The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book Empty
PostSubject: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi Guys

Just wondered what your thoughts were on this book ....... is it really worth the money its going for ie £50/60+ as I would like to get a copy but unsure if its justified ?

Thanks

Tony
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:40 pm

It's a great book! And it's very in depth in it's research and knowledge. It's a great reference book. And IMO, it's worth being in any collectors library. Very Happy

That being said, however, if you are only after loose variants and such, then it's probably passable. But, if you are interested in carded figures, then it is definitely worth the purchase.
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Thanks Chris......its for MOC so I guess I should get hold of a copy......if nothing else its not going to lose its value unless he publishes a revised addition....... he isnt is he lol!
Tony
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:59 pm

HothTony wrote:
Thanks Chris......its for MOC so I guess I should get hold of a copy......if nothing else its not going to lose its value unless he publishes a revised addition....... he isnt is he lol!
Tony

Actually, there has been a rumor floating around at the possibility of a 2nd edition. John hasn't said anything himself though, so I still won't believe until he says something. One website had a preorder up and it started all the talk. I've been checking his website every now and again, but there hasn't been anything. John had stated several times that he had no plans for another printing, but you never know.

I'll also vouch for the book. It is very in depth when it comes to carded items, but some of the other sections are quite good too. I found the mailers chapter a great resource when I was tracking those down as it lists the mailing label numbers to look out for with each one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Thanks Shawn and I was only joking when I said that lol!

Just out of interest does it include a section on vehicles/creatures as well ?

Cheers
Tony
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 1:05 pm

HothTony wrote:

Cheers
Tony

Laughing

I'll have to double check my book, but from what I remember the only vehicles/creatures included are the special offer versions that included figures. I believe John wanted the main focus to be on the figures themselves.
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 1:06 pm

Ok thanks......I have only ever seen a couple of pics on ebay so had no idea on how many pages, content etc.

Tony
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi Tony,

I bought the book when it first came out since then it has been worth every penny. As it happens I was just looking something up last night.

IMO it is a bargin at that price ... And if you want a copy as a collectors piece in it own right remember that regardless of how many reprints and corrections John may do, it will still be his 1st edtion.

For me... it is my guidebook so mine is well used... the work inside is so worth reading not to mention the photos!
Back to top Go down
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:45 pm

My main focus is loose figures but it was 1 of the first items i ever bought, Just to read it is worth 10x the £60 it fetches now and will only ever go up in value if John were to release a 2nd edition.

Id say for a MOC collector it has to be close to a bible
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pro-Tech-Models
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:52 pm

Thanks guys for all the comments....ok you sold it too me I am on the case as I need some good holiday reading Very Happy

Tony
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:00 pm

HothTony wrote:
Thanks guys for all the comments....ok you sold it too me I am on the case as I need some good holiday reading Very Happy

Tony

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:32 pm

shawn_k wrote:
HothTony wrote:

Cheers
Tony

Laughing

I'll have to double check my book, but from what I remember the only vehicles/creatures included are the special offer versions that included figures. I believe John wanted the main focus to be on the figures themselves.

Yea, I think it only has the special offer vehicles in there.

Like Shawn said, John wanted the book to focus on the vintage figures, so that's why there isn't much on vehicles etc. However, those Special Offer vehicles are insanely rare, so it's a treat to see them all in one place. Very Happy

Like others have said, it's a great resource no matter what. Just like Craig, I just looked at mine the other night.
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Well there are a couple on UK Ebay and I have made an offer so will see what happens....watch this space Very Happy
Back to top Go down
obiwankenobinil
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
obiwankenobinil

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:55 pm

The book is priceless in so many ways a true bible.

Just for the record regarding a second edition, I have had some recent email contact with John Kellerman regarding his matrix and he told me that he is'has reworked the matrix to bring it bang upto date and it would be published on RS in the near future. I would expect the natural progression to be a reprint with an updated matrix. Of course I could be wrong Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
vaderhalen
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:05 am

must have great refrence for any collector
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:17 am

vaderhalen wrote:
must have great refrence for any collector

Indeed! And for those who haven't heard, the 2nd edition has been confirmed by John with a tentative release date in November. Don't miss out on it this time.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:01 pm

Dear secret Santa, I want this book. lol! Glad its coming out in November, nice birthday present for myself. Plus with all the extras pages with Tri-logos, Droids, and Ewoks being included along with whatever else John said, its going to be THE book for any collector. I'll definetly be getting one.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
vaderhalen
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 12:24 am

thanks for the info on the second one cant wait to get it
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 12:51 am

You can pre-pay at CV.... I will buy it tomorrow!!!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:08 am

Here's a couple of new items that will be shown in the new book that stuck out Chris and I. Smile

re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book 90171D04-4F3B-4075-8D90-4ECD0634E411iphone_photo

re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book DC06B720-6127-49DA-A7DB-A41E7D9C3CDDiphone_photo
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:41 am

No idea why these items stood out to you 2!

Can't wait for this. cheers
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:55 am

Tank1252 wrote:
No idea why these items stood out to you 2!

Can't wait for this. cheers

And that was just two items! Very Happy

They had a whole booth displaying the sample pages for the 2nd edition! It was crazy!

I know Shawn and I pre-ordered our copy. It's definitely going to be a must have! They said they are going to go a little more into variants and into tri's as well. So if you missed this book the first time, this is definitely the one to pick up. And I hear quantities are already going to be limited.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:48 am

Now that I have computer access I can tweak the photo a bit. Smile

Here's more of the page with the commando and an unproduced version of the alternate vader card.

re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book Keller10
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:52 am

WOW Shocked
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:55 am

A couple more. Smile

re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book Keller11

re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book Keller13
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book   re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

re Kellermans Star Wars Vintage action figures Book

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next