The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What kind of collection do you like the most?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

What kind of collection do you like the most? Empty
PostSubject: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:24 pm

What makes a great collection in your eyes?

I can appreciate a wide range of displays and collections but I really have a soft spot for character focus collections (of course!)
and neat and tidy displays, sometimes I can't quite get into huge displays or cluttered rooms even if they contain
great items it still feels like visual overload and I get lost in the pictures!

What kind of collections do you most enjoy looking at when you are checking out other peoples display rooms or pictures? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:35 pm

i mostley like charkter focuses

for me , mathias , speederbike bikerscout and steve's chewie focus jump out the most

aswell as rebel chris , just the blueprints for the paint appliance , get's him on my fav , list

as far as variation collections , there is only one name , and it's wolf , lip something , lol

hope to get my collection of variations worthy of standing next to his

i also , have to mention , hyver's collection , that has a little of everything that came out with the name star wars

thanks for that

, but to be really honest there isnt a collection in these limelights that i think are boring to look at
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Oh I agree, I can't ever really say I have looked at a collection and thought "ugh.." lol

(well there was one guy who displayed his figures on the backboard of a shelf and all the weapons were in the
middle..never understood that LOL - or the guy who took pictures whilst standing up and you could see his feet
in every shot, without shoes I might add - then again those were just pictures haha )

There are some great character focus display threads out there, when I was trying to find a forum back in 03/04' I
stumbled upon a Canadian forum where I met Shane Turgeon who said I should join RS, he also showed me his
pictures of his Thall Joben run, at the time I had never heard of anyone going after pieces for one single figure - I
just imagined most people either collected loose, boxed,carded or a mixture!

When I got to RS I must say that it was Mattias' display thread that turned things around for me, I couldn't believe
what he had done with a ROTJ character!

Character focus collections are great to look at and I appreciate them even more after I started my own, I think I can also
understand people that just see 20 of the same figure staring back at them and thin : "Huh!?"
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:00 pm

I enjoy looking at all collections to be honest -

Things i really like -

Great Display methods

Good picture Quality (Nothing worse than pictures of great items when the pic quality is really bad)

Complete MOC Runs

Character Focus'

Varied collections (like wouters)

I could go on ill add more later Wink
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:37 am

I love a good focus collector's collection. There's so many to name, but tops has to be Bill McBride's Vader run. Then there's Mattias' Chirpa, Shane's Thall, Skye's Chewie and Don's Tusken. All of which are top quality collections. And the display looks nice too.

There's a ton of others out there, but that's the few that come to mind the most.

Like Jay, I really like a nicely displayed collection. It inspires me to work more on my display and you can appreciate the full breadth of work that goes in to them.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:51 pm

I don't know about anyone else but I love pouring over other people collections. (mine the best of course! te-he Very Happy )

Whether it a nicely focused shrine to one charcter or a massive hoard of pure vintage. I love the fact everyone is different and I find it quite refreshing to see other people's take on the best hobby in the world.

(no pictures of feet in collection though dudes... don't want to chunder throw up )
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Any collection thats well displayed where you can see the items is the best. If its too cluttered like this old toy shop that used to close to me, just doesn't do it for me. I like to be able to see whats there and wish mine was as well as showcased as that. Now the one that was posted with one carded figure in each section of the case, thats to plain and has no appeal.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:56 pm

I like looking at everyones but I try to view them all without comparison to each other. Its the variety that makes it interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:30 pm

When I first really jumped into vintage with both feet, I was intimidated by some of the collections on RS. After awhile though, you get ideas and focus on what makes their collection pop and try to add a little of that and a little of this in my collection display.

I have plans for my next house(cause if we're having another baby, we've got to get another bedroom) and I'm really going to go all out. I know my first thing I will do different is have at least one full wall with shelving similar to Darren's on RS with built-in shelves that cover the whole area with acrylic style cases of MOC and hopefully upgrade to a Ikea type case for my loose figures and have bookcase displays for playsets and vehicles. One day that is.

Even the worst display is visually appealing in some way. If its vintage, I'm down.
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

PostSubject: Re: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 5:15 pm

i am really a beginner on sw collecting but a nice collection to me is the 21 moc that were produced for the first movie. i have completed it recently and i am very satisfied. added a boxed tie fighter with inserts and landspeeder with inserts, unaplied decals and kenner promo booklet. now i feel compete, can you imagine!!! i will focus on golden age comic books i guess from now on lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:22 pm

domr2 wrote:
i am really a beginner on sw collecting but a nice collection to me is the 21 moc that were produced for the first movie. i have completed it recently and i am very satisfied. added a boxed tie fighter with inserts and landspeeder with inserts, unaplied decals and kenner promo booklet. now i feel compete, can you imagine!!! i will focus on golden age comic books i guess from now on lol!

Nice one Dom the first 21 SW MOC were awesome in my opinion you should put some photos up buddy Smile
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

PostSubject: Re: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:31 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:
domr2 wrote:

Nice one Dom the first 21 SW MOC were awesome in my opinion you should put some photos up buddy Smile

Deal! Stormie Smiley

I'll set it up and post this weekend.

domr2
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:24 am

domr2 wrote:
jaymassive619 wrote:
domr2 wrote:

Deal! Stormie Smiley

I'll set it up and post this weekend.

domr2

Nice one Dom im really looking forward to seeing the pictures buddy!!
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 5:34 am

I like all collections, large or small, its graet seeing them all.

Persoanlly though i fluctuate between hording loads of figures and loving it...to feeling congested and wanting a neat small pile of rarer iconic items.

depends what mood im in and what the bank balance is looking like.

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
Darth Father
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:19 am

I like a well displayed collection.

Sure Ikeas are nice but nothing beats a SW room made up like the Death Star!
Back to top Go down
http://wattosjunkshop.com
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 1:54 am

i realy enjoy the ledy collection's.like jason's "sacko" collection.i hear admiral has some ledy's too,let's see em bud.Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of collection do you like the most?   What kind of collection do you like the most? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What kind of collection do you like the most?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1