The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

EBay/PayPal won't let me pay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

EBay/PayPal won't let me pay Empty
PostSubject: EBay/PayPal won't let me pay   EBay/PayPal won't let me pay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:33 pm

I won an auction sometime ago. I paid immediately once I received an invoice. About 5 days later I got an email from eBay saying the transaction was cancelled and my money was refunded. I later in the day got an email from the seller stating this was a mistake and I should pay him again. Smelling what I thought was a scam I ignored it. Sure enough a couple days later go by and I get the item.

I emailed the seller back letting him know the item was here and I would email eBay/payPal to have the unasked for refund reversed. After a week (now its been about 3) I didn't get an answer so I tried to re- Paypal the fellow but could not as they froze his account. He then gave me an alternate account which I tried but it was also frozen.

Finally, the guy who had others who owed him money not even giving him the benefit of a response! told me to take the money and donate it to a charity as he didn't want to deal with this anymore.

I don't mind buying off eBay but with dishonest buyers and these policies I don't know why some take the risk.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: EBay/PayPal won't let me pay   EBay/PayPal won't let me pay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:40 pm

unsure Very strange, but nothing surprises me with ebay/Paypal anymore. I've had similar weird transactions, just ask for a Paypal invoice with the item number stated on the invoice.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: EBay/PayPal won't let me pay   EBay/PayPal won't let me pay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:16 pm

But if the account is frozen, nothing you can do.

Kevin - Where is he? Maybe just throw cash in an envelope or send him a gift card? If he's not Canadian, maybe Paypal someone you know in that country, let them send the guy local currency. If it's in the US, I'm happy to do it.

If he says don't bother, I will say 100% absolutely donate that money. It's the right thing to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: EBay/PayPal won't let me pay   EBay/PayPal won't let me pay I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:46 pm

I've already donated it to the local Children's Hospital.
He's in the UK. The item is a resealed double stemmed bubble 4-LOM, cool item but because of the reseal we aren't talking major money. I looked into sending him Western Union but that would've cost me nearly 1/3 of the selling price.
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: EBay/PayPal won't let me pay   EBay/PayPal won't let me pay I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:00 pm

Very strange mate!

The way Ebay is these days tho it doesnt surprise me Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EBay/PayPal won't let me pay   EBay/PayPal won't let me pay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EBay/PayPal won't let me pay

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1