The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Hey BFLV nice Fett but did you know the grades as if the bubble is yellow then most of the time it happened before grading and will get a 'Y' in front of the NM+ part?
Back to top Go down
BFLV
New User
New User
BFLV

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:22 pm

i have a NM+ indication
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:37 pm

No 'Y'? Then yeah guess the guy should have told you. I have a POTF Scout 85 and no 'Y' but was told of the very slight yellowing and expected with alot of the POTF cardbacks.
Back to top Go down
BFLV
New User
New User
BFLV

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:40 pm

No Y No
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:45 pm

Well if it makes ya feel any better I've seen worse dude, it doesn't look too bad from the pics.
Back to top Go down
Christian
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Christian

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 5:43 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
I am so happy to have this little piece of Star Wars history in my collection now....

It came with DT Luke, Chewie (with the green bowcaster), Leia, and R2-D2 (with a dark blue dome). Also included were a sealed baggie for the pegs, and three opened SW-A baggies (white horizontal text 'Made in Hong Kong', tape sealed, crispy). I am not sure whether these baggies are authentic for all the figures in the Early Bird mail away, but it doesn't matter too much as they are opened anyway.
I think for the Early Bird mailer, Chewie was packed in a SW-A baggie, and Leia and R2 were packed in SW-D baggies (black horizontal 'Made in Hong Kong', heat sealed, soft plastic). I don't know about the DT Luke. Anyone got some more info about this? Del?

Hi Dr Dengar,

Very nice EB set - congrats on the aquisition.

Regarding the opened baggies I suspect that they are all original to your set as it is certainly not unknown for all figures to be packed in SW-A baggies. The Luke DT will almost in every case come in a SW-A baggie unless it is the horrifically rare heat sealed version (SW-C). Chewie in SW-A is common, Leia and R2 are much harder to find and are usually in SW-B or D bags (Leia can also be found in SW-C - toughie).

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Christian
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwacrylic.co.uk
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:29 am

Some great acquisitions again guys.

Marco, love the EB set. Now for the envelope?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:24 pm

Christian wrote:

Hi Dr Dengar,

Very nice EB set - congrats on the aquisition.

Regarding the opened baggies I suspect that they are all original to your set as it is certainly not unknown for all figures to be packed in SW-A baggies. The Luke DT will almost in every case come in a SW-A baggie unless it is the horrifically rare heat sealed version (SW-C). Chewie in SW-A is common, Leia and R2 are much harder to find and are usually in SW-B or D bags (Leia can also be found in SW-C - toughie).

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Christian

Hi Christian, that was of great help. Nice avatar!!

Artoo_Detour wrote:

Marco - Superb Mail Away items!! The DT Luke is very nice as is the dark blue R2 - yes you can just see the colour differences on your pics but I bet it looks geat in real life! Does Leia have the black blaster or dark blue variant? That sure is a very nice piece of SW history - BIG congrats Cool

Thanks Paul, Leia has the black V2 blaster.

Capetown wrote:
Some great acquisitions again guys.

Marco, love the EB set. Now for the envelope?
The envelope is here too, so time for some IKEA glass cabinets to display them together.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 6:09 pm

Today was another good day for vintage.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 Img_1282

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 Img_1283

I also got 18 of 24 ESB McQuarrie printsalong with it. The lunch box is in mint condition, no rust anywhere. The Die cast Slave-One, 2 display stands complete, Vader ESB case with all straps, Taun Taun, Wampa, figures, Landspeeder, ESB catalog, and weapons will be up for sale after Christmas along with a few more items.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 6:18 pm

yummm deka bowl! vader costume! lunchbox! book&tapes!
we need to talk Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:21 pm

Great stuff chris all this and it was just your birthday,BooYeah. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Wouter, mail coming. Very Happy

Dan, thats only part of the Birthday haul. I still got 34-5 items still on the way yet. cheers Like I said,(to quote Ice Cube), it was a good day.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Sweetttttttttt.
:drumroll: :drumroll: :drumroll:
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:36 pm

My R2 arrived this morning safe n sound, really chuffed. The cardback no doubt is at least a 90 but as usual the bubble is anything between an 80-85. But sweet piece none the less. Very Happy

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 Tri-R2
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:37 pm

I'm actually not that impressed as have just discovered that the pic of the one he was selling, which was suppose to be mine, isn't. His sticker is slighty to the left more and on my bottom right of the bubble I have a small ding and his doesn't!!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/antoni.emchowicz/TRIc9+r2pop.jpg
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:39 pm

I just want to add that I dont want to stir up trouble but I was under the impression that the one in the pic is the one I will receive as it's not stated otherwise and was meant to be a C9+

I've asked Toni about this matter and awaiting a reply.

-------

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/viewtopic.forum?t=2134
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3 - Page 40 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40