The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Obidan
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 2:07 pm

I have a small collection of catalogs, posters and paper work including the star wars painting competition paper work from 1984, there are some great pieces of paperwork history out there
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 2:11 pm

Those ads are awesome Michael, apart from the mini catalogues and the SW is Forever poster I haven't seen many
ads/paperwork with 8D8 on them.

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 DSC02475

What a pose! LOL

This thread combined with Craigs showing in the latest buys thread really has me thinking about looking out for
some 8D8 ads!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 2:51 pm

I also like how some of these ads show a MOC figure. You don't see that in too many ads.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:50 am

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 SDC11703
another aussie addressed instruction. (big thanks to Paul for tracking one down for me Smile ) This obviously came with the Toltoys Imperial attack base. The speeder bike instructions is still an unknown as to why it exists, it doesn't make sense because as far as I know speeder bikes were not packaged here so why aussie instructions were printed ??
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:21 pm

Time for an update to this thread. Here are the adverts from French comic PIF Gadget issue 595 Empire Strikes Back special.

Thanks to Stéphane's book Meccano to Trilogo for aiding my research into this.

Front cover - issue was released same month as the French film release Empire Strikes Back (Aug 1980):
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Pif_0013

Advertisement (also featured in earlier issues of PIF):
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Pif_0014

Cover sheet for the four-page picture story of the movie and interviews with cast members which included the massive spoiler that Vader was Luke's father - oh no! lol
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Pif_0015

Another toy advertisement featuring the Christmas toys and also showcasing the 'new Boba Fett':
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Pif_0110

Finally (interestingly Stéphane's book didn't feature this one) a small advertisement on page 12 inviting readers to apply at their local toy store for a sticker and application form to win SW toys:
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Pif_0111

This was most enjoyable researching Stéphane's book and then finally acquiring a copy of PIF issue 595.
Hope you enjoy the share Smile
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Cool magazine with cool contents! Congrat!

Do you have any access to PIF gadget mags in France? I'm still looking for the nr. 759 with the cool poster inside.

If you need a list with other French comics to buy drop me a pm and I'll send you a short list.

Uli Smile
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Idefix13 wrote:
Cool magazine with cool contents! Congrat!

Do you have any access to PIF gadget mags in France? I'm still looking for the nr. 759 with the cool poster inside.

If you need a list with other French comics to buy drop me a pm and I'll send you a short list.

Uli Smile

Thanks Uli, I've already bookmarked issue 759 with poster for myself to hunt down but now I will be on the lookout for a second copy for you Smile

Thanks also for the short list offer - I'll PM you later with those I already know of.

Paul Cool
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:27 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Those ads are awesome Michael, apart from the mini catalogues and the SW is Forever poster I haven't seen many
ads/paperwork with 8D8 on them.

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 DSC02475

What a pose! LOL

This thread combined with Craigs showing in the latest buys thread really has me thinking about looking out for
some 8D8 ads!

That 8D8 Pose is awesome! Kick fully streched out class!

Paul some sweet items there that ESB Micromecanno looks awesome whats its size?

Jay
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:38 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:

Paul some sweet items there that ESB Micromecanno looks awesome whats its size?

Jay

Cheers Jay, the size is a quarter page of A4. I agree it's well awesome.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 7:04 pm

Some more vintage Star Wars ads from Pif Gadget I recently acquired:

issue 474

(looks like Han has stolen the keys to the X-Wing!)

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Pif47410

issue 479

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Variou12

Best of the bunch though...

Pif Poche issue 218

As featured in Stéphane's Meccano to Trilogo book - one of the rare adverts that actually showed vintage toy packaging and to quote Stéphane: "Secondly, it's the only known vintage document that proves the existence of Meccano carded ROTJ Luke, Leia and Tusken raider."

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Pifpoc10

Have to say I'm really pleased to own a copy now - and lucky also because this copy has not been completed - essentially it is a pocket puzzle book to write in etc. It's in great condition.

More Pif to come soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:16 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:

Best of the bunch though...

Pif Poche issue 218

As featured in Stéphane's Meccano to Trilogo book - one of the rare adverts that actually showed vintage toy packaging and to quote Stéphane: "Secondly, it's the only known vintage document that proves the existence of Meccano carded ROTJ Luke, Leia and Tusken raider."

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Pifpoc10

Have to say I'm really pleased to own a copy now - and lucky also because this copy has not been completed - essentially it is a pocket puzzle book to write in etc. It's in great condition.

More Pif to come soon Smile

That is awesome Paul i love it! 1000% the best of the bunch! Great to see those Meccano MOCS!

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:01 pm

Some more Pif ads I picked up this week,

issue 590 Sweepstakes ad:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Pifgad10

issue 558 D2-R2 radio control, nice display of the vintage box in bottom right of pic -

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Pifgad11
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi guys
I can remember that there where always Star Wars toys ads in the mags 1984. So look out for them :-)
They look like this
http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?minyr=1970&maxyr=1979&TID=183171
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 7:11 pm

Here is a German Advert that i picked up off Uli a while back Smile

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 German11
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:39 pm

seeing the miro/meccano ads made me look for my paperwork.. i knew i had some and found these gems, so far.. more to follow!

i'll try to translate some of the lines they used.. these are hilarious!
you gotta love the french way of changing the names too! Smile

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Meccano1
Will Luc be able to escape the Imperial Soldier? To be continued...
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:42 pm

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Meccano2
Z6PO and D2R2 set free the beautiful Prinsess Leïa. But Dark Vador, the demon, is not far... to be continued
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:46 pm

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Meccano3

Ben Kenobi discovers the betrayal of Lando who is saved by his partners... Boba Fett and IG88.

huh what? Smile
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:52 pm

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Meccano4

Suddenly, Luc, Chiquetaba, Yan Solo, D2R2, all reunited for the decisive battle...

disclaimer for once and all: french REALLY isn't my best "other language".. i'm sure there are better ways of really getting the sheer poetic beauty of these lines, but at least you get the gist of it this way Wink
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:59 pm

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Meccano5

this makes sense!

what i'm getting is:
It's hell in the skies of Centaure. Luc does not doubt what the fuck? Paul! Need your help here Smile
In fact, why don't you translate properly from now on? Smile
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:18 am

Ha ha ha ha i just love the second last one. what's up withe the gay dance ? It remind me of the scene from the police academy movie where the Lt. Harris two side kick cadets comes into this gay bar caled The Blue Oyster Bar and these Leather biker gays dance tango with them :-) He he he he

And what is up with Han on top of that Stormtropper? And the the drunk break dancing Stormtroopers ind the back .
Not to mention the contortionist rebel soldier with Lando.

Most of the old school cormaercial dioramas where made by people who had no idea what the story line where i Star Wars
But this is the most fuck up comercial i have ever seen.

I love i, thanks for sharing Hyver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTJMerul33E
And
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rURf_oYp4eE
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 6:09 am

Hyver wrote:

this makes sense!

what i'm getting is:
It's hell in the skies of Centaure. Luc does not doubt what the fuck? Paul! Need your help here Smile
In fact, why don't you translate properly from now on? Smile

Luc doesn't doubt ... thousands of light years?
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 7:35 am

lol, awesome ads Wouter Smile And good translations guys, the last one reads...

It's hell in the sky of Centaure. Luke is not aware that thousands of light years away...

the reason these make little sense is because they are serialised, so the sentence will continue on the next ad, there are 25 to collect! Wouter, did you get these from PIF magazine? These are on my hunt list too Smile

I would have loved to have been part of the ad team that made up these scenes - what great fun! lol!

I'm working on a blog atm all about French toy adds - mainly non SW but with a few SW ads included - even with lines like Big Jim and Playmobil the French advertisers seemed to have complete creative freedom how they displayed the toy ads - I'll post links when I've done sme more work.

ps Jay - that's a great German ad and looks cool framed!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:17 am

Hyver wrote:
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 Meccano4

Suddenly, Luc, Chiquetaba, Yan Solo, D2R2, all reunited for the decisive battle...

disclaimer for once and all: french REALLY isn't my best "other language".. i'm sure there are better ways of really getting the sheer poetic beauty of these lines, but at least you get the gist of it this way Wink

Looks like me and my mates at the end of night of clubbing and drinking lol class!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:41 am

Top left - Lando is about to get stabbed by a gun that the hoth soldier is wielding above him whilst he is sitting on his plastic front bottom lol not sure who I feel more sorry for! The Soldier and his gymnastic legs or Lando and his impending death by gun ! lol
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:33 am

jaymassive619 wrote:
Hyver wrote:

Looks like me and my mates at the end of night of clubbing and drinking lol class!

I just notice that Hans got all sexual predator in the top right hand corner as well! LOL

Guys where do you source pick up this things i have looked on ebay but can never seem to find any :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next