The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition Empty
PostSubject: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:23 pm

Hi guys
Apologies if I have missed a thread on this recently but wondered if anyone had anything more from Frontback books as I cant seem to get any replies from them.
Apparently someone has agreed to distribute it in the UK but no idea who or when ??

Cheers
Tony
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:34 pm

I believe this was the last email I received from them on Dec. 24th.

Quote :
Thank you for signing up for the Frontback Books newsletter for Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition.

The book is currently in the proofing phase and the release has been delayed to allow for the addition of significant quantities of never before seen items. While the timeline is still an estimate, we expect to approve a final proof in January.

If this estimate proves to be accurate, the book should ship back from overseas in the first part of March. This would put the book in Atlanta, ready to be shipped, around the end of April.

We will begin accepting pre-orders over our website as soon as the final draft is approved. Many last minute additions have been made and the book has expanded to approximately 400 pages.

Pre-orders handed in at Celebration 5

Discounted pre-orders placed at Celebration 5 have not been billed and will not be charged to the credit card provided until the final proof has been approved.

An email will be sent out prior to that time to notify everyone. If you would like to cancel an existing pre-order, simply email that request to sales@frontbackbooks.com.

Pre-orders will be the first to ship once our primary shipment has arrived in Atlanta from overseas.

Please contact us via email with any questions, concerns, or cancellations. We will be happy to help.

Thank you for your interest and your patience.

Sincerely,

Frontback Books
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:05 pm

HothTony wrote:
Hi guys
Apologies if I have missed a thread on this recently but wondered if anyone had anything more from Frontback books as I cant seem to get any replies from them.
Apparently someone has agreed to distribute it in the UK but no idea who or when ??

Cheers
Tony

Crap Tony! I totally forgot to respond to you on this. Sad Sorry mate.

But what Shawn posted above it the most recent info that anyone has... I think. I'll ask around and see if I can get anything more, but I'm guessing by June we'll have it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:35 pm

Thanks Shawn and no worries Chris.
I was worried I might miss out on the UK stock as I am no doubt its going to be a popular book and may even be sold out ??
Cheers
Tony
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:51 pm

I think you're good mate. There's enough eyeballs out that I'm sure you'll catch the announcement. Smile

I am encouraged by the fact that every time an email comes out though, the book keeps getting bigger. Smile
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:53 pm

RebelChris wrote:
I think you're good mate. There's enough eyeballs out that I'm sure you'll catch the announcement. Smile

I am encouraged by the fact that every time an email comes out though, the book keeps getting bigger. Smile

I'll agree with Chris. I'm sure one of us will post when we find out about them shipping. Both of us have been pretty excited about this book ever since we saw the booth at CV. Very Happy If they're doing a run similar to last time, it took a couple years to go through the stock. I was the procrastinator last time and waited until John said that the stock was low before I ordered. After seeing the book first hand, I regretted not getting it sooner, so I didn't make the same mistake this time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:23 pm

I've just checked out the main home page for this 2nd Edition of John Kellerman's tome at :

http://www.frontbackbooks.com/star-wars-vintage-action-figures-2nd-edition.html

will there be a bulk purchase amongst TIG forum members to qualify for a discount? Wink I'm in Smile
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:51 am

Hi Guys
Just received this update from Tom at Frontback:

"The book has not yet been completed. I haven't been able to set aside the necessary amount of time to complete the project in the last month. However, it should be completed in the near future and I will certainly make sure to email you when I have more information. I appreciate your patience."

Thanks
Tony
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:06 am

I pre-ordered a couple from Barnes & Noble at least 6 months ago. I've since found out they are unlikely to ever stock it Mad I'm not impressed that they took a pre-order for something that has NOT been completed yet :scratch:
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 7:06 pm

I don't think online retailers were supposed to take pre orders so soon. I filled out a pre order at CV and was told THEN that it should be in production around Sept.

Last I heard was the same email as posted previously, about the book still being in the proof process. Maybe this is incorrect, but I heard the NEW date is May.

I really want this book. The only good thing about all the delays, at least for me, is more credit card payments before the book charge is applied to my card!
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:40 pm

Well, here we are, well over a year since the last post. STILL no new information about this book. I put it out of my mind, then something reminds me about it, and I start to get sort of mad that we are still waiting.

I don't care if there are delays, or if they want to add new content, but PLEASE just keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
LukeJedi
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Found my order form from C5 for this book while doing some spring cleaning.....guess its dead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lukejedi.info
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 12:07 am

Ive heard the 2nd edition has been renamed to 'the never ending story', actually i have heard news a few months ago that the book is still going ahead, ive tried to contact John through RS to no avail, also tried contacting FB books, no luck their either.
Its as mysterious as the Malaysia plane that just went missing, who knows whats going on, ive been waiting for years.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 9:22 am

HOLY CRAP!!! You guys are still waiting for this book????!!! I remember guys bitching about it being late when I first joined RS and that was back in 2009 I think. I just figured it came out somewhere along the way and I didn't hear about it since I follow nothing SW related these days. Sucks for anyone who preordered.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 9:29 am

Such a shame, the first book is like a collectors bible.

http://www.frontbackbooks.com/home

Back to top Go down
lfantelo
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:11 am

¿¿¿¿ In the near future??? No 
Back to top Go down
LukeJedi
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:32 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
HOLY CRAP!!! You guys are still waiting for this book????!!! I remember guys bitching about it being late when I first joined RS and that was back in 2009 I think.

I think you are referring to The Saga Museum book, that has been since 2008. The 2nd edition wasn't announced until around C5 in 2010. Both are 'vaporware' at this point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lukejedi.info
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition   re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

re New Star Wars Vintage Action Figures 2nd Edition

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1