The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tri-logo Prices?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stormtrooper37
New User
New User

Tri-logo Prices? Empty
PostSubject: Tri-logo Prices?   Tri-logo Prices? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 3:56 pm

I have over the last few months decided to concentrate my focus on Tri-logo's. I like there appearance and I know this sounds strange but love the beaten up bubbles, although the mint ones are very nice, but due to the flimsey plastic - quite rare.

Have just managed to purchase a Tri-logo Stormtrooper, figure minty white, card good condition, bubble some crushing but not too bad for £42.00. I was quite pleased with this price as I understood this was one of the slightly more difficult figures to obtain on a Tri-logo card.

Now a Tri-logo Boushh similar card and bubble condition went for £117.00!! Is this not overpriced for this figure, I would never pay that for this figure on a Tri-logo.

Anyone more up on Tri-logo prices than me?

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Tri-logo Prices? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tri-logo Prices?   Tri-logo Prices? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 6:50 pm

Joe_O knows a thing or two : http://trilogo.info/
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Tri-logo Prices? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tri-logo Prices?   Tri-logo Prices? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:16 am

There really isn't much to be said about prices for Trilogos, in many cases you simply can't compare one auction to another. Might be the same character on the same card variant but one will sell for £40 being a c8 and the other will sell for £140 because it's mint.

Same for reasonably rarer figures, sometimes you see them sell for less than £100 then you see them go way over.

This year alone I saw three different Trilogo ERG's (often cited as being in the top 10 rarest Trilogos) the ending prices were all over the place: $482, $810 and $1,001...

Back to your question on the Stormtrooper and Boushh- You can find both with some patience, Boushh can sell for a good amount because people get tired of waiting for one to come up, yet just like Ackbar (another unrecognised tough one) you don't see 1 on ebay for ages then 5 come up at once. I saw two ungraded Ackbars sell for £125 and £371 ( Surprised ) yet I know where there is a very publicly advertised AFA 80 for less than £125 *SHIPPED* - what I think happens is, people can't find certain figures for ages, then splurge the second they find one, only to see another few listed a few weeks apart. They often get cheaper as the market gets saturated because it means less people need them so won't pay / bid as much.

End of the day people will pay through the nose for quality MOC, no dents, no creases, no sticker tears etc, if you settle for a C7-C8 range (displayable but not insanely mint) you can pick most of them up on a smaller budget.

Only the most anal collectors bankrupt themselves on toys Wink
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Tri-logo Prices? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tri-logo Prices?   Tri-logo Prices? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:26 am

aussiejames wrote:
Joe_O knows a thing or two : http://trilogo.info/

I deliberately left out a pricing/rarity guide so I could finish my set on a budget! lol!
Back to top Go down
stormtrooper37
New User
New User

Tri-logo Prices? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tri-logo Prices?   Tri-logo Prices? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Thanks Joe, I had no idea the prices could vary so much, I'm not bothered to much about condition (just as well looks like I will save quite a bit of money) although there are some figures I would pay more for as I like the figure anyway, others not fussed about and want them as cheap as possible.

Only have 9 Tri-logo MOC's at present including ERG so that's one of the toughest to find out the way lol.

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Tri-logo Prices? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tri-logo Prices?   Tri-logo Prices? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:30 pm

stormtrooper37 wrote:

Thanks Joe, I had no idea the prices could vary so much, I'm not bothered to much about condition (just as well looks like I will save quite a bit of money) although there are some figures I would pay more for as I like the figure anyway, others not fussed about and want them as cheap as possible.

Only have 9 Tri-logo MOC's at present including ERG so that's one of the toughest to find out the way lol.

Congrats on the ERG- check out the other thread I just bumped for Trilogo collectors, maybe you could post some pics there or even do a limelight Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tri-logo Prices? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tri-logo Prices?   Tri-logo Prices? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tri-logo Prices?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1