The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm done with Ebay!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

I'm done with Ebay! Empty
PostSubject: I'm done with Ebay!   I'm done with Ebay! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:06 pm

Just sayin...

Wow, there's something I want with a picture that shows a mint figure. Description says "mint". I'm gonna bid on this. Got it today! Damn it! I got screwed again. affraid

That's not happening anymore! I'm freakin' done!!!!!! Stickin' to the classifieds from fellow collectors from now on!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: I'm done with Ebay!   I'm done with Ebay! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:26 pm

LordGanja wrote:
Just sayin...

Wow, there's something I want with a picture that shows a mint figure. Description says "mint". I'm gonna bid on this. Got it today! Damn it! I got screwed again. affraid

That's not happening anymore! I'm freakin' done!!!!!! Stickin' to the classifieds from fellow collectors from now on!

Cav-e-bay Emptor (Let the Ebayer Beware)

I was just talking about this on the chat this morning. R/S pricing vs Ebay. Ebay always is cheaper but here's a prime example of why.

What did you buy vs. what you got? Can you link the Ebay pic and your actual item pic?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: I'm done with Ebay!   I'm done with Ebay! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:59 am

Ebay is a nightmare for items not as described I have had nowt but shit lately!

For my experience in buying loose figures on ebay I think I'm lucky if 50% of what I buy are as described.

Out of my last 4 purchases 2 didn't turn up 1 was totally different to the auction picture and the 4th was the only decent as described item.

As John says items can be found on there cheap which I guess is why will still go back.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: I'm done with Ebay!   I'm done with Ebay! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:14 am

Thats the main reason why I refuse to buy any SW on Ebay. 99% of the sellers on there think their stuff is made of gold and in pristine condition and when you get it, its crap. The only ones I'll deal with are the ones who sell bootlegs that I iknow their items are described right, and theres only a few of them.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: I'm done with Ebay!   I'm done with Ebay! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:16 pm

In just the last couple months I've had several items that had total BS misleading discriptions, one that was not item pictured, one with the wrong accessorry(warok with lumat's pouch), discolored and damaged figures being described as "mint". The list goes on. Good thing I'm close to finishing a loose set, but only after several upgrades.
Back to top Go down
Grant
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Grant

PostSubject: Re: I'm done with Ebay!   I'm done with Ebay! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:24 am

LordGanja wrote:
Just sayin...

Its a real shame EBay is so shit now. A few years back when I was starting out again there was loads of excellent items on there but these days it seems to have died a death. I used to check Ebay out a few times a day now I may look once a month or so.

Grant. alien
Back to top Go down
shoenix
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
shoenix

PostSubject: Re: I'm done with Ebay!   I'm done with Ebay! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:34 am

Not to drop a bomb, but we all know that you get what you want if you go to the known sellers. Yes, of course, there is a price tag on that, but that buys certainty.

eBay is fun if you are a bargain hunter, and there are a lot of bargains to be found, but the risk is apparent. It's more the 'hunt' aspect.

Just keep in mind: Whenever you get screwed over, remember the times you did get a bargain and you were the laughing party.

Anyway, that is my philosophy, and yes, I have been screwed over a couple of times on eBay too Wink
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: I'm done with Ebay!   I'm done with Ebay! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:53 am

I had very little trouble with loose figures on eBay, I was lucky enough to find a few decent sellers and ended up buying in large numbers from them. I can put you in touch with a few guys that sell C9 @ C9 condition rather than the usual let down.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: I'm done with Ebay!   I'm done with Ebay! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:17 am

iam not really looking for the best condition , i do pick up the nicer looking one if i have the chance to choose

but iam not really considering buying one fig at a time so

that's not one of my problems " wrong discription that is"

what i do hate is that theire is really nothing you can do as a seller when a problem accures

once i had pc failing at the ending of my auctions , i was able to reply after a week

explaining everything to the buyers , 4 of them where assholes and never paid plus gave me bad feedback result i got banned , now i have to use my moms name if i want to buy sell

i do have adresses of the buyers and they will get theire's some day I'm done with Ebay! Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
Iamcomicdoc
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Yup   I'm done with Ebay! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 12:42 am

Preach it brother! Ebay is the worst! Been sellin on Amazon and forums like this ever since they changed the terms so the buyer is always right and the seller gets royally screwed...
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: I'm done with Ebay!   I'm done with Ebay! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 7:42 pm

My point of view and i know i am gonna rub people the wrong way.

99.9% of my collection comes from ebay and so far i have had very few duds.

I don't understand why people are so upset. If you don't want to pay much for your figures then don't expect them to be in nice shape. What you pay for is what you get. Or its like a fisherman that goes out and throw is line in expecting a big salmon on his line within 15 minutes. Things don't work that way.

There is a very wide bunch of sellers that will sell you very high grade figures or vehicles or playsets but you have to expect to pay above or the average market price if you are looking for quality stuff.

Also if i am not sure i ask for more pictures, usually i get a pretty good response rate and i get good results.

You cant just go about buying blindly and expect to get good results. I usually spent 5 hours and more research time for each figure or thing that i want. so it means a lot of time spent in front of the computer.

Ebay is not the best, i agree, but i have been able to build a nice collection so far because of the site. There is absolutely no source around here for me to go to to find these collectibles and i rarely use the  online shops because they "really" overcharge on their products.

what you put in the hunt is what you will get out of it. Expect poor and good results. What you put in in cash will give you similar products. Don't wanna pay much, not gonna get much...

my 2 cents...
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: I'm done with Ebay!   I'm done with Ebay! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 8:22 am

Bit of old thread you dug up there lol

It's pretty bad both ways, this usually just end up being seller vs buyer but some sellers write lies in the descriptions like mint, is very common.
Some buyers say it wasn't mint even though that item certainly was and claim refund or even want full refund to get it for free. Or they say it's lost in the mail and didn't arrive.

Another sales trick is "no refund" and "I don't take responcibily for damages during shipping" I once bought a moc and it arrived packed in a cornflakes box with some newspaper. It was not mint any more because the box was destroyed when shipped. The carback had be damaged pretty bad. The guy claimed it was the post office fault. Moc probably was mint when he sent it but, in a cornflakes box... I did win that one though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: I'm done with Ebay!   I'm done with Ebay! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:20 pm

Very old thread indeed!

Misleading photos and lying about condition were my 2 biggest gripes. But that can happen in any collecting even when buying on the forums.

I obviously was venting in the original post because I have had many more buys on eBay since then.

Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: I'm done with Ebay!   I'm done with Ebay! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 3:14 pm

It's getting ripped on p+p which get me, although I must admit over 10 years of ebay transactions and probably only a handful of problems.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: I'm done with Ebay!   I'm done with Ebay! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 3:19 pm

GanjaFett wrote:
Very old thread indeed!

Misleading photos and lying about condition were my 2 biggest gripes.  But that can happen in any collecting even when buying on the forums.  

It can happen everything, one reason I always try and supply photos from each side to give the buyer a good idea of want they are buying.

Hate the tiny group shots which by the time you've asked the seller for more info and started up some dialog all the good stuff is usually sold ?!?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm done with Ebay!   I'm done with Ebay! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm done with Ebay!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1