The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Now, yall know me, I'm a power metal metal Very Happy but I'm really just a music man in general, it's ot in everyones taste, but I love Rap, so I've hand picked a few classics, that may appeal to the more, metal/horror lovers here Very Happy

My favourite spooky rap song of all time, 1-800 Suicide, by the Gravediggaz (RZA from Wu-Tang Clan's side project) Prince Paul did the music for this album Niggamortis, later renamed 6 Feet Deep. This is a fan made video and not the real band, the reason is that it uses the original album version of the song, the actual offiial video used the 'clean' alternate lyrics version which is good but not as good.

Next up, a classic that just makes me smile  Razz  I Stab People by Insane Clown Posse

Next up, the best in breath control rapping, Abdominal rapping for DJ Format.

No idea about Rap??? Well here's Ra the Ruged Mans history of it.

More later  Smile 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:51 pm

Went and seen That 1 Guy in Tulsa last night ... all I can say is FUCKING FANTASTC  cheers 

My wife with a little girl who was wearing her That 1 Guy hat - my wife had brought a package of mustaches so she gave the little girl and her 2 brothers a mustache  Very Happy 

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 Photo_10

and here she is with the Guy himself ...

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 Photo_11

I was accidentally caught in this pic - he sells (and autographs for free  What a Face ) his own merchandise after the shows ...

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 Photo_12

He is on a US tour right now ... check here for dates :

http://that1guy.com/

If you like great music in the key of beotch please go to see him - you will not regret it  Very Happy 

he is a truly original artist and a very personable guy  Cool 
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:16 pm

BEARD!
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 6:40 pm

Hopefully he will come to the UK one day, I'd well check him out  cheers

Looking cool with the beard brother  What a Face
Back to top Go down
chipsteak
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
chipsteak

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Hi Guys.

Fave genres with a couple of favourite artists for each are...

Electronica ( Boards Of Canada/ Dj Shadow )
Contemporary Fare ( Arcade Fire/ Arctic Monkeys )
Metal ( Ghost/ Classic Sabbath )
Instrumental ( Mogwai, Godspeed )
Soundtracks ( John Carpenter/ Ennio Morricone )

..and many others ranging from stuff nobody cares about to some classics.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Time to bump this great thread  cheers 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 5:37 pm

cheers  Andy

here's one of my favorite Zappa related memories :

Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 7:16 pm

Terry Bozzio  cheers cheers cheers

James, I'm still listening to the Zappa cd's you kindly sent me from the states a while ago brother  cheers Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 11:24 am

I'm lovin' the Zappa vids.  Very Happy 
I didn't get to see Zappa perform live, but I did see Terry Bozzio around 15 years ago when he was giving a demonstration/drum clinic in a small university lecture.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 2:07 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
I'm lovin' the Zappa vids.  Very Happy 
I didn't get to see Zappa perform live, but I did see Terry Bozzio around 15 years ago when he was giving a demonstration/drum clinic in a small university lecture.

Nice one Steve  cheers that must have been awesome to attend mate  cheers

Zappa had some great drummers in his line ups over the years, Terry Bozzio, Chad Wackerman, Chester Thompson to name a few  cheers
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:53 am

just one of many excellent songs contained within Buckethead's "Pikes" series . Each Pike is numbered like a little comic book cover - the series is up into the 50's now and I think he's only been working on them for 3 or 4 years  jawdrop 

if you are interested they can be ordered directly from Bucketheadland and the standard editions are only $10 each  Cool 

http://bucketheadpikes.com/

Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Happy Birthday Big B   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 11:05 am

Today is my hero's birthday ...

Happy Birthday Mr. Bucket  cheers 

Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 4:18 pm

Due to Chop Top being brought up here : http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t7145-section-for-customs-dioramas-photography

I was reminded of another Buckethead project he does with Bill Mosely  Twisted Evil 

It's called "Cornbugs" - Mosely does the singing as "Choptop"  cheers 

It is primarily done for humor to entertain those of us with a dark side - so don't judge Bucky by his playing here please - he is playing a character too . Buckethead dresses and haphazardly plays as if he were Leatherface  What a Face 

They have put out 5 or 6 cds and there is tons of it on youtube if this weirdness tickles your fancy  Wink
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 11:36 am

Following on from a previous chat with Jim, via PM, about the prog rock band 'Tool'.
And about a gorgeous drumming girl vid I posted on Paul's (Artour_Detour) birthday thread.

Here's a couple of cool vids of both Meytal Cohen, some awesome kids doing a cover of Tool's 46 & 2
and some cool bands that I'm into Very Happy

couldn't decide between these two, so i posted up both Very Happy

another tool track 46 & 2 covered by some awesome kids jawdrop

and here's a couple of bands that i'm into:

firstly staying with the Prog theme, here is a band that's been around for quite a while now and this is an older, but very good, track:
Arriving somewhere but not here by guitar geeks 'Porcupine Tree'

This is a new band that i've been listening to for a while now on kerrang radio, their debut album finally came out in August cheers Its amazing how much sound you get from just a bass guitar and a drum kit.

edit:
oh yeah, and these guys are very good, super group, Killer Be killed  Twisted Evil
made up of:
Max Cavalera - Soulfly/ex-Sepultura
Troy Sanders - Mastadon
Greg Puciato - Dillinger Escape Plan
Dave Elitch - The Mars Volta

enjoy, cheers.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 12:57 pm

Meytal Cohen is certainly a class act cheers
After she came out of the Israeli army(after two years), she enrolled at the Los Angeles Music Academy and was professionally trained in drums and percussion by many world class musicians like Ralph Humphrey who played with Zappa Very Happy

Ralph Humphrey played drums on Zappa's Overnite Sensation, one of my favourite Zappa albums cheers
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 12:03 pm

Great stuff Chris cheers

I really enjoyed the Killer Be killed - as a big fan of Soulfly/Sepultura and The Dillinger Escape Plan , these guys are right up my alley Twisted Evil

The Porcupine Tree is quite cool too - almost reminds me of a cross between Tool and Marillion  ...  Toorillion thinking

and Meytal Cohen is awesome - fantastic drummer and oh so hot :Drool:

here's one of my favorite Tool songs ... the 1st time I heard this version of "Push It" was live and I thought I would never get to hear the version again but luckily they released it on their Salival box set . The set was released in pretty limited numbers so its not a song everyone is probably familiar with ...

Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Hey James, The puppet looks like That 1 Guy in the video mate :scratch:

Great sounds man cheers
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 10:44 pm

Nico wrote:
Hey James, The puppet looks like That 1 Guy in the video mate :scratch:

Great sounds man cheers

Glad you like it Andy Cool

That is a puppet version of That 1 Guy What a Face

I think Modern Man is a track on his newest CD Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 3:32 am

Ha ha, that was great Sunday morning viewing, thanks for posting Jim.
It's like 'that 1guy' meets the muppets Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 4:14 pm

This thread I can contribute to. New whitechapel, exodus, overkill, within temptation, nonpoint, opeth, at the gates, carcass, killer be killed, epica, suicide silence, devil you know, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 5:15 pm

I have been jamming on Five Finger Death Punch a lot lately  Twisted Evil

and here's Chris's sexy little drummer girl Meytal ...

this was the band Ivan Moody (the vocalist) was in before 5 Finger Death Punch ...

I love Motograter too  What a Face

Ivan had a song in one of my favorite movies as well ...

Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 4:50 pm

This next one sums up my attitude for today quite well Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 3:41 pm

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Yesterday was Alice Coopers birthday, tomorrow it's Axl Roses. Here's a song which features both artists.

And one of my favourite songs by Alice In Chains.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?   MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUSIC - What kind do you guy's listen to ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next