The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help with a DT Luke Please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jt1969
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

Help with a DT Luke Please Empty
PostSubject: Help with a DT Luke Please   Help with a DT Luke Please I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 1:40 am

Hey guys could use your advice on this DT Luke.

Has "JJ" on the hilt

Real?

What kind of grade do you think it would get?

Thanks in advance!

Help with a DT Luke Please S-l1600_1

Help with a DT Luke Please S-l1600_2

Help with a DT Luke Please S-l500

Help with a DT Luke Please S-l1600

Help with a DT Luke Please S-l1600_3

Help with a DT Luke Please S-l1600_4

Help with a DT Luke Please S-l1600_5

Help with a DT Luke Please S-l1600_6

Help with a DT Luke Please S-l1600_7
Back to top Go down
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bababooeyfett

PostSubject: Re: Help with a DT Luke Please   Help with a DT Luke Please I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 5:18 pm

Looks genuine. As a reference; mine is afa 75. I broke it out of the case. I'm sure that's frowned upon but it's mine...anyway, your paint on the hands and feet/legs looks better than mine...80/85 for yours?

Help with a DT Luke Please Img_2042
Back to top Go down
jt1969
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Help with a DT Luke Please   Help with a DT Luke Please I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 12:46 am

Bababooeyfett wrote:
Looks genuine. As a reference; mine is afa 75. I broke it out of the case. I'm sure that's frowned upon but it's mine...anyway, your paint on the hands and feet/legs looks better than mine...80/85 for yours?

Help with a DT Luke Please Img_2042

Ya Im not sure if I want to send mine in to get graded? Not sure If I want to put him sealed in that case.......
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Help with a DT Luke Please   Help with a DT Luke Please I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 7:35 pm

Sabers are always the absolute hardest thing to authenticate, even in person much less from pics. The saber appears to be correct but there is a definite difference in appearance from inner and outer. While I would suspect this to a certain degree due to one being inside the other most likely, the difference appears to be two different colors of yellow plastic. This is a concern as an authentic outer could always be paired with a non authentic inner and vice versa. While I am not a fan of grading, I am an absolute fan of authentication. Tom derby if he is still in the game, bill mcbride, and my personal choice because I already know him is John, the owner of tig, can all authenticate these. I am sure there are others, but the listed guys have tons of experience and time in the hobby. While John may be the lesser well known, tig is used for authentication quite a bit when eBay buyers need to show ebay that an item is not authentic.
Back to top Go down
jt1969
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Help with a DT Luke Please   Help with a DT Luke Please I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 8:00 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Sabers are always the absolute hardest thing to authenticate, even in person much less from pics. The saber appears to be correct but there is a definite difference in appearance from inner and outer. While I would suspect this to a certain degree due to one being inside the other most likely, the difference appears to be two different colors of yellow plastic. This is a concern as an authentic outer could always be paired with a non authentic inner and vice versa. While I am not a fan of grading, I am an absolute fan of authentication. Tom derby if he is still in the game, bill mcbride, and my personal choice because I already know him is John, the owner of tig, can all authenticate these. I am sure there are others, but the listed guys have tons of experience and time in the hobby. While John may be the lesser well known, tig is used for authentication quite a bit when eBay buyers need to show ebay that an item is not authentic.

Yes I passed this on to Bill McBride just waiting on his reply. Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with a DT Luke Please   Help with a DT Luke Please I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with a DT Luke Please

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1