 41 back cards and thus actually came far later to the stores then the cloth cape jawa's.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8   FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 9:08 am

It's a sweet figure, but now is not the right time to pay that sort of cash Sad
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8   FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:58 pm

That's a great figure, Nick.

I hope it will soon find a new owner.

walkie wrote:
It's a sweet figure, but now is not the right time to pay that sort of cash Sad
FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 The-Simpsons-s11e09-Grift-of-the-Magi
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8   FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 4:14 pm

FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 Bangladeshis-Try-to-Sell-Kidneys-on-Black-Market
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8   FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:06 pm

Stargeezer wrote:
ErYan wrote:
Thanks for the info.

As someone who has personally ripped one of these off a Toltoys card and remembers very clearly the questions that ran through my mind when I saw the cloth caped Jawa during later visits go the store,  I can absolutely vouch for the existence of vinyl cape Jawa's. However I had no idea about the different coloured capes, which cost me a real authentic vinyl cape Jawa a number of hears ago due to the similarities with Ben's cape.
Actually this memory is not correct, it's not like the US version where the jawa was released on SW card with vinyl cape for a short time and then replaced by a cloth cape, but in Australia, the cloth cape jawa was availble from the SW cards, whilst the Toltoys VC Jawa was only found on ESB 41 back cards and thus actually came far later to the stores then the cloth cape jawa's.
I did not know that about the later release of the Toltoys vcj. I just assumed it would have predated the cloth Cape jawa like its kenner counterpart. Thanks for sharing this info with us SG :clap: :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
ErYan
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8   FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 1:40 am

Stargeezer wrote:
ErYan wrote:
Thanks for the info.

I remember vividly wondering why the Jawas were changed to cloth. Unless this was a comparison to Ben and the other caped figures, then my memory is correct.

Is it possible that no Toltoys vinyl caped SW 12 backs are left because of their rarity? Are there any small head Han Solos on a Toltoys card? I can guarantee a small head Han on Toltoys as I had him.

Regards
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8   FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 5:07 am

There are no Toltoys VC Jawa's on SW cards, & you would have seen latter released cloth Jawa's on ROTJ?
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8   FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 7:12 am

ErYan wrote:

I remember vividly wondering why the Jawas were changed to cloth.  Unless this was a comparison to Ben and the other caped figures, then my memory is correct.  

Is it possible that no Toltoys vinyl caped SW 12 backs are left because of their rarity?  Are there any small head Han Solos on a Toltoys card?  I can guarantee a small head Han on Toltoys as I had him.

Regards
Your memory can be vivid, but may be lacking the exact details, so it could be like James suggested, that you saw a VC jawa on ESb card and then saw cloth caped jawa's on later released ESB cards and ROTJ cards.

Yes, there is always a slight chance (never say never) that there where Toltoys VC Jawa's on SW cards, but the chances are minimal.

For example not so long ago there was also the discovery off the first Palitoy VC Jawa, but the difference is, that for the palitoy VC there where more people with these memories and also there was some evidence (cardback with matching bubble for VC Jawa) found before one MOC ever turned up.
Also like to add that most VC Jawa's that found in random loose figure lots, come from US, UK and Germany.
Whilst these don't show up like that in random loose figure lots in australia. You can find a Loose TT VC Jawa, but very rarely, so it's not like they where released in multiple waves. Having that said and the fact that the existence on ESB cards is been proven, i think it's safe to assume a Toltoys VC Jawa with the darker reddisch cape was only availble on the ESB 41 back card. But i don't mind been proven wrong here Cool

Now sorry for derailing your FS thread Nick.
It's an awesome and rare figure and i'll hope the provided info will about the history and rarity off these will help you find a buyer.

Best regards,
Dennis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8   FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FS:Toltoys Vinyl Cape Jawa C8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1