The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thor
New User
New User

Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt Empty
PostSubject: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:31 am

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum. I recently bought a VINYL CAPE JAWA Loose with certificate signed by Tom Derby. I think it is original but the Blaster is a reproduction (hard plastic, not shines, but not sure). However I have doubts in the layer, having Original certificate should be, but I do not trust anything. Jawa's eyes are small and should be great, I do not know if this is a high standard for a VC Jawa. The Cape is flexible but not soft, a little hard but flexible.
I you have some photos to see him, I'm sorry the poor quality of the pictures but I could not get others in more detail.

Best Regards and Magnificent this forum.

Last edited by Thor on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:38 am

Hi Welcome aboard mate!
The cape looks very weird to me,can you please upload some closer picts?
Enjoy this Forum, its GREAT!!
Javi
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:38 am

welcome Check the blaster against these: http://www.imperialgunnery.com/jawablaster.htm
The eyes look too small (but AFA have graded small eye VC Jawa's before) the cape should feel like most of your other vinyl caped figures ?
Back to top Go down
Thor
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:55 am

Thanks for the welcome, sorry but I can not do more pictures! Embarassed , are the only ones available to me ... Javi, you say it's rare, it is possible that it has assembled a certificate and a VC Jawa Fake for make dirty business? ...The certificate can be original, but the figure can be a Fake.

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:56 am

Thor welcome to the TIG Forum its great to have you here Smile

Im not an expert with VC Jawas bro so ill let others help in that regard.

Regarding the weapon if you put up some close up pictures i can tell you if its a REPRO or not buddy.

I also sent Tom Derby (whos one of the hobbies good guys) an email about the thread i know hes real busy with the holiday period upon us but he may get chance to check this thread out at some point and lend some input.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:59 am

Thor is the seller Todd DeMartino (the name shown in the cert and the man behind the Saga Museum)?

Todd is a household name in the hobby and vintage Star Wars Author if hes not selling it them it may be worth contacting him.

Jay
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:26 am

Thor wrote:
Javi, you say it's rare, it is possible that it has assembled a certificate and a VC Jawa Fake for make dirty business? ...The certificate can be original, but the figure can be a Fake.
The cape looks thicker than the original also the colour looks slightly different to me...If the weapon is a confirmed repro one, then all smells bad.
BTW ,The first COA i have from Tom is dated on 2008 and your is dated on 2006,i dont know if Tom changed his sig years back but is not the same as i have in my CIB´s COA...

Last edited by javiswspain on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:54 am

Just rechecked my CIB COAs for you ...
The older is dated on NOVEMBER 26 -2006 ,it is signed before yours and the sing dont match.... .
I think is a fake item all arroud, sorry dude...

Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt Dsc_0230

My VC Jawa , graded and authenticated ,hope this help

Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt Jawa_v10

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:02 am

That COA says grade 90NM so you would expect it to acompany a graded figure via afa in an acrylic case not a loose one.

Thor if you havent purchased this dont mate we will work to get to the bottom of it for you.

Jay
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:10 am

You have PM Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:26 am

I got a quick reply back off Tom via his mobile

Tom Derby Email wrote:

Sent: 20 December 2010 12:12:46
To: jay henderson

From my phone. Will look closer later. First thoughts - not my COA - never even seen that design - not my signature or handwriting - not even close - did Todd's Saga Museum even exist in 2006? I'll ask him but a clear forgery of my signature. Certainly have no recollection of this piece - Been exclusively using CIB coas since 2005. A lot of problems with this piece. What's the origin of that photo and who sold this? Feel free to paraphrase and share this info.

Thor i have sent you a PM can you let me know whos selling this item if you dont want to say publically at the moment pm me the details.

Note im gonna be off line for the next 4 hours or so Xmas shopping Rolling Eyes fell like shit as well but hey ho its got to be done ill come back to this later.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:21 am

Further update i have been in contact with Todd DeMartino and he has also confirm that the COA has nothing to do with the Saga Museum. They dont sell figures and they certainly dont do COA's.

What clear is the person who is attempting to sell this (or the person who sold it to them) has forged both Tom Derbys signature and has also forged and copied details from Todds Saga Museum websi9te to make this fake COA.

Thor if you could forward the sellers details to me asap that would be great.

I think this thread highlights more than ever the pitfalls in the hobby and the lengths scammers will go to in the pursuit of ripping off decent collectors.

If anyone is ever in doubt about items then like Thor did if you raise it on TIG we will ensure we get to the bottom of the situation to ensure your protected from been ripped off. If you dont want to make details public then contact either the Admin or Moderators on the site.

This forum is run by collectors we are not dealers and have no vested interests other than supporting our fellow collectors.

If your concerned that an item maybe fake, if your not sure about the value / rarity of items or you just want to clarify info that sellers tell you when trying to make a sale then dont hesitate to ask thats what we are here for.

This forum is a tight nit community of passionate collectors who look out for each other so never be afraid to ask. Smile

Jay
Back to top Go down
Thor
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi everyone,
the seller is Spanish and Do not have Evidence of fraud, I Probably Before I tricked him. The original seller likely is called Tom, i don't sure.

I am very upset with this issue, i try to write more slowly later.

Greetings and thank you very much for your help.
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Thor did you purchase this Jawa or not?
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 2:52 pm

That jawa looks fake to me, too thick, wrong colour and wrong figure.

I wouldnt go anywhere near unless i was 110%
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:00 pm

FAKE!!!!!......Cheesy Looking COA as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Thor wrote:
Hi everyone,
the seller is Spanish and Do not have Evidence of fraud, I Probably Before I tricked him. The original seller likely is called Tom, i don't sure.

I am very upset with this issue, i try to write more slowly later.

Greetings and thank you very much for your help.

Thor yo hablo un poco espanol hombre.

P.M. mi en español y debo entender lo que usted significa mejor

I think its clear that the VC Jawa is fake.

Whats more disconcerning to me is that somebody would rip off Todd DeMartinos details (they even used his address from his website) and also forge Tom Derbys signature when making a fake COA. Its one thing to make your own dodgy COA (Like some on eBay) but to do this is criminal.

Thor Javi username javiswspain is Spanish but speaks / writes good english he can help you if needed as well.

Jay
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:12 pm

TBH dudes just looking at that 5 yr olds scribble of a signature was enough for me! Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:30 pm

tigerham wrote:
TBH dudes just looking at that 5 yr olds scribble of a signature was enough for me! Wink

You cant go by something like that bro my signature is a mess of wavy lines these days lol the older i get the more messy its gets mind i have to sign documents all the time at work so i get sick of signing things.

Its funny when you look at the autograph section on RS you see how many of the celebs signatures have become more messy as the years rolled by.

I think what Thor is saying is the person trying to sell it to him is a good guy and may have been scammed by somebody previously thats how i read it anyway.

Jay
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:49 pm

[/quote]

I think what Thor is saying is the person trying to sell it to him is a good guy and may have been scammed by somebody previously thats how i read it anyway.

Jay[/quote]

Thor already have bought the figure and he trusts on the seller, but the seller may have been scammed by the previous owner.

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:33 pm

javiswspain wrote:

Jay[/quote]

Thor already have bought the figure and he trusts on the seller, but the seller may have been scammed by the previous owner.

[/quote]

Ah well thats not good news hopefully the guy who sold this to Thor is a decent person and provides a refund to him. then he can focus on going after the guy who ripped him off.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Thor
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:32 pm

You have understood correctly, I hope to return my money, I already sent him the figure, I do not like this. I bought one week ago or more and I think that the seller has been scammed before.

What a mess, and asked many times before paying ...

Thanks for your answers.
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:42 pm

Shitta, really sorry Thor and hope you get your money back soon. Keep us posted about your situation dude and sorry for your friend who seems to have got scammed in the first place, not good!
Back to top Go down
Thor
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:05 am

tigerham wrote:
Shitta, really sorry Thor and hope you get your money back soon. Keep us posted about your situation dude and sorry for your friend who seems to have got scammed in the first place, not good!

Thank you for your words tigerham, there are too crazy in Spain anyway, I hope everything goes well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt   Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinyl Cape Jawa Doubt

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1