The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hanssolo
New User
New User

Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 7:30 am

Hi Vintage Fans  Very Happy

You might have heard about Hasbro's Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2018/2019 that included the Figures Han Solo, Leia Organa, Luke Skywalker Chewbacca, Stormtrooper, Darth Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin.

Here are some pictures:
https://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/2019_International_Toy_Fair_Hasbros_Retro_Collection_Photo_Gallery_183146.asp

From the card I could find that the production year is 2018.

However, I was wondering how you can distinguish these Figures from the original vintage figures of the 70ties.

The new figures should have a slightly different mold.  unsure

Also what COO and what year do they have on their back?  unsure

Does anyone of you already have these Figures and could send some pictures of the backside of the Figures?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best wishes
Alex
Back to top Go down
comicalUser
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
comicalUser

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 4:54 pm

None of these have been released yet. They release May 12th of this year.

They are supposedly a little larger than the originals. The accessories/blasters actually look a bit different, especially from what has been seen of the Leia pistol so far.

Word is the initial 6 are a Target exclusive. They've already sold out of internet pre-orders, they may make it available again, however. https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=star+wars+retro+kenner

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 7:25 pm

Please remember vintage figures have slightly different moulds ( mould families between factories) The retro figures are "new sculpts and just a bit bigger" "especially from what has been seen of the Leia pistol so far." some of what has been seen are 'pre production' so do not get too strung up. But chances are since the 'pre production' items are 'different' the production items will be easy to distinguish. Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 Retrol10
Back to top Go down
hanssolo
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 4:50 am

comicalUser wrote:
None of these have been released yet. They release May 12th of this year.

They are supposedly a little larger than the originals. The accessories/blasters actually look a bit different, especially from what has been seen of the Leia pistol so far.

Word is the initial 6 are a Target exclusive. They've already sold out of internet pre-orders, they may make it available again, however. https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=star+wars+retro+kenner

Thanks a lot comicalUser! I knew that the first 6 are a target exclusive. I didn't know about lthe size though. Very interesting! Thanks a lot for the fast response and info!
Back to top Go down
hanssolo
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 4:54 am

aussiejames wrote:
Please remember vintage figures have slightly different moulds ( mould families between factories) The retro figures are "new sculpts and just a bit bigger"    "especially from what has been seen of the Leia pistol so far." some of what has been seen are 'pre production' so do not get too strung up.  But chances are since the 'pre production' items are 'different' the production items will be easy to distinguish.

Thanks a lot aussiejames! Fantastic information! A screen shot is exactly what I was looking for!  cheers Where do you get this info on the web?? thinking

It's good to know that the mould is different. Hence, not worth for me to collect lol!
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 11:31 am

Don't forget, this isn't the first time Hasbro has released retro style Star Wars figures... remember these guys from 1995?

Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 46271401965_5341f45059_c

Personally I'd be more concerned, in few years time, about THESE being passed off as original.

Mind you that Han Solo does look pretty cool:

Back to top Go down
hanssolo
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 10:57 am

Thundershot wrote:
Don't forget, this isn't the first time Hasbro has released retro style Star Wars figures... remember these guys from 1995?

Personally I'd be more concerned, in few years time, about THESE being passed off as original.

Mind you that Han Solo does look pretty cool:

You are right Thundershot! I remember these guys from 1995.

Btw, what COO and year do they have on their back?? unsure affraid

Sorry for these stupid basic questions...Rolling Eyes

Yes! Han Solo looks damn pretty cool in his Stormie outfit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hanssolo
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 11:15 am

Well I found a nice site on the POTF2 1995 Classic Edition 4-Pack:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&rop=showcontent&id=1995/#gallery

They used original vintage figures to make new molds for the 95 figures. That's why the 1995 figures are actually slightly smaller than original figures.

See also the discussion on the topic Han Solo COO coo removed
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t9333-han-solo-star-wars-coo-removed?highlight=star+war+hasbro+1995#160409
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi,
Yes they're easy to spot as being re-sculpts & are clearly date stamped 1995, Chewbacca's feet are different to the original too, they're flat on the bottom with a ridge/seam running around the edge.

It'll be interesting to see if these new vintage line figures use the 1990's moulds or are completely new toolings.

Speaking of retro style figures, I am a big fan of this one:
Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 35521742145_49de586540_c
Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 35391093921_96738b961c_c

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 7:31 pm

Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 Retro_11

Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 Retroi10

Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 Retroi11
Back to top Go down
TauntaunScout
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
TauntaunScout

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 10:57 am

Did anyone ever get ahold of any of these? I kept checking two Targets and never saw a single one.
Back to top Go down
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 1:22 pm

TauntaunScout wrote:
Did anyone ever get ahold of any of these? I kept checking two Targets and never saw a single one.

I haven't found any myself but that's because i live in a country where there are no targets Laughing If you want them you have to try your luck on target.com or be patient as they will be released through other retailers this fall.

official Hasbro press release:

Inspired by STAR WARS ‘70s-style action figures, the STAR WARS RETRO COLLECTION 3.75-inch-scale figures feature Kenner-style figure design and detailing, and make a great addition to any nostalgic fan’s STAR WARS collection. Imagine the excitement of the ‘70s when the STAR WARS original trilogy had just begun, and Kenner began releasing classic STAR WARS figures for avid fans of the space saga. With figures inspired by the original sculpt and design of the ‘70s, the STAR WARS RETRO COLLECTION lets fans and collectors continue their collection from a galaxy far, far away! Characters in this assortment include LUKE SKYWALKER, DARTH VADER, PRINCESS LEIA, CHEWBACCA, HAN SOLO, and STORMTROOPER. Each sold separately. Available exclusively at Target and Target.com on 5/12/2019 and at most fan channel retailers nationwide in Fall 2019.
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 12:00 pm

I got 2 sets. One for carded display, and one to open. Once you have them in hand, it's pretty easy to tell they are not original. As shown in the photo above, they all have the COO molded, but the production date code and the Hasbro "Part Number" are stamp printed.

As for the weapons, they are all solid black. Leia's blaster has a bit of new detail. All of them have just a bit of a rubbery "flex". You can take the barrel of a gun and bend it slightly, without showing any stress marks or breaking.

Han is a complete pain to have hold the blaster. His thumb is molded too short, and does not wrap around the grip enough to have it stay in his hand.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 4:31 pm

Sadly neither target that I am close to ever got any of these so I didn't get them. I also haven't seen the tarkin from the game set either. apparently someone is either buying them all up or the targets close to me just didn't get many (if any) as I never saw a peg for them even.
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 11:29 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Sadly neither target that I am close to ever got any of these so I didn't get them.  I also haven't seen the tarkin from the game set either. apparently someone is either buying them all up or the targets close to me just didn't get many (if any) as I never saw a peg for them even.

I don't know if anyone told you, but when these were in store, they were never in the toy department. These were bought in as a "Father's Day Promotional item" and the only place in the store they had a dedicated space was one of the pop up displays in the men's clothing department.

For some reason, when these were purchased by Target, they were indeed given a "Toy" DPCI number, but they never gave them a location in toys after the Father's Day promo. So they were clearanced out and reduced by 70 or 80%. Some people were getting these for $2.49
Back to top Go down
comicalUser
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
comicalUser

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 4:34 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Sadly neither target that I am close to ever got any of these so I didn't get them.  I also haven't seen the tarkin from the game set either. apparently someone is either buying them all up or the targets close to me just didn't get many (if any) as I never saw a peg for them even.

Tarkin is exclusive to the board game only and thus far will not be available on card by itself.

Check the board game section. That is where I found it. Others have reported it being there as well. Interestlingly, my Target just moved them to the Star Wars aisle, however.

Not all Targets were the same. Not all of them had the main first 6 Retro figures in the Father's Day section. Some people reported that some Targets did have pegs in the toy department. Mine never had a peg in either section, just the trash compactor 6" Luke and 3.75" Han Stormtrooper (of which I lucked out on and got for $3 each as they were clearanced! Very Happy ).
Back to top Go down
TauntaunScout
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
TauntaunScout

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 9:33 am

comicalUser wrote:
trappedtexan wrote:

Tarkin is exclusive to the board game only and thus far will not be available on card by itself.

Check the board game section. That is where I found it. Others have reported it being there as well. Interestlingly, my Target just moved them to the Star Wars aisle, however.

Not all Targets were the same. Not all of them had the main first 6 Retro figures in the Father's Day section. Some people reported that some Targets did have pegs in the toy department. Mine never had a peg in either section, just the trash compactor 6" Luke and 3.75" Han Stormtrooper (of which I lucked out on and got for $3 each as they were clearanced! Very Happy ).

There's actually a retro Han stormtrooper? I thought that was a custom thing.

Edit: Oh I see Han is a "vintage" not "retro" collection. Too bad Target put all the Retro ones in menswear. I'm a nerd, I don't care about my clothes. May as well have put them at a bus terminal.
Back to top Go down
TauntaunScout
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
TauntaunScout

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 3:32 pm

[quote="dj121"]
trappedtexan wrote:

For some reason, when these were purchased by Target, they were indeed given a "Toy" DPCI number, but they never gave them a location in toys after the Father's Day promo. So they were clearanced out and reduced by 70 or 80%. Some people were getting these for $2.49

What a botched release. Sigh. And they're all on eBay for $15 each. I really wish I'd heard about this sooner.
Back to top Go down
TauntaunScout
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
TauntaunScout

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 10:52 am

Partial success!!!

A scalper, presumably tired of having their money tied up, sold me 3 of the collection for original retail. Something about looking at them today when they came in the mail inspired me to go to hunting at Target. My Targets still have the boardgame with Tarkin! I got two.

Hopefully they really do issue these for broad release in the fall. But at least I'm not feeling completely left out of the fun now.
Back to top Go down
TauntaunScout
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
TauntaunScout

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 8:34 am

Any word on a general release for these? They were supposed to be widely available "in the fall". I still can't find any. Except the Tarkin boardgame, all my Targets have tons of those.
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 5:43 pm

Not sure if these will ever actually turn up in stores again. They are available through "fan channel" outlets. You can currently preorder a set right now through Dorksidetoys.com or entertainmentearth.com.

I have used both sites quite a few times and they are usually very good to deal with.
Back to top Go down
TauntaunScout
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
TauntaunScout

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 11:43 am

dj121 wrote:
Not sure if these will ever actually turn up in stores again. They are available through "fan channel" outlets. You can currently preorder a set right now through Dorksidetoys.com or entertainmentearth.com.

I have used both sites quite a few times and they are usually very good to deal with.

Thanks for the info. Available February, apparently. I'll have to bloat ye olde paypal account and order a couple sets and a half dozen stormtroopers...

I really hope they at least make a set of 6 per OT film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019   Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Retro Line Collection 2019

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1