The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

REPRO STORMTROOPERS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:20 am

walkie wrote:
tundra9 wrote:
If you check the coo on the black stormie, it's the same coo as the first versions, so my guess it's Poon again, updated the white one to either fool more people, or an half assed attempt to
make them easier to spot....

Actually the COO is different, both white & black have now been altered on the "2nd" batch....

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 CYpFLPo

This looks to me like the old coo though, here you can see the 2 line coo:
REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 R1055821_zps05abcff0

Taken from this BIN: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Star-Wars-Vintage-Trooper-Black-White-2-Figure-Set/130901001238?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D7393506216856369008%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D130901001238%26
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:34 am

@Tundra...maybe overstock? However it could prove that the 1st and 2nd batches (different coo's) are made by the same people if the stock is mixed up??

As for the ebay listing...

He's the cheapest so far with the new 2nd batch and 12" figs.

I'm annoyed I deleted a link I had to the 1st batch, you could buy the for $6.13 shipped worldwide!!!

At the moment it look like all the ebay sellers are taking the pi$$, charging high prices before the market is swamped again.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Got my new two-pack Stormies in the mail today. Upon closer inspection these newer ones actually come from a different mold, limbs and torso are a tad different in size if you look closely. I'll try to take a pic or two tonight when I get back but seems this other company just took the idea and ran by casting their own figures. This would also explain the difference in packaging and the other foriegn (German) writing on it.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Maybe someone can weigh one of the repo's and compare to a real one to see if there is a weight difference?
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 2:35 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
Maybe someone can weigh one of the repo's and compare to a real one to see if there is a weight difference?

The 1st batch of reproductions almost look like a 'hard torso' & weigh the same 15.6g ( 1 gram more than the other Hong Kong versions ) (aussiejames).

The 2nd batch is so easy to spot that you wouldn't have to weigh them to be sure:

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 Repro10

I’ve stopped at the front side since this was already so conclusive. Pls keep in mind these are observations of 1 trooper only, I’d like to compare more but have zero intention of putting (more) money in the producers pocket.

Compared against Kenner & LL (top 16 instead of top 10).

1) Helmet is much too ‘round’ and looks compressed from the sides.
2) Nose bridge is too sharp; each ‘tooth’ ends in a point instead of being a little flattened.
3) Shoulders are not wide enough and missing ‘muscles’.
4) Finish of arms is bad.
5) Dent in chest plate is too short.
6) Width of arms is too small, missing muscles again.
7) Vertical line in armor not ‘embossed’ (not sure how to say this).
8.) See bullet 4, overall finish is not from the expected quality.
9) Small hands, way too thin.
10) Legs are much too thin.
11) End point of vertical leg line is not ‘embossed’ (see brackets 7)
12) Knee cap line much too fat and irregular.

Not marked but very noticeable;

13) Figure ‘leans forward’ with upperbody in front of legs.
14) Softer and ‘slippery’ plastic, can’t even hold the gun properly
15) Peg holes a bit larger.
16) Overall impression of figure is that it’s out of proportion and missing body mass.

Aren’t you a little small for a stormtrooper’?
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 3:02 pm

Thargoil, great work.:clap: +'s coming your way.
Back to top Go down
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:09 pm

You can't trust anything that Mark Poon says about these things. He is a deceitful person and will happily lie in order to achieve his goals. I know this first hand from having had a request from him many years ago for hi-res scans of a couple of my cardbacks "for his personal collection". I turned him down and was very glad I did.
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:02 pm

I stopped collecting/buying stormies off ebay after this came out,
I will only buy stormies now from trusted sources.
Means that i pay more for them, but it is piece of mind. 
It shocks me that people are purposlly seeking to buy the poon stormies to add to their collections, and consider it to be a variant.
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:32 am

M4K3R1 wrote:

It shocks me that people are purposlly seeking to buy the poon stormies to add to their collections, and consider it to be a variant.

I don't know how you came to this conclusion, it's not in my collection as such.
I'm more than happy to send it to who-ever against shipping costs so they can take a look for themselves.
Just wanted to educate myself and be able to tell the difference.

Fred
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 4:06 am

Hey Fred,
Sorry mate, i should have been more clear with my comments.
They were in no way directed at what your doing, your work is valuable in educating againt the differences of these repro,s.
My comments were directed to a thread on another forum, which was a while back, where some seemed to think these figures were not harmfull to vintage collecting.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1097350/?highlight=mark+poon
Hope that clears things up.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:43 am

OMG, Mr.Poon is now selling repro stormtroopers on 12 back palitoy and kenner cards.

W.A.C!! (work that one out) lol! 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-Carded-1977-Palitoy-Star-Wars-12-back-Stormtrooper-/200980317924?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2ecb5c46e4

Sorry for the ebay link, i'll update it tonight.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:59 am

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 Fake_p10
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 3:17 pm

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 Reprop10
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 3:22 pm

From the photos they appear to be the original v1 repro and not the newer "thin" wrist one.

I guess we will have to invest in one for the archive.
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 4:06 am

Sorry to take this a little off topic,
but i was looking on eBay last night for some modern stormtroopers for a diorama display,
and noticed that the same Hong Kong seller that sells these Black and also White, repro vintage carded and loose stormtroopers,
also appears to have made repro modern stormtroopers, 2004 VOTC version.Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 4:50 am

let's not foget this is the same person who swore blind he was not responsible for making them :scratch:

Last edited by walkie on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mark_Yeo
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 6:18 am

walkie wrote:

W.A.C!! (work that one out) lol! 
What a cunt?

Did I get it right? If not, it works too lol! 

Am I right to be slightly pissed that Poon shares the same first name as me and we are both from Singapore?
Back to top Go down
grinchy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
grinchy

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:50 am

my wife has just ordered me 2 sets of these from ebay, different cardback to those in this thread, i'm a loose collector and have a soft spot for troopers, i'll keep them but the marking of the boot with pen is a good idea i think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REPRO STORMTROOPERS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5