The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Small PayPal Rant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Small PayPal Rant Empty
PostSubject: Small PayPal Rant   Small PayPal Rant I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am

So... I just sold my Revenge Leia proof. The buyer paid in full, plus full shipping. However, when I got the final payment from PayPal, it was $9 under what the total cost was for the buyer! I know, it's the fees involved, but that's just wrong IMO. Not only does it short change the seller, but it also rips off the buyer.

He paid in full for the price I quoted him. However, now I'm out 90% of the shipping cost. I don't feel right in going back to him and saying "hey man, you need to cover an additional $9 for shipping because PayPal took out it's fees". That's just bad form IMO.

I guess that's why so many people are asking for the gift purchase now. Mad
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

Small PayPal Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Small PayPal Rant   Small PayPal Rant I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:45 am

Yep, paypal sucks, which is why i now ask for gift payments.
You then know exactly what your getting, and as long as the buyer knows up front you want it as a gift then i don't see a problem in it.

If the buyer has the funds in their paypal account and sends it as a gift there are no fees for either party.
But then if its someone you don't know its a bit risky as you have no comeback if they don't send the item.

Btw Chris did you get my 2nd pm with the RC pic?

Del
Back to top Go down

Small PayPal Rant

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1