The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

vinyl cape jawa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:21 am

would you buy an afa graded vc jawa without the coa? maybe just me that is paranoid...thanks
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:37 am

Im not sure how it works with COAs. I dont think they all "have" to have one. Get the AFA number and contact AFA. It may not have been issued with it. If it is lost, maybe they can replace it .
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:48 am

thanks john. the number is legit as per afa serial number check. just surprised that no coa comes with it. usually, they all have one...well, for the couple of vc jawas i have seen.
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:27 am

I think there is an extra "charge" FOR CIB authentication, although i dont think you have an option now especially with the ledy items

i know its expensive for authentication i think it was $70 for a ledy figure on a 45 day turnaround, that was the cheapest option.

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:35 am

Plantman wrote:
I think there is an extra "charge" FOR CIB authentication, although i dont think you have an option now especially with the ledy items

i know its expensive for authentication i think it was $70 for a ledy figure on a 45 day turnaround, that was the cheapest option.

Andy

Yeah I thought the same was required for a VC Jawa, but maybe it was different when they first started grading loose figures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:38 am

Yeah i think the early ones didnt need a certificate, but in order to scab more cash they made the authentication certificate...you would think if they grade it then that is proof enough...hence why its now not an option to opt out of the certificate.

Money making Sad
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 am

why it is always that complicated! thanks for your thoughts andy and joe. dom
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:55 am

did you buy a fett off me on ebay Dom?

Smile
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:02 pm

yes, it is me andy! look forward to have it join his other moc firends! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:05 pm

He should be rocketing his way to you tomorrow, im not going to be able to get out of work early today, ill send you the tracking details as soon as i get them Smile

Andy
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:11 pm

perfect! i assume you got my mailing address (in canada) through the payment process? thanks again, i am really happy to have bought from you! Wink dom
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:13 pm

yes mate i got it from the paypal payment.

Andy
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 6:26 pm

domr2 wrote:
thanks john. the number is legit as per afa serial number check. just surprised that no coa comes with it. usually, they all have one...well, for the couple of vc jawas i have seen.

Hey Dom,

I sent my VC Jawa, DTS Luke, and Blue Snag to AFA. I paid the same price for all 3 to be athenticated by CIB, but I only recieved certs. for the VC and Luke. I thought maybe the blue snag one got lost. I suppose as long as the Jawa's AFA acylic case is original and sound (i.e. unbroken). Then you should be ok.
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:21 pm

hi there greg! i know i sound a little paranoid...but the absence of coa makes me feel uncomfortable...that sucks as i would have bought that high grade piece without hesitation with a coa from tom derby. frustrated
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:44 pm

yeah i would contact afa first.they might be able to re issue a certificate if you mail them the cased figure for proof of ownership.Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:51 pm

but dan, you have to buy the item in order to be able to mail them and that's the step i am not willing to do...already verified the number and everything is legit...except there is no coa from tom derby...i know i may sound strange for some people and i assume this entirely, but derby has as a solid reputation that reassures me...especially for that type of item...that being said i am not saying this vc jawa is not legit, just that i am not comfortable to buy without the coa...and that sucks believe me Sad
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:01 pm

Would the seller not do this for you? I would think most sellers would want to send it in and resubmit if they had to, so they could get the coa and top price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:10 pm

ya i've done that and i actually received a higher score.for example i bought a afa 70 toltoy jawa .i sent it in to be regraded and i scored an 75.but yeah call afa first to see if they can issue a new certificate first and see what the procedure is if any.if they won't well you would have to send it in for a new afa apprasel.
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:20 pm

shawn_k wrote:
Would the seller not do this for you? I would think most sellers would want to send it in and resubmit if they had to, so they could get the coa and top price.

i have been in contact with the seller. will see if he could be interested to do this as i have indicated i would buy with coa from td at afa. at the same time you know i don't like to tell people how to run their business.
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:24 pm

guys!!! there is an amazing loose specimen afa graded 90 on the bay including a coa! the price reflect the beauty of this little beast as well! bounce
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:26 pm

that's good news.bro.how much is he.Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:28 pm

around $1150 (750 GBP)...i am really battling with myself at this point...thought about it all day :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:07 pm

holy jesus.at that price does it come with a blow job broad.yikes m8.Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:30 pm

domr2 wrote:
around $1150 (750 GBP)...i am really battling with myself at this point...thought about it all day :I am stupid:

Dom just my 2 cents for an AFA85 is going to be about 1/2 that or so and really there would be almost no noticable difference. I know you're not an AFA specific collector (but this is a figure I bought AFA graded as well to be certain it was legit) so save the $$$ , find an 85. You'll have $500 or so to buy something else, like maybe an Alternate Head Takara C3PO Unpunched 12bk Wink (shameless foreshadowing LOL)
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:41 pm

yes take darth's advice.save some cash.Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

vinyl cape jawa Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl cape jawa   vinyl cape jawa I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vinyl cape jawa

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next