The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The modern bootleg thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:30 am

thanks for showing them cheers i see the last one is a completely different figure,lighter chestplate,black backpack differant bubble etc.and the punch hole :Drool: but you still haven't said what the chinese writing says lol!

daren
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:44 am

Daren, for the last card it's a square bubble which is almost the same like POTF2 line.
Figure are in pastel green which comes with Han Solo blaster & jetpack in black.
For the Chinese writing it means Star Wars in Mandarin.
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:53 am

crealkilla wrote:
Daren, for the last card it's a square bubble which is almost the same like POTF2 line.
Figure are in pastel green which comes with Han Solo blaster & jetpack in black.

sweet Stormie Smiley another way of seeing how stars is wrote in a differant language study its a shame that china never made 12bks.they'de make a killer addition to the vintage line thinking
thanks for info phu :clap:

daren
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:54 am

emperorburns wrote:
crealkilla wrote:

sweet Stormie Smiley another way of seeing how stars is wrote in a differant language study its a shame that china never made 12bks.they'de make a killer addition to the vintage line thinking
thanks for info phu :clap:

daren

hmmm it looks like i wrote star wars to fast :I am stupid: it murged into stars lol!
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:24 pm

Couple more of my Fett China bootlegs.

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 China4
Police 10" Boba Fett with Police riot accessories.

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 China5
Army Heroes 5" Boba Fett with weapon & Stormtrooper mask.

Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:14 am

Killer stuff Crealkilla! Keep up the good work. I like seeing someone with a particular focus that is out of the realm of normal bootleg collecting. Good job! cheers
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:34 am

Tanxs Steven, still hunting for more. I'm patiently waiting for that Galaxy Empire card variation Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:07 am

Aah, the thrill of knowing that something is on it's way. I'm usually driving around to hijack the mail truck before it gets to my house but I guess that's frowned upon. lol!
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:25 am

rebojazz wrote:
Aah, the thrill of knowing that something is on it's way. I'm usually driving around to hijack the mail truck before it gets to my house but I guess that's frowned upon. lol!

i can see the wanted poster now.wanted for hijacking mail trucks..steven wiemer aka rebo jazz.last seen playing piano at jabbas palace.likes soft jazz and watching green women dance.do not approach this man and keep your booltegs out of his reach lol!
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:29 am

crealkilla wrote:
Tanxs Steven, still hunting for more. I'm patiently waiting for that Galaxy Empire card variation Twisted Evil

i'm sure the wait will seem long,but all worth it when it arrives.nice to see you got some more fetts pouring into your collection. :clap:
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 1:22 pm

emperorburns wrote:

i'm sure the wait will seem long,but all worth it when it arrives.nice to see you got some more fetts pouring into your collection. :clap:

Tanxs Daren, just one for now and hoping more in the near future Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:14 pm

emperorburns wrote:
rebojazz wrote:

i can see the wanted poster now.wanted for hijacking mail trucks..steven wiemer aka rebo jazz.last seen playing piano at jabbas palace.likes soft jazz and watching green women dance.do not approach this man and keep your booltegs out of his reach lol!

How do you know I like watching green women dance?? Have you been following me? Anyway, these days the postman just throws my shit through the front window and drives off... bastard!
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 2:39 pm

This 2 just came in. Galaxy Empire Boba Fett.
Gun in bubble with figure, no barcode on card variation.
Both bubble blisters is in just ok condition.

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 GE

I'm still hunting for couple more of this bootleg variation.

- Gun in bubble with figure, barcode on bottom right
- Gun in bubble with figure, barcode on top left
Back to top Go down
rubberlike
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
rubberlike

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 12:42 am

crealkilla wrote:
This 2 just came in. Galaxy Empire Boba Fett.
Gun in bubble with figure, no barcode on card variation.
Both bubble blisters is in just ok condition.

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 GE

I'm still hunting for couple more of this bootleg variation.

- Gun in bubble with figure, barcode on bottom right
- Gun in bubble with figure, barcode on top left

It's really refreshing to see someone with an eye and appreciation for the details of the modern bootlegs. I admittedly don't have that eye. It's likely that you are accumulating a knowledge that no one or few have. If you have the wherewithal to document these variants in some sort of a way that can be easily digested by someone else in the future down the road, the hobby as a whole would benefit from it.

Much respect!
Back to top Go down
http://wencl.org
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 8:24 am

Bootleg 'vintage' style stormtrooper set, i've seen another topic for these but couldn't find it sorry.

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 MJAjk
The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 NKxuU
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 10:43 am

I have a set of these Stormtroopers myself. There have been a few good discussions about them here and on RS. The problem is I'm not sure these even should be catagorized as "bootlegs" in the hobby sense. In my opinion these are more of high output customs as that is what they were originally produced as, small numbers sold as custom figures. It wasn't until they were packaged and sold on Ebay that people started calling them bootlegs. The funny thing is there is actually copyright dates on the packaging which I wonder how they got away with that. The guy who made these figures also made some nice custom Rocket Fetts (didn't know if you knew that or not) which turned into another whole fiasco. You have a nice set there though, mine came in all bent up from the flemsy envelope it came in Wink.
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 11:15 am

The white ones are COPIES/FAKE, and can't be classified as anything else. They are being used on a large scale for recards and on fake cards as well as being
sold in that 2-pack.
The black ones, sure, customs, why not, they never came as black back in the day, so they are easy enough to not be confused with anything else.

Wonder why the community has become silent on this matter...
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:48 pm

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 98rSQ
The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 6Brwd

Hologram L or J Fetts

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 L1Opg
The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 GXlr0

Plain Grey L or J Fetts

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 Ig4T8
The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 OBYm6

Airbrushed L or J Fetts

Mr Poon is on a roll...............
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 4:02 pm

I have a friend who is selling a large Chinese Boba Fett on Police backer card if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 9:25 am

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 <a href=The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 Picture041_zps503f9277" />

Just received these two POTF2 bootlegs that I didn't know existed.  A Luke Farmboy and R2D2 on GC Luke Stormy photo.  These two were not on any variant list I have and don't recall ever seeing any.  That's what I like about this line, never know what you'll find.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:49 am

[img]The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 Picture042_zpsdeaf86cd[/img]

Here's another addition, four POTF2 Bendums on unpunched cards. Other than these I'm really not sure what other characters are out there, if anyone knows of any others feel free to chime in.
Back to top Go down
Darth Jaxx
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Darth Jaxx

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 3:51 pm

I don't know of any additional Bend-Ems characters on that Luke Stormtrooper card, but I know there are 2 versions of that card. I have 2 Vaders. One has a printed UPC and Kenner logo on the back and the other doesn't.

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 Vbendyboot1aThe modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 Vbendyboot1b

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 Vbendyboot2aThe modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 Vbendyboot2b
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 4:01 pm

Yea, my Vader and Han have the UPC bars and Luke and Chewie do not. I was told by a couple other collectors that these are the only four.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 12:47 am

The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 <a href=The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 T2eC16ZgFId3nngMBSYKIugw60_3_zps256995d0" />

Has anyone else seen these modern "Clone Wars" bootlegs from China?  I've seen 5-6 different ones so far.  The packaging is pretty cool and right up to par with the original card with the exception of the circled registered trademarks next to the names.  They all are on Clone Trooper cards.  I haven't seen them till recently but would like to get some, there is a current seller who has them but the shipping is outrageous.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 3:49 am

those are awsome steven,where are they shipped from?china? what others are there?

daren
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The modern bootleg thread.   The modern bootleg thread. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The modern bootleg thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next