The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? Empty
PostSubject: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:50 am

i was thinking of maybe trying to get a leddy R2 for my r2 focus down the road.

is there an easy way or trick to recognize a leddy r2 by just looking at him on the outside as most people would not show you the screw inside.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:59 am

The trick is to have a look in the Ledy thread. Very Happy

The Ledy sticker has different details compared to the Kenner sticker.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:06 am

Dr Dengar wrote:

lol .....somehow i expected that but i was thinking about something beyond that....
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:21 am

When it comes to Ledy, the devil is in the detail. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:52 am

budspencer wrote:
but i was thinking about something beyond that....

like using the force? Razz
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:16 am

i did as James said and waved my hand and said to all my toys...

"you are all valuable lilly ledy from now on"

no reply yet Sad
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:22 am

budspencer wrote:

no reply yet Sad

That's because you didn't hold a spray can while waving. Very Happy

is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? Slide1
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:14 pm

A good start is to check if the screw at bottom is not a star screw. Think I was asking the same thing about a year ago and it turned out to be ledy, should be much info in that thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
budspencer wrote:

no reply yet Sad

That's because you didn't hold a spray can while waving. Very Happy

is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? Slide1

I'm gonna make me one of those wampas, I just like it so much lol Razz got a badly yellowed one that I wont bother treating.
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:13 pm

don't forget to post us a pic of that black ledy wampa when you have done

and ask the question is this ledy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:21 pm

jason11272stacey wrote:
don't forget to post us a pic of that black ledy wampa when you have done

and ask the question is this ledy Very Happy

Or "I FINALLY GOT ONE!! It wasn't cheap but I love it. my ledy ledy WAMP!!!!" in the newest purchase thread Razz lol
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:28 pm

Claes, why put it in the recent purchase thread? Start one called "Is this real?", "Look at my new Wampa", and "Is this a Ledy Wampa?". lol!
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:31 pm

you could allways do a mexican bootleg and paint it yellow lol!

never eat yellow snow wampa Razz
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:49 pm

This thread makes me go hulk again.....I mean comon....how much more information do you need like written and pictured in Marcos LL thread???

Its all there: coo, screw...and "only looking at the front": he has even THREE unique sticker variants pictured with detailed describtion!!!

Nothing to add....do you homework Bud!!!
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi budspencer, Yes start looking after the screw at the bottom of the R2 cyclops

And we do not all Hulk like Wolff, maybe budspencer have not seen the ledy thread. So give him a chance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:39 pm

pomse2001 wrote:

.... maybe budspencer have not seen the ledy thread. So give him a chance Very Happy

Do you ever read Pomse....just one time????:

budspencer wrote:
Dr Dengar wrote:

lol .....somehow i expected that but i was thinking about something beyond that....

He DID actually read it!....whats the fuzz all about here agian...this thread should be deleted....a waste of time...and a bit black Wampa fun (which I actually like)!!

And if you all think I actually like beeing Mr Angry...no I dont like it.....I would rather have the TIG again as it was 1 or 2 years ago!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:41 pm

Hate to bust your bubble there Lars, but bud does know about the Ledy thread. He posted in it already. On top of that, he was directed to it several times already.

Never mind, Wolff beat me to the fun. Evil or Very Mad lol!
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Claes, why put it in the recent purchase thread? Start one called "Is this real?", "Look at my new Wampa", and "Is this a Ledy Wampa?". lol!

Hahaha true Razz that would spice up the forum a bit Very Happy

jason11272stacey wrote:
you could allways do a mexican bootleg and paint it yellow lol!

never eat yellow snow wampa Razz

Most of it already got that distasteful yellow color, legs and arms are fine though sadly, guess I could paint those Razz
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:53 pm

c'mon guys,

dont start that kind of aggressive behavior that is exhibited on so many forums by senior members. I hate it when someone asks a question in a forum and a guy comes in and write half a page about he feels about people asking questions like this and that person just lost probably 15 minutes of his life on just venting on the fact that someone asked a question.

If you cannot tolerate people asking questions ( even if they are popular ones or repeated ones ) then dont come in the post and incite others to start a damn flaming war. I saw the ledy thread and the r2 thread with many leddy examples. But i thought that some people knew an offbeat trick to easily spot them. How many times will someone post a pic of the bottom of the toy on ebay so you can see the screw? And how many people might have the right screw at the bottom but have a repro sticker that has the wrong coloring scheme or something. I thought the novelties of leddy's were also about paint schemes.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:05 pm

budspencer wrote:
c'mon guys,

dont start that kind of aggressive behavior that is exhibited on so many forums by senior members. I hate it when someone asks a question in a forum and a guy comes in and write half a page about he feels about people asking questions like this and that person just lost probably 15 minutes of his life on just venting on the fact that someone asked a question.

If you cannot tolerate people asking questions ( even if they are popular ones or repeated ones ) then dont come in the post and incite others to start a damn flaming war. I saw the ledy thread and the r2 thread with many leddy examples. But i thought that some people knew an offbeat trick to easily spot them. How many times will someone post a pic of the bottom of the toy on ebay so you can see the screw? And how many people might have the right screw at the bottom but have a repro sticker that has the wrong coloring scheme or something. I thought the novelties of leddy's were also about paint schemes.

Yeah I think it's a bit unnecessary too, I misunderstood your question in the beginning.
Though I don't think you can easily spot a ledy r2 in a lot. I could hardly tell the difference by holding it in my hand next to my other, there was only some very minor sticker variation, except for the coo and the screw which was the obvious "easy part". No way I could have looked on ebay and said hey thats a ledy. I had loads of help with it too and used a magnifying glass.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Rawlin wrote:
budspencer wrote:
c'mon guys,

Yeah I think it's a bit unnecessary too, I misunderstood your question in the beginning.
Though I don't think you can easily spot a ledy r2 in a lot. I could hardly tell the difference by holding it in my hand next to my other, there was only some very minor sticker variation, except for the coo and the screw which was the obvious "easy part". No way I could have looked on ebay and said hey thats a ledy. I had loads of help with it too and used a magnifying glass.

i actually went on the ledy thread on the r2 part and i looked at the sticker part and i lo and behold on the side where r2 has white squares instead of blue ones then it would be a leddy...assuming this is correct.

But i started this thread thinking that there might have been a major difference in the dome that gives leddy's away easily...and i just plain forgot to check the leddy thread before posting this question too..

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Yes the unpainted squares = Ledy. But some Ledy have these painted as well ie. there is more than one Ledy R2 - http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3885-the-official-fotm-thread-r2-d2-original
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:12 pm

budspencer wrote:
Rawlin wrote:
budspencer wrote:
c'mon guys,

i actually went on the ledy thread on the r2 part and i looked at the sticker part and i lo and behold on the side where r2 has white squares instead of blue ones then it would be a leddy...assuming this is correct.

But i started this thread thinking that there might have been a major difference in the dome that gives leddy's away easily...and i just plain forgot to check the leddy thread before posting this question too..

Honestly I haven't checked on r2 since I sold it, I believe there was some variations among the ledys, some had white and some didn't. I'm pretty sure mine didn't have those. But I'm sure it's all there in the ledy thread. I wouldn't call it an easy way of spotting it though.

Edit: And I'm pretty tired at moment Razz I couldn't tell any dome difference.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:30 pm

bud, I was actually pointing out to pomse you did know about the Ledy thread since he said you probally didnt know about it. I was actually giving you some credit for doing a bit of research first. So cool the horses down a bit. And how many times do I have to say I dont mind people asking questions? If you can come in and ask it, you deserve an answer. At least you knew where to look for it first.

If a seller on Ebay doesnt show the screw on the bottom in the listing, ask them to take a shot of the bottom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?   is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is there a trick to easily recognize a leddy R2?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next