The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron Empty
PostSubject: Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron   Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 2:10 pm

It's with a very heavy heart that I have some extremely sad news to share with you all.

We have lost a fellow vintage collector, moderator, founding member of the Tantive XI forum and most importantly, a very good friend to us all. Steve Pullman (aka "cantina_patron") passed away on March 17, 2018 at his home at the age of 46. Steve passed away too soon and sadly leaves behind his beloved daughter Beth.

Steve was an incredibly well-respected member of the vintage community, not just for his incredible knowledge but also for his willingness to impart this knowledge onto his fellow collectors.

Before helping set up the TantiveXI forum, Steve was a moderator here at The Imperial Gunnery forum, where he ran the very popular ‘details’ competition.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron   Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 2:36 pm

I have fond memories of Steve hosting the detail game, he was a great quizmaster, there was good humour and it was enjoyed by all who took part.
I've always admired the way Steve conducted himself as a MOD (and a person) both here and at TANTIVE. He was a level headed guy, polite and courteous to everyone and always willing to share his vast knowledge of the hobby.
I sadly did not get the pleasure to meet or speak to Steve in person but we shared many PM's over the years discussing Vintage Star Wars, life, music and many other things. I was fascinated by some of his exotic pets (snakes, spiders) which he was also very knowledgeable about.
RIP brother you will be greatly missed but never forgotten  Sad
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron   Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Jesus , this is incredibly sad news. Is there anything setup for his daughter? Can we help in any way?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron   Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 3:35 pm

Oh my gosh.....Steve and I had spoken back when I first came to mod and he was still on the team here. We hadn't spoken in some time, but I always thought of him as a friend. This is just terrible news. How did it happen? I will for sure keep his daughter in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron   Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 4:55 pm

We don't know much at the moment. The will reading was last week, and the funeral was just on Tuesday. All the family communication is going thru Alex (General Kahn).
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron   Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 9:24 pm

Sad Sad Sad I am very saddened to hear of this, Steve will be missed, RIP my friend.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron   Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 11:54 pm

I was gutted to hear of this news this morning.  Steve will always be a significant part of this forum, site & hobby. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by aussiejames on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron   Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 12:11 am

Shocked and saddened to hear this news Sad  Steve did a massive amount of work when he was a mod here. Always friendly, level headed, fun, knowledgable and willing to help others. Thoughts go out to his family and loved ones.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron   Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 3:16 pm

Shocked and saddened by the news of Steve's passing.
Always found him more than happy to help with anything I asked him.
My thoughts are with his family at his time.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron   Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 4:54 pm

Incredibly sad news; I’m so sorry.

My thoughts and prayers are with Steve and his loved ones at this very difficult time.

Putting the collecting on hold for a few years, meant that I never had the opportunity to truly know Steve, but it’s clear to see that he gave a lot of his spare time to help this forum flourish and was very well thought of, bringing a lot to the hobby and to his friends.

Rest in Peace fella.
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron   Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 8:32 am

This is very sad news. RIP Steve, you will be missed. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron   Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 4:24 pm

such a great guy , very sad and way too young r.i.p. my friend
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron   Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rest in Peace Steve Pullman aka cantina_patron

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1