The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Single loose figure you are proud of!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Lovely looking Tri-Fett and nice Limelight btw. Some very minty looking figures.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Oli was that Adam's old Romba?- really great piece.
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:23 am

aussiejames wrote:
Oli was that Adam's old Romba?- really great piece.

Yes thats the one Smile

It the only one I have seen with the non-production colour hood, although I think Jeff may have one too that had a painted hood!?
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:58 pm

I have a few that are very close in favorite status, but I'm most proud of my mint complete Hungarian Fett
Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 Kurtja10
Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 Kurtja11
Back to top Go down
DarthSwales
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
DarthSwales

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Nice one, GanjaFett! Great thread guys, I am still yet to get my hands on something gob smackingly rare though, personally. I guess sentimentally valued figures count too but I was never actually around during the original days so I unfortunately don't have any childhood memories of any particular Kenner figures.
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:37 am

GanjaFett wrote:
I have a few that are very close in favorite status, but I'm most proud of my mint complete Hungarian Fett

That is a lovely looking Fett. I have never been a bootleg collector but that is one bootleg I would love to own. I think the hungarian bootlegs look pretty awesome and your Fett is in minty condition.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:22 am

Difficult to make a choice but if I really have to it will be these two figures. TIE Fighter Pilot has always been one of my most favourite figures. The two figures below are special in different ways:

Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 IMG_5517

The Kenner TIE Fighter Pilot (left) is special to me as it was this figure which I bought in a small comics shop back in 2009. This figure sparked the fire and draw me back into vintage collecting after an absence of more than 25 years.
More background about this figure here. (scroll down a bit).

The other figure is a PBP version differing from other PBP pilots in having AT AT emblems on his helmet. This guy is rare which makes him double bad ass. Very Happy

Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 IMG_5519

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:57 am

Cool pilot Marco Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 2:04 pm

[quote="olisuds"]
GanjaFett wrote:
I think the hungarian bootlegs look pretty awesome

Well, but because of the ever growing overseas interests some hungarian guys are producing them again! (bootlegging the bootleggers) (especially Boba Fett-s!!!) Sad

Because of the very poor quality of our real hungarian vintage bootlegs, it is a very easy process nowadays... (+ the non hungarian collectors didn't saw any of them in those old days, they can't spot the differencies between them...)
Sad but true Sad
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 9:14 pm

[quote="skywalkerhu"]
olisuds wrote:
GanjaFett wrote:
I think the hungarian bootlegs look pretty awesome

Well, but because of the ever growing overseas interests some hungarian guys are producing them again! (bootlegging the bootleggers) (especially Boba Fett-s!!!) Sad

Because of the very poor quality of our real hungarian vintage bootlegs, it is a very easy process nowadays... (+ the non hungarian collectors didn't saw any of them in those old days, they can't spot the differencies between them...)
Sad but true Sad

I doubt an experienced collector would be fooled by a fake Hungarian figure. If you have any pics, I would love to see how good they are though. I've heard people say there are good quality fake Hungarian Fetts before, with no evidence other than pictures of old ebay auctions with hungarian themed paint on production Fetts inside fake Hungarian cards. Would love to learn more if anyone out there has any additional information or images.

Similar to most fakes and reproductions, they can usually be spotted in good quality pictures and surely when they are in-hand. There are small things that cannot be duplicated imo.

And I only know of 16 or 17 carded and loose Hungarian Fetts, and I've been hunting them for years. Sure, there's a few more in black hole collections or yet to be discovered in a closet, but if there were a flood of new fake ones hitting the market, you would know something was up.

Last edited by GanjaFett on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Marco the PBP pilot in having AT AT emblems on his helmet is most excellent!!!!!!! I'd LOVE one! Very nice my friend : )
-Steve
Back to top Go down
ratherchildish
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ratherchildish

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Cool thread guys. As most of you know I don't really collect figures outside of the very mainstream production realm, so I don't have much to beam about in terms of something truly rare. But, as long as you're asking, and if I must choose one, I have a blue Snag that is in just incredible condition and that I was able to get at a very nice price.

Back to top Go down
http://ratherchildish.com
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 5:59 pm

AWESOME Blue Snag : ) And the picture you took is quite amazing too! That would make for a GREAT painting with Luke and Ben in the background...
Hey Marco, nice story about the Tie Pilot.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Nice pick Pete , very ominous LOL

Great assortment of figures BTW everyone. The diversity is a testament to the boundless options we have as collectors.

I didnt realize I only have 4 loose figures until now LOL. I know Blue Stars should be the easy winner but I'm digging Bib Fortuna

Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 Imag0413
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:45 pm

Great looking figures Marco, Pete, DB. I also like this thread. Anybody else have a favorite/most proud of?
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:23 pm

GanjaFett wrote:

I doubt an experienced collector would be fooled by a fake Hungarian figure.

OK, but I live here, together with a very small collector community. Everyone of us know about this topic. Maybe they producing them only in a very small quantity or so... And they are professional!
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Well I guess it would have to be a Bespin Luke for me, The Ledy comes close, but I think I'd have to sway to the 'Glossy' ginger haired version:
Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 Luke_b22
These guys are suprisingly hard to find and after buying God knows how many and them turning out to be mustard haired versions from bad photo's or people using stock photo's, I finally happened up on one by accident for a quid! For that reason, he's my Fave.
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:15 am

PBP Luke X-Wing ... in real nice shape for one of these ... pretty proud of him !!

Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 Pbplukexwing
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:19 am

Ohhh cant forget this guy. Macao Biker Scout in superb condition

Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 Macaobikerbb
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:38 am

Great single figures everyone,

The PBP LXW rocks! Nice he has his helmet decals too.

And that's a cool Macao biker scout as well.
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:35 am

awesome Luke Alex & Chopper that Luke X-Wing is amazing!! :Drool:
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Quote :
Is his neck loose? Mine has the exact same problem.

Hey Pat, Nice Luke, mines got a loose neck also, and mine also came with a real thin shitty lightsaber that looks just like yours also.
Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 Luke_s10
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Some very nice figures so far guys!!

While tempted to put my latest figure in (Takara Stormie), I've gotta stick with the little Aussie in my collection Smile

Toltoys Jawa
Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 TtJawa
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Awesome figures guys. I will have
,a think which is my favourite and post soom
E pics
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Hey great to see you two back and posting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Single loose figure you are proud of!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next