The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Single loose figure you are proud of!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Single loose figure you are proud of! Empty
PostSubject: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 11:21 pm

Ok this has been probably been done to death here. I know i have seen top 10, top 5 etc etc.... but what would be the single most valuable figure you are proud of at the moment in your collection.

For me so far and after much thought it would be my Taiwan R2, it has a super nice sticker and in tip top condition and it seems to be super rare to get in the condition i got it in. Most of what i have seen on auction are in poor shape, sadly. Many good hong kong ones though but good looking Taiwan are a pain to find.

what would be your favorite figure?

Single loose figure you are proud of! DSCF8898

Last edited by budspencer on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Most valuable for sentimental reasons:
Single loose figure you are proud of! JamesDTLuke
was a present from the Star wars community when life threw a few too many curve balls at me.
Still brings a happy tear to my eye Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 4:41 am

We need a like button AJ Smile
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 5:12 am

...or a warm fuzzy button!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:37 am

id post a pic of my girl, but she wouldent like hat to much
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:45 am

jimmymindtricks wrote:
id post a pic of my girl, but she wouldent like hat to much
single loose figure Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:20 am

Single loose figure you are proud of! 0056
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:46 am

I'm still digging and really proud of my Taiwan Leia I picked up last year in a figure lot ... what a sweetie she is ...

Single loose figure you are proud of! Leia_l10
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:53 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
Single loose figure you are proud of! 0056

i remember those, they were awesome!
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:59 pm

aussiejames wrote:
Most valuable for sentimental reasons:
Single loose figure you are proud of! JamesDTLuke
was a present from the Star wars community when life threw a few too many curve balls at me.
Still brings a happy tear to my eye Smile

Yes, A DT luke would be top on my list if i had one too. Maybe someday i'lll find one. Smile i still have quite some way to go to finish a loose set ( regular kenner version ) tough. ( id probably close to be 3/4 done if i had not bought up my other star wars related items ) Like i said in previous post i am halway thru loose figures from original trilogy and POTF. The POTF line is gonna be the killer on my wallet but i guess if you shop and watch you can get away with decent figures for a resonable amount of money.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 4:09 pm

Great figures guys! I like them all, especially because of the stories that come with them. Most valuable loose figure for me is not for what he's worth, money wise, but more so for the effort that went into getting him. My first Meccano Fett was very hard to find but the second one was harder because of the hundreds of emails I sent in French to find him. Translating English to French was not fun but I learned a lot : )
-Steve

Single loose figure you are proud of! Fett_c10
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:23 pm

stevefdwyer wrote:
Great figures guys! I like them all, especially because of the stories that come with them. Most valuable loose figure for me is not for what he's worth, money wise, but more so for the effort that went into getting him. My first Meccano Fett was very hard to find but the second one was harder because of the hundreds of emails I sent in French to find him. Translating English to French was not fun but I learned a lot : )
-Steve

Single loose figure you are proud of! Fett_c10

well i am really a french canadian so if you ever need something translated in french just give me a jingle here. Hopefully i ll be around to pick up your translation and help you out. New-Brunswick is the only bilingual province in canada and that is where i am at and since i work for that every government i have to do tons of emails every day in english and french.

so if you are not asking for a novel length translation and i am around like i said. i ll be glad to help the meccano fans.

Que la force soit avec toi! A jamais!

Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:34 pm

Merci! And may the Force be with you!
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:57 pm

this is my favorite figure, took me forever to find a nice one

Single loose figure you are proud of! 004-4
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:07 pm

RetroRewindToys wrote:
this is my favorite figure, took me forever to find a nice one

Single loose figure you are proud of! 004-4

Is his neck loose? Mine has the exact same problem.
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Yes the neck is loose, everyone I have ever seen has this problem.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:55 pm

That's one I don't own and I envy you for it.....
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:45 pm

RetroRewindToys wrote:
Yes the neck is loose, everyone I have ever seen has this problem.

I didn't know this variant was that tough to find? What's the story behind this Luke and the loose neck?
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:01 am

It's not that tough to find as they do pop up on eBay quite often. I had a AFA 85 one & sold it when I should have just busted it out of the case. It took me awhile to find a replacement that had no paint wear or yellowing.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Even though there are 2 in the picture. Pick one of them and I'm pretty proud to own it.
Single loose figure you are proud of! 1488512214_5008723fd8_z

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:07 pm

Joe, I figured it would be the carded Black Snowtrooper. The Headsman are sweet on their own.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:26 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Joe, I figured it would be the carded Black Snowtrooper. The Headsman are sweet on their own.

Well the thread is about loose figures. I suppose I could pop a pic of the loose Red Polish Snowtrooper up, but still not as fun as a pair of Headman figs...lol

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 3:59 am

I think my most expensive and the figure I am most proud to own is my Sise Fromm figure bounce

Single loose figure you are proud of! Sise_f11
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:33 am

Love the Headman Joe, both of them Smile. That is without doubt the most awesome and iconic of all bootlegs!

Doesn't matter how many times its been done before - its still a great thread. I love seeing other peoples favourite figures - it gives me inspiration on what to buy next Smile

When you have to choose just one figure it really makes you think about it. I haven't made many purchases this year but this one is still my favourite by far.

Single loose figure you are proud of! P1040881

Dated First Shot Prototype Dark Brown coloured Romba with non production colour hood
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:53 pm

nowadays my Unpainted Knee Tri Fett in a very hard to find condition:

Single loose figure you are proud of! Dsc01410
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single loose figure you are proud of!   Single loose figure you are proud of! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Single loose figure you are proud of!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next