The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jedijoe
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve? Empty
PostSubject: Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve?   Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 10:36 am

I’ve been trying to research whether or not the Max Rebo Band set was shipped inside a shipping sleeve. I have been unable to find any helpful information. If anyone has some knowledge about I would appreciate your input. 

Jedijoe

Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve? 62c05e10
Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve? 9fdccc10
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve?   Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 10:19 pm

The 49-xxxx is a Sears number consistent with their mailers. Doing a quick search I was able to find one other example very quickly. http://9holygrails.blogspot.com/2013/03/sy-snootles-rebo-band-sears-mailer.html?m=1

Not sure the rarity of these, but they do exist.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve?   Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 7:09 am

That’s a great piece of info guys, I never knew they were shipped like that.

Interesting that they used just a slim slip case. Was this posted as is, or was it sent in a bigger box?
Back to top Go down
Jedijoe
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve?   Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 11:25 am

Thanks for the Sears information. I was able to find a few more things pertaining to the shipping sleeve but there isn’t much out there. 

I do not know if there was any additional shipping packaging, what is in the photos is everything that I received  with the set. 

Thanks for all your input!

Jedijoe
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve?   Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 5:19 pm

The cardboard sleeve shirt would have been put on by kenner is my best guess. This likely would have shipped to stores this way and then distributed with the sleeve in a seperate box. The numbers on the front are from three different chains, so the sleeves had to come from kenner as they packed these for multiple stores. The 49-xxxx number is Sears, the 655-xxxx is jc Penny's and the 57-xxxx may be from a store called speigel though the swca says it should be 57-t-xxxx so this may not be where that number was from.
http://theswca.com/images-speci/mailorder/index.html
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve?   Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi Bryan, thanks for following up... some awesome guides there on the SWCA.

Concur with you there, the figure packs (white boxes) had three numbers like you say. It is amazing the effort Kenner went to, in order to assist their retailers with their own stock numbers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve?   Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Max Rebo Band shipping sleeve?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1