The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

REPRO STORMTROOPERS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:32 am

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 Pinkie11
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:01 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:23 pm

All right guys. I bought these simply out of curiosity for comparison purposes and I like the custom black trooper. I marked the repro trooper on the foot with sharpie to id it as such.

As I'm sure it's already been stated in this thread the white trooper is pretty much visually identical to the real thing. It would be nearly impossible to know it's a fake from pictures unless you can get some detailed pics to show some close ups. I'll get into this a little more later.

As far as the figure in hand - it has a much softer feel in the limbs compared to real figure. Any comparison to a real figure and even a novice could tell something is different between the 2. The fakes just have a different feel to them. If someone got a fake and had no way to compare it then the flexible limbs would be a good indicator.

The weapons are very easily identified as fakes. Very shiny plastic and lack the details of any real blaster.

So here are some pics. Please feel free to add anything or ask any questions. Hope this helps!

The custom and the repro:
REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 DSC06574

repro COO - Looks the same as the real deal:
REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 DSC06578

Limbs detail comparison. The fake's "holes" on it's arms are not as clearly defined as the real figure. This should be identifiable in a picture even without comparison. The fake is on the bottom in the picture.
REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 DSC06587

Various flexible limbs test. These are very easy to bend. Little effort is required. Compared to the real figure which is very hard to bend it's legs. And again - the limbs feel almost rubbery and a bit tacky. Not as smooth a finish as the real figure.
REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 DSC06589

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 DSC06591

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 DSC06593

And the weapons. Thankfully very easy to id. Fake is on the top. Shiny and very little details. Also slightly smaller than the real thing. These fail the drop test. I didn't check the float test. They are just too easy to id as fakes. Fake is on top in the pic:
REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 DSC06598

Hope this is some helpful info on these guys.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:47 am

Good work Dallas, thanks for posting the info and pics.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:00 am

Sith Noob wrote:

As far as the figure in hand - it has a much softer feel in the limbs compared to real figure. Any comparison to a real figure and even a novice could tell something is different between the 2. The fakes just have a different feel to them. If someone got a fake and had no way to compare it then the flexible limbs would be a good indicator.

Sad I'm back to being a novice.
There are at least a dozen different real variants some of these share the same traits as the repro (ie. very flexible limbs)

Unfortunately we have to be wary of ALL 2 line Hong Kong stormies.
Back to top Go down
Boomstick66
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Boomstick66

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:57 am

Hello everybody, Just wanted to add that plastic like metal if you heat it up it'll get harder. Has anyone tried maybe dropping one into boiling water? (Not like "Achilles" but more like a egg..) Thinking, if they can already make "clones" and w a little heat change the density they'll be even harder to tell the difference.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:03 am

They're back!
Just saw these on ebay this morning. New Packaging!
They seem to be coming out of Hong Kong. And now they have a 12" tall version. Trying to get in on the GG craze!
I've saved the auction info if anyone of the mods would like it.

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 Pictur22
REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 Pictur23

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 Pictur24
REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 Pictur25
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 5:03 am

Clint have you got a link to these black stormie two pacs on ebay, i just typed in your heading but came up with nothing, cheers
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 5:14 am

I've just sent you a PM Wink

I wonder what the true cost of the 12" figure is? last time the 3.75" figures came out I found the Chinese source and they were $5 or $7 USD shipped!
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 9:30 am

To Clint, James and Stefan, thanks for being so thoughtful as to send me links to the ebay ad, i really appreciate it, great commumity spirit, cheers n thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 10:31 am

Hi guys.

Would you guys be so kind as to break down the specifics of what I should look for? Yesterday I read the thread but I got lost and confused :I am stupid:

The specific things I should be looking for...this is what I've gathered so far;

-The flat under arm area. Is this a definite for any Stormie or is it only on the repros that have that specific repro COO?
-What repro COO does it match in the COO guide, that I am looking for? Is it #2 only?

I just got mixed up with the back and forth and I'm looking for the breakdown so I may now check all my loose Stomies Rolling Eyes

Cheers
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 10:56 am

SithLord2013 wrote:
Hi guys.

Would you guys be so kind as to break down the specifics of what I should look for? Yesterday I read the thread but I got lost and confused :I am stupid:

The specific things I should be looking for...this is what I've gathered so far;

-The flat under arm area. Is this a definite for any Stormie or is it only on the repros that have that specific repro COO?
-What repro COO does it match in the COO guide, that I am looking for? Is it #2 only?

I just got mixed up with the back and forth and I'm looking for the breakdown so I may now check all my loose Stomies Rolling Eyes

Cheers

Sithlord, i really dont think you have anything to worry about in regards to these being in your loose collection, i havnt heard of one single case yet of these being passed off as the real deal and a collector getting them in their collection, they are not in repro cardbacks, and they have plenty of differences imo.
Id go as far to say that id bet the only people to really buy these are vintage, bootleg, knock off, etc collectors to but them for their collections or just have a look at the difference.
From what ive heard they have only been around for a year or so, you could buy a loose real stormie for cheaper than these.

When they are sold for $1 each in groups of 50-100 then i might start worrying, until then i highly doubt you will see any influx of these in the market.

First off the legs are soft, the armholes are diff, the moulding holes on the inner arms is off, the paint and spray apps on the helmet is off. but id bet you have nothing to worry about at all mate, cheers

Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:06 am

Loud and clear AF. But I do have 1 stormie with that flat area under his arms, you know instead of that smooth grade leading to his arm holes? :buzzing: :buzzing: :buzzing:

When I get the time in a few days I will do a Through cleansing...but I do not think I've bought any loose and the ones I have are from years ago unsure
lol!
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:47 pm

**LINK REMOVED**, the new repro's have a different COO !?!?!?!?!?!!

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 GdrOzVb

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 YbTuf9x

Last edited by walkie on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 4:18 pm

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 Repro_25

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 Coo_of10

The repro Stormtrooper (above) has a Lili Ledy/PBP COO (below)?! unsure

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 Dia91

Luckily the Ledy Stormi has different paint apps and a hard torso body, so he is easily to distinguish from the repro version.
Same for the PBP version.

But can't say I like this! Evil or Very Mad

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 Dia89-1

From: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p660-the-lili-ledy-discussion-thread-part-1#Stormtrooper
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:42 am

Marco, thanks for posting the photos of the ebay auction, I'll edit my post to remove the link.

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but the guns are a new moulding compared to the last repro stormies!!
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:53 pm

If you check the coo on the black stormie, it's the same coo as the first versions, so my guess it's Poon again, updated the white one to either fool more people, or an half assed attempt to
make them easier to spot....
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:55 pm

LOL! Poor old Poon. It's like that saying...Just fuck one sheep...

Back to top Go down
bluedog
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
bluedog

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:00 am

Problem is, Poon's sheep had babies Laughing
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 1:22 am

Razz

Did he even make these though? He said he didn't in the end. Sold some sure. But make or, even get made? Anyone got any proof of that? I realise the name "Poontrooper" is going to stick with them either way Razz
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:42 am

Josh wrote:
Razz

Did he even make these though? He said he didn't in the end. Sold some sure. But make or, even get made? Anyone got any proof of that? I realise the name "Poontrooper" is going to stick with them either way Razz

I dont think he made the first lot Josh, he definatly didnt make the second lot, people just have poon fever imo. tongue
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 3:11 am

tundra9 wrote:
If you check the coo on the black stormie, it's the same coo as the first versions, so my guess it's Poon again, updated the white one to either fool more people, or an half assed attempt to
make them easier to spot....

Actually the COO is different, both white & black have now been altered on the "2nd" batch....

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 CYpFLPo
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 3:47 am

Even on Amazon..

Repro Stormtroopers @ Amazon
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 4:01 am

Aussie Fortuna wrote:
Josh wrote:
Razz

I dont think he made the first lot Josh, he definatly didnt make the second lot, people just have poon fever imo. tongue

He definitely made the first lot, he showed them off himself on RS.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1076090/

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 MP_custom03
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:05 am

Was sure he ended up just saying he bought them from a dealer in Hong Kong in the end. Sent the white ones back and kept the black Ones once everyone started complaining about them. All his stuff previously he had done in house, the Vlix and Rocket Fetts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REPRO STORMTROOPERS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next