The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looking For Information On Electronic Laser Pistol Variations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KYThrill
New User
New User

Looking For Information On Electronic Laser Pistol Variations Empty
PostSubject: Looking For Information On Electronic Laser Pistol Variations   Looking For Information On Electronic Laser Pistol Variations I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2023 11:09 pm

Does anyone have a source for information on variations of the vintage electronic Han Solo Laser Pistol.

I know it had a version released for Star Wars, ESB, and ROTJ. Some obvious cosmetics changed like going from black knobs to grey knobs between Star Wars and ESB versions. The ROTJ version introduced the red trigger. Those are th easy variations.

But I am looking for any information that is even more detailed than that.

For example, I have my childhood Laser Pistol, which is the Star Wars version with the black knobs. One mine, I have two screws in the scope, where other versions I see have one screw. Then mine also has all the screws on the battery cover side of the blaster. Then I found another Star Wars version that has two scope screws, but all the screws on the side opposite the battery cover. The one scope screw versions I am seeing have the screws on the side opposite the battery cover.

So I thought they must have changed screw sides or something mid production? And then the number of screws?

But then I noticed that on nearly all ESB versions, I see the screws on the opposite side of the battery cover. But then in an episode of Toy Polio, he works on an ESB version, with one screw in the scope, but with all the screws on the battery cover side! So its like years later, they flipped back to the other side at some point of production?

Then I got thinking that maybe they were made multiple places in the world and different locations made them with screws on different sides, and with different numbers of screws? If so, which places were they made for each release.

I couldn't find any information about these variations on Imperial Gunnery. Does anyone out there know anything?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Looking For Information On Electronic Laser Pistol Variations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1