The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

REPRO STORMTROOPERS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:30 am

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 Imgp8572x

Addition to OP - the peg holes are larger than the vintage & will not hold to stand on a standard large pro-tech stand.

Aussiejames has also informed me that Tri-Logo & Ledy stromtroopers have flat underarms as well, but we are not sure if the COO markings are the same as yet
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:57 am

You've done a hell of a job getting clear photos!
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:59 pm

Great research frunkstar, and I love the rainbow pic Very Happy Aj is sending me one of his four to do some hands on research as well, and I'll be sure to compare it to various HK COOs (along with Chine, Japan, Tri-logo, Ledy etc) to id any other differences. Its going to be good to be able to ID these as best we can, but doesn't stop them flooding the market and putting doubt in your head every time you see a nice white stormie up for sale Sad

budspencer wrote:
you cannot just give up collecting just because some tool got his way for a bit.

i am not gonna stop collecting because of this moron. it would take something else drastic to stop me because i love this so much now.

And I'm not thinking about quitting cos of this one tool. The problem is he is one of many, many tools out there trying to make a cheap buck at the expense of collectors like us, and in doing so are flooding the market with knock-off rubbish that is getting better and better in quality making it harder and harder to spot and be sure your are buying what you think you are buying. I'm just getting sick of the doubt/worry/concern that shrouds almost every purchase these days - it saps the fun out of collecting, and I seem to spend more and more time researching whats fake/real, that I do enjoying what I collect. But thats just me...
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:20 pm

well at least that tool was not able to duplicate my unidentifiable HK stormie..ahahahahah

Great work Frunkstar, mucho respecto for your detective work...just goes to show that this tool probably tried to sculpt or remold the original,,does not look like a ( possible mold) was used since there are so many mistakes made from what we have seen!

cheers!

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Great work Frank. At least there is some differences you can see when in hand. But the only downfall is when you see shots on Ebay you wont be able to tell them apart. And you know how some people are, they see a white Stormie and they loose their minds. No extra questions on it or for extra pix. I wouldnt be surprised that they turn up as the "New Variant of the Week" on Ebay soon.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:41 pm

Excellent work Frunkstar! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Frank is da man!!!!!!! NICE job!
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:08 am

Thanx for helping us out
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:48 am

Welcome guys & thanks for making me feel it was worthwhile, though I still feel a petition is the way to go.

EDIT - The peg holes in the feet are slightly larger & IMO do not fit the standard pro tech stands to well, also the underarm flat area is similar/possibly identical to Tri-Logo & Ledy stormtroopers, the good news is hta Tri & Ledy's are both no Coo
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:22 am

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 548339347_o
Shocked
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:00 am

What's with the LFL copyright on the photo or is it printed on the card?
You can't tell us Poon has got a license?
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:12 pm

affraid WTF gives James, you got the low down on these?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:46 pm

unsure

The card uses artwork of the Star wars Battlefront game.

REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 Star_Wars_Battlefront_wallpaper

Is this the newest product of Mark Poon?

Fully licensed?

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 5:34 pm

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Latest-Star-Wars-Figures-new-packaging-2pc-set-/170787226445?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item27c3b6434d

tiefighterboy wrote:
He is a rep for China plastics firm. He has access to to trained Mold makers. He has access to graphic packaging firms...He lives in China....untouchable.

EDIT: Mark has always claimed these troopers are NOT his. ( & I've always said this was not a 1 man production)
[QUOTE=markpoon]hello aussiejames, I don't intend to post at RS but I want everyone to know that:

I did not produce these white & black Stormtroopers
I got them from a dealer in Hong Kong
I've returned all the white Stormtroopers
I've stopped selling the white Stormtroopers
I'm not the one selling the bootleg 2-packs on eBay, the seller is from China!!![/QUOTE]

Last edited by aussiejames on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 6:58 pm

No mention of it being a custom no where. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:13 am

I will take one for the team and attempt to buy one of the useless bits of crap to see what is what on the packet
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:41 am

Crap, this is horrible, until now the guns was what I was worried about. Now this...

Thanks for showing and the efforts. Gonna be a nightmare buying collections when these have spread out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:10 pm

This makes me so sad. I'm glad frunkstar took those great pics. It just seems like this will just get worse with time. A lot to think about

Last edited by Johnny U on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:44 pm

aussiejames wrote:
"the hands & legs are soft compared to the original figures, the original limbs cannot be bent like the repros. "
well I'll be hanging set weights off the limbs & measuring deflection/bend Suspect & double checking (unless someone else has any better ideas) I'm putting money on the fact there is no way AFA will pick these up as repros let alone anyone else accurately 100% of the time.

It will be interesting to see if the AFA could catch it. :scratch: I really hope so :nailbiting:
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:31 am

This two pack is now availabe on eBay UK. The name of the company selling it is different to the one James posted, but still based in China. Although the seller won't post to Hong Kong or China. Mmm!

Here is a photo of the back of the card.

[img]REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 Dsc_1510[/img]
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 6:51 am

Just a quick thought, are the suckers sinkers or floaters?
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:30 am

Some sites, don't seem to bother at all, and are even promoting these fake stormtroopers. Sad

Probably they don't seem to realize what harm they can do for the vintage community.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=9558

EDIT: I wrote a comment

I like JTA a lot and I look at it on a daily base. However I don't agree with these reproductions being promoted here. The white Stormtrooper figure stirs a lot of controversy in the vintage community at this moment. The problem is that these reproduction Stormtroopers are almost impossible to distinguish from genuine vintage Kenner Stormtroopers. What makes things worse is that these figures are not labelled as reproductions.

It will just take some time, before we will see the first ebay listings where these reproductions are sold as genuine vintage figures. The reproductions will suddenly become fakes. You will understand, that would be a dark day for the vintage hobby.

My commnent is under review by the JTA moderator now, I am curious whether they will publish it.

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 5:16 am

You are right, they are providing the Ebay link direct to the product which currently stands (at time of my post) as 51 of these sold so far.
Marco I sincerely hope your reply gets approved! In the interests of balanced opinion it should.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:56 am

Done! Very Happy

There is even some discussion now on JTA.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=9558
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 5:10 pm

I want to sign up and get them so straight on there. Twisted Evil These things are not bootlegs people. They are no more than custom pieces that look like the originals. But for someone who doesnt promote them, they sure do like them alot. Rolling Eyes Makes you want to collect My Pretty Ponies, I tell you. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REPRO STORMTROOPERS   REPRO STORMTROOPERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REPRO STORMTROOPERS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next