The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Wow Matijn those Trems are impressive especially laid out with all the boxes, some motu too! What are the bottom row of figures?
Nice Vader showpieces from Jay too, and congrats again Wolff on the Black snowtrooper.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:45 pm

Really nice set Martijn!! Are the MOTU figures resin? .... I'm asuming.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:22 pm

I also wanted to post some bootlegs pics here....but after MArtijn (congrats btw....this is really sick...I always loved your TREM collection...but seeing them together on one picture is really really sick Wink...in a good way of course!) and Joe_Y (OMG...this collection is one of a kind) posted...I feel soooooo small...... Very Happy Very Happy

Anyway:
Im also interested in the MOTU figs. Are these really lead as well??? WOW ...that would be amazing...never heard of that!

Regards

Wolff
Back to top Go down
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Thanks guys, this MT collection is my pride and joy Smile

Artoo_Detour wrote:
What are the bottom row of figures?

Those are the second series of Model Trem, a kind of SW knock offs, you can read about them here:
http://www.loucoporbonecos.com.br/site_em_ingl%EAs/aventuras_ingles.htm
For some reason the pics are gone, hope they will restore those soon.

rebojazz wrote:
Are the MOTU figures resin?

Yes they are. Would have needed shipping by freight if those where made out of lead Razz

Got a close up here:

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 M_IMG_1405

~Martijn
Back to top Go down
http://www.starswar.eu
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:49 pm

That's a great picture Martijn! Awesome collection Smile
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:29 pm

WOW! I haven't seen that much toxic lead since my old machine gunning days... Seriously though - Those are awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Nice MT set Martijn, looks like you've been busy with variations..... Whats the difference on the Bib Fortunas? One Metal one Resin,or?

Looks like I've gotta get back to work on MT variants....lol
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Thanks again Smile

Yes, Joe, the Bib's are the lead and resin ones, recently got a resin RY too to display next to the lead one.
Noticed though a lot of MT are made of both resin and lead. Mostly the torso is resin and the limbs are lead but I also see resin leg variants.

~Martijn
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 7:27 pm

Wow Martijn! Those MT's are so impressive. Can't believe you have all those boxes and variants.

I'm really diggin the Yoda and that Snaggletooth is killer. I would love to see a close up of the Luke Jedi! How awesome are these figures?!!
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 7:34 pm

I've got quite a few of both as well. Although as far as mixed material figs go,I've seenown more with resin limbs and metal bodies than the opposite. Just hadn't seen a full lead Bib Fotruna, most I've seen are all resin or resin limbs/metal body.

Ahh Rolling Eyes , so THAT's where Jasons resin Ree Yees went....One of the 2 upgrades I'd hoped to make when he decided to move his MTs ...Oh well. Went to a good home at least.

Cheers
Joe

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 8:15 pm

Those are some killer collections guys. Joe's collection is the reason why I got into bootlegs in the first place. I was just amazed at what he had at the time I started into them. His collection just blew me away and I never seen anything like it. But unfortuntly, most of mine has gone to a new home (the unarts) and the rest of the Polish might be also. At least I know they have good homes they are going to.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 9:55 pm

Joseph_Y wrote:
Although as far as mixed material figs go,I've seenown more with resin limbs and metal bodies than the opposite. Just hadn't seen a full lead Bib Fotruna, most I've seen are all resin or resin limbs/metal body.

???? Wow curious. I only have seen full metal or resin bodys with metal limbs figures!
Back to top Go down
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:03 am

Joseph_Y wrote:

Ahh Rolling Eyes , so THAT's where Jasons resin Ree Yees went....One of the 2 upgrades I'd hoped to make when he decided to move his MTs ...Oh well. Went to a good home at least.

Thanks Joe Smile but mine wasn't Jasons. I got mine in a Brazil lot and it was paired with a true lead RY gun, never seen that version before.
Which other MT did you need from Jason? Don't know where the other RY went.

Will check about the lead/resin possibilities and try to catagorise them.

~Martijn
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:52 pm

The other Lead that I want from Jason, and he's going to give me first chance at, is his Leia Hoth. Mines not so hot in condition and his is super clean. The RY is also the only MT I don't have the "correct" weapon for. my all lead one came with a common 2nd series gun, my resin one came with nothing..

We should definitely work together to put together a list of known material variants. Perhaps it's time for the "MT counting thread" on RS, and make sure people post specifics on materials to help us.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Those are some killer collections guys. Joe's collection is the reason why I got into bootlegs in the first place. I was just amazed at what he had at the time I started into them. His collection just blew me away and I never seen anything like it. But unfortuntly, most of mine has gone to a new home (the unarts) and the rest of the Polish might be also. At least I know they have good homes they are going to.

Thanks Chris. Too bad that the bootleg bug didn't stick. I love the challenge of it, as well as the fact that apart from one person, most of the other people that I'd normally be in competition for items with are friends and other than the potential for Carded Polish figs which I'd do everything in my power to win, I try to keep the competition friendly these days. Hopefully when I to a full limelight the inspiration doesn't come back and make you miss the pieces that you've sold. :emperor:

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 6:41 pm

MartijnEmmelot wrote:

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 Tremcollection

~Martijn

Shocked MO GOUW , DA KUT TOCH WEL NIE Shocked

zukke zotn

martijn thats grazy , love the biker scout , but that pic would still be awsome with out it

standing :clap:
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Joseph_Y wrote:
Chris_J wrote:

Thanks Chris. Too bad that the bootleg bug didn't stick. I love the challenge of it, as well as the fact that apart from one person, most of the other people that I'd normally be in competition for items with are friends and other than the potential for Carded Polish figs which I'd do everything in my power to win, I try to keep the competition friendly these days. Hopefully when I to a full limelight the inspiration doesn't come back and make you miss the pieces that you've sold. :emperor:

Cheers
Joe

Oh believe me, I do miss them already. Its just the cash is needed more atm. I'll get back into it one day when I finished off the other areas I'm into. Hopefully by then, the competion is alot lower and you found all that you need. lol!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Sweet collection guys. Joe as I said before HOLY CRAP!! I get too many ideas looking at your pics. Still thinking of selling some regular stuff to finance bootlegs.

Martijn those pics of your MTs make me drool. I never realized how many there were. More to dream of.

Here's a pic of my bootleg collection as of a month ago. I've gotten a few since it was taken and an Uzay Vader came in the mail today. When to mailman brings all the new ones I'll post an updated pic.

My small but beloved bootleg collection.
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 0022
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:24 pm

Nice start so far, bud. Poor Gizmo below is looking up and wondering what the hell those ugly things are. lol!
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Nice Orange Snowtrooper. Is that Mexican? Also dig the crazy Chewbacca! Kind of looks like Kimbo Slice...
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:33 pm

Sith Noob wrote:
Nice Orange Snowtrooper. Is that Mexican? Also dig the crazy Chewbacca! Kind of looks like Kimbo Slice...

The orange Trooper is Mexican. I also now have the same figure in a baggie as well. I call the Chewie "Biker Chewie". I'm waiting to get some other figs in before posting a new pic. The collection is on the grow.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:00 am

Good to see you here, Paul! Glad you also like your bagged orange Snowtrooper! Your other stuff will be on it's way shortly. Glad you got suckered into the world of Mexican/SA bootlegs... just keep your eyes open Wink.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 5:34 am

my turn...some Uzays....forgot the R5 (dunno why...)

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 IMG_018811

note: only vader cape, atat rifle and tie rifle are original uzay!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:38 pm

Here's a pic of my Uzay Vader that came in the mail yesterday. He doesn't have a cape or saber but I think he's pretty cool. I'm pumped to have an Uzay in my house. Will need to get more so he doesn't get lonely.

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 0024
Back to top Go down
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Nice collection Paul! Congrats on adding your first Uzay hope there will be many more Smile

Wolff you gotta reshoot that pic Razz Super run though!

@JoeY, I will try to catagorise those Trems soon and start the team up Smile Would be a good plan to start a 'counting' thread on RS, let's see what's out there.
Did you ever sort the box/label styles?

To add a new pic to the thread, here's one I posted recently on RS ( especially for Wolff Twisted Evil )

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 M_IMG_2727

~Martijn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next