The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ebay Feedback Advise

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

Ebay Feedback Advise Empty
PostSubject: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 3:50 pm

Hey guys

I recently won an ebay auction for a Hungarian Yoda figure. The figure looked mint as hell. Perfect paint, near perfect robe, and what looked to be a minty belt. I've seen numerous configurations on these belts including different colors, different thicknesses, and different knot formations. I assume the knots differ since some kids probably undid them and retied them. I didn't think anything of the belt at first assuming it was original and nothing was mentioned in the description about the belt being fake.

While the package is in transit, I talked to another collector who mentioned the belt looked fake and when he asked the seller, he said it was impossible to tell it was fake. Since I know another collector in that area of the world, I asked him about it and he happened to know the seller personally. He messaged him and the seller acknowledged it was fake and that he knew it was, made it himself, and that was why he didn't mention that it wasn't real, only omitted that it was fake.

I received the figure and asked the seller to refund me $20 of the $120 purchase price and we'd call it even so I didn't have to be out of pocket the return postage. He agreed and said he wouldn't be able to do it for a couple weeks at least.

That was fine with me but a couple weeks would put me past the paypal protection period. I filed a claim and stated that we had come to an agreement and that I was expecting a $20 partial refund when he was able to do it.

The seller flew off the handle and said forget the refund and send it back for a full refund. I refuse to be out any $ and I know he only offered me the partial refund because he knew the protection period would pass and I couldn't do anything about it.

So, my question is...

Would it be unreasonable to leave negative feedback and keep the fake ass belted figure? I actually like the figure even with the fake belt, but wouldn't have bid on it if the seller had mentioned it in the description. I would like other collectors to read this on his feedback to make sure to ask 20 questions before bidding on his fake ass shit.

AA
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 4:05 pm

I say neg him totally and keep the figure.

Just basing it off of the story you told here, I would have my doubts about him providing you with the refund. The only safety net to that would be that you paid with PayPal and they would just refund you the money outright. But I'm not sure how that works with shipping, etc.

I would just neg him and be done with it. Keep the figure, and try and upgrade the belt at a later date. That would be my suggestion anyway.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 4:22 pm

Yep neg him.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 4:54 pm

No issue at all, neg all the way

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:49 pm

I would neg him, too. Especially since he knew it was fake, and attempted to find a loophole by just omitting that information from the listing. Omitting known facts is still deceiving as far as I'm concerned. Sounds like a sketchy guy in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:54 pm

Def neg his ass. With him admitting it was fake to your friend and convently leaving that part out of the descrip, Id double neg his ass. And if he comes back with a neg in your feedback, you can stamp him again with it.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:56 pm

i would neg him too, looks like a scam artist to me. and how many people did he scam before or will scam again. A reasonable human error is forgiveable but he knew what he was doing and he was indeed doing forgery. I also think that if he negs you you can dispute it with ebay and have it removed since he did what i mentionned above.

Also if there is a place here to. It would probably be appreciated to point him out so that others dont fall victim to his schemes.

my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 7:28 pm

Neg.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 9:12 pm

Neg that shit!
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 9:19 pm

Ok, thanks guys. He has been Neg'd! I'm a little harsh with bullshitting sellers, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't just being a dick. I'm sure I'll here from him soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:17 am

I'm so sick of scammers and ebay that does nothing about it. The guy knew that what he was selling wasn't legit so by omitting that knowledge from the auction description he was engaging in a fraudulent act.

His reaction to your claim gives a good insight into the character of the person you are dealing with and personally I wouldn't want to deal with someone like that even for a refund. Keep the item, post a negative that warns other collectors of the risk they take in buying from someone like that.

Also there's no need to fear a retaliatory feedback, sellers can only leave positive feedback for buyers. Personally I think that's crap but in this case it works in your favour.
Back to top Go down
Mark_Yeo
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 4:12 am

GanjaFett wrote:
Ok, thanks guys. He has been Neg'd! I'm a little harsh with bullshitting sellers, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't just being a dick. I'm sure I'll here from him soon Smile

Based on what you mentioned, you have every right to be a dick with him. Unacceptable for a seller to behave in this way IMO.

Cheers, Mark
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 4:15 am

Defo Neg Cool
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 7:56 am

Dax, sellers can still leave responses to the feedback cant they? I had one awhile back do it to me, but that was before the feedback changes.
Back to top Go down
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 9:41 am

It's been a while since I've gone through the process but I don't believe it has changed. Essentially as a buyer you can leave negative feedback for a seller, the seller can then reply to your negative feedback which adds a comment below yours in the sellers feedback list, you can then follow up the response. All up you would have something like this:

(Red Negative) Fake item, seller ripped me off, item not as described, thief and liar. Seller: portkembla2505 20-Feb-10 11:43

Reply by portkembla2505 (21-Feb-10 11:52):
buyer replaced vinyl cape with a repro item paypal investigation continues thief
Follow-up by collectors_prince (07-Mar-10 19:09):
Seller now claims he did not know item was fake. Contact me for full details.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Thats what I was talking about. Only had that one to deal with (they had 2 accounts and shit bounced all over the US and Canada), so wasnt sure if that was still available
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 4:48 pm

give the seller a big neg and also write in the comment "seller not to be trusted don't deal with him"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Advise   Ebay Feedback Advise I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ebay Feedback Advise

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1