The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Teebo Hood/Hat Question?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Its_A_Trap
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

Teebo Hood/Hat Question? Empty
PostSubject: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Hope you guys can help me out on this one...

I have a carded Teebo figure (ROTJ, 77 back) that has a pretty glaring difference from most Teebo's I have seen. This one has a very light colored hood/hat. The other accessories are "normal" as far as coloring is concerned.

Now, I've seen a so-called "white hood" Teebo variation listed in the classifieds here as well as on eBay. This one seems to match that color since it's more like a bone color than actually white. Yet I've seen it listed as both "Ledy" and "tri-logo", and both I have seen have been from European sellers...

...but this one is definitely a US release, made in Taiwan figure :?: What I'm really thrown off by is that it has the "white" hat/hood but not matching accessories. Moreover, it doesn't seem to line up with the Lili and/or tri grouping since it's on a Kenner card.

Has anyone else come across this?

Any help is appreciated. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Its a little known variant that everyone a couple years ago thought it was deteriation. Even Tom Derby told me thats what it was when I asked. Then there was a bagged sample found last year that showed it was a variant to the normal tan hood. I've had copies on both US and Canadian cards, also a loose one that I got in a large lot. Heres the write up on SWCA on it.

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=78931
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:54 pm

I knew they also have been released on canadian ROTJ cards...but I have never seen one on a US card.
Would you please post a picture of that Teebo.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 9:02 pm

I would, but I sold it last year when I sold off my collection and no longer have the photos of it.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:55 am

In my opinion there are 2 kinds of white heads:

1. legit ones (released on some Tri cards and canadian ROTJ cards)
2. and faded ones

The faded ones look different to the legit ones! You have to hold them in hand to see the differences!

The one I got from a tri cutcard also has differences in paint apps in face! I have tons of different Teebos here...the white head ones are unique IMO!

For me this varaint does exist....altough there are faded ones that can look similar! Same storry one the orange Squidhead!

AND: an Us carded version is for sure a faded one IMO!

Wolff

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 5:07 pm

The two I had looked the same on card and it matched the loose one I had also. All three where like a bone white/cream color and the teeth were brown, just opposite of the normal ones (brown/tan hat with white teeth). And if they were faded, would it fade the same all around including inside the hat evenly? And why would the teeth on it turn brown and not white like the rest? Just curious on that.
Back to top Go down
Its_A_Trap
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 11:12 pm

Teebo Hood/Hat Question? Teebo23

Yeah, he's not faded though. The bubble has yellowed a little bit but the figure can be viewed clear as day and the head dress is just a different color. No part of the package or the figure/accessories exhibit any sign of deterioration.
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:53 pm

In my opinion that is not a real "white hood".
I am not sure...maybe it´s the yellow blister making the hood look darker, because usually the hood should be lighter.
Here´s a picture of my carded Trilogo Teebo taken from the TRI/POTF Ewok Combat Playpack.
Teebo Hood/Hat Question? 002
Back to top Go down
Its_A_Trap
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:28 pm

Wow, yeah, mine is definately not the "white" one. But the one I have MOC *does* match the Kenner bagged one seen a few posts up (see the link). Notice that the description there doesn't describe it as white, per se, but it does point out that it is much lighter.

So I guess there are two "light" variants out there: the true "white" hood, found on TRI cards, as well as this one found on US cards/bags?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Its_A_Trap, that looks just like the one I had and sold. It does look lighter when its in hand compared to a photo.
Back to top Go down
Its_A_Trap
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:02 pm

Just a quick update on this one...I took a gamble since this figure had significant water damage to the back and no POP (razored out) so I popped it open. Not only is the hood identical to the bagged sample but the figure is No COO, despite the "Made in Taiwan" on the card Shocked

Yeah, I know that the card COO doesn't really mean much - just look at tri-logo figures. LOL. But I did expect a standard Taiwan COO on the leg, since it is a very standard-looking Kenner US card, and it definitely wasn't there.

I also have a true "white hood" Teebo on the way (MOC) so it will be neat to see them side-by-side!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:33 am

Im with Mirco:

the ROTJ is a faded one! Not a "real" white hood!

Thanks for that pic mirco....it seems mine has different nose color....I thought this would be unique to trilogo....but as always: this Tri is different.... :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Its_A_Trap
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:07 am

wbobafett wrote:
Im with Mirco:

Thanks for that pic mirco....it seems mine has different nose color....I thought this would be unique to trilogo....but as always: this Tri is different.... :scratch:

wbobafett,

Several times stated now that we know the ROTJ one is not the "white hood", rather the same one that came in the Kenner bagged sample featured in the link near the start of this thread. That's why I said in the last post that when the tri-logo carded one arrives, it will be interesting to see the white hood (which is on a TRI card, by the way) and the lighter bone-colored on that I already have (and that Chris_J has owned).

I will get a comparsion shot up when the carded one arrives Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:22 am

Its_A_Trap wrote:
wbobafett wrote:
Im with Mirco:

wbobafett,

Several times stated now that we know the ROTJ one is not the "white hood", rather the same one that came in the Kenner bagged sample featured in the link near the start of this thread. That's why I said in the last post that when the tri-logo carded one arrives, it will be interesting to see the white hood (which is on a TRI card, by the way) and the lighter bone-colored on that I already have (and that Chris_J has owned).

It will be great to see the comparision shots Ross Smile

If possible would you be able to do pics of both to put on www.imperialgunnery.com as well?

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
Its_A_Trap
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Absolutely Jay. I'll be back from vacation next week and will gets some pics snapped up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:11 am

Its_A_Trap wrote:
wbobafett wrote:
Im with Mirco:

wbobafett,

I was mainly responding to Mirco (saying: yes you are correct) and chris (who still seems to believe in its white headed ROTJ as the true white hat...or did I get sth wrong?)....so no need to be rude!

Back to top Go down
Its_A_Trap
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:46 am

wbobafett wrote:

I was mainly responding to Mirco (saying: yes you are correct) and chris (who still seems to believe in its white headed ROTJ as the true white hat...or did I get sth wrong?)....so no need to be rude!

Hi wbobafett,

Did not think I was being rude but I am sorry if it came off that way.

New figure/packaging variants and combinations are being turned up all the time so there's no reason to jump the gun until some pictures are taken and comparisons made. Unfortunately I'm leaving for a six-day vacation tomorrow and won't be able to take the photos until I return...

Jay, did you want the pictures in any particular format?

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:38 pm

No Wolff, I dont believe that it was a true white headdress, just stated that it looked white when it was in hand. The US one I had was a yellow bubble, so it could've been what you said, but held up to the Canadian one (which was a clearer bubble/slight yellow tint)it looked the same. Thats all I'm saying, bud. Its good to learn these things so you dont get burned on fake shit. Now the loose one I had was white compared to the others. The picture is still up on RS of that one.
Back to top Go down
Its_A_Trap
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Teebo Hood/Hat Question? Teebo-10

Took this group shot of the three Teebo's I have. The one in question is the one to the far right. I know the photo is not top quality but it's about the best I can do with my current set-up.

Teebo Hood/Hat Question? Teebo-11

And this is the white hood Teebo I have on a tri-logo card compared to the loose one in question. As far as I can tell, they are identical.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:59 pm

Ross it looks great to me, are there any distinguishing features on the horn/strap thingy?
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1043961/

Last edited by aussiejames on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Its_A_Trap
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 11:06 am

aussiejames wrote:
Ross it looks great to me, are there any distinguishing features on the horn/strap thingy?

Hey James,

There are no molding differences that I can detect but the color of the axe/strap accessories are definitely lighter than that of my Taiwan and no COO variants. The figure itself is slightly lighter in color as well. The MOC and loose figures match up very closely. I wish I had a "regular" tri-logo carded Teebo to compare. Hmm, sounds like another item I need to pick up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:46 am

Teebo Hood/Hat Question? SDC128381
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 1:37 pm

I believe I have found one of the White Hood Teebo figures - it hasn't arrived yet but I will post pics when I have him in hand  What a Face 

I was wondering how uncommon this variant is and how much they are generally worth  :scratch: 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 2:59 pm

Isn't the white hood Teebo just due to fading/discoloration?

Without fetching my Teebo's out of storage aren't the hoods made from a softer, therefore different compound?

This would explain why only the hood has faded and not the axe & horn.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 3:36 pm

I'm not sure but , after reading the entire thread , it appears that Wolff and a couple other guys believe that a real variant exists as well as discolored versions too  :scratch: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teebo Hood/Hat Question?   Teebo Hood/Hat Question? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teebo Hood/Hat Question?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next