The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cream color Jawa stitching

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jedijoe
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

Cream color Jawa stitching  Empty
PostSubject: Cream color Jawa stitching    Cream color Jawa stitching  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 1:34 am

I just acquired these two Jawas that have a cream colo stitching that I haven’t seen before. Is anyone familiar with this variation?  

Thanks 

Jedijoe 

BCream color Jawa stitching  368b7010Cream color Jawa stitching  Fd10e510Cream color Jawa stitching  5b3c8910Cream color Jawa stitching  001fff10Cream color Jawa stitching  E7aee110Cream color Jawa stitching  97a72c10Cream color Jawa stitching  Fd8e8410
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Cream color Jawa stitching    Cream color Jawa stitching  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 2:02 am

They are legit, more rare than the common brown or dark brown. Sometimes this is called white, light, tan, etc. You can hunt for threads about this particular variant on rs and here. I found several on rs with pics that were still live that matched these exactly. Don't know if there is added value for the color as from what I read there may be a small premium over a normal jawa, but not a big one since not many collect the stitch variations. In other words, interest to some but not a large group and not enough interest to generate a massive premium. But again, I don't even keep up with the market as is so not sure how much it would be worth or anything.
Back to top Go down
Jedijoe
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Cream color Jawa stitching    Cream color Jawa stitching  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks for the information, I was having trouble finding anything definitive. 

Jedijoe
Back to top Go down
johnh321
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Cream color Jawa stitching    Cream color Jawa stitching  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 10:49 am

You happen to get these with the blue snag from OfferUp from Nick in Auburn, WA? There are more listed in FB marketplace and trying to figure out if the pic is older or if he has more or ??? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Jedijoe
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Cream color Jawa stitching    Cream color Jawa stitching  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 12:37 pm

Yes, I did.  

Jedijoe
Back to top Go down
Jedijoe
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Cream color Jawa stitching    Cream color Jawa stitching  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 12:40 pm

And the Blue Snag looked nice.  I’d say it would grade between 80-85.

Jedijoe
Back to top Go down
johnh321
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Cream color Jawa stitching    Cream color Jawa stitching  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 6:38 pm

Jedijoe wrote:
And the Blue Snag looked nice.  I’d say it would grade between 80-85.

Jedijoe

Sweet - congrats on the pickup and nice to see another local collector here! Did he have more of the Jawa light stitch capes? Someone named Nick is selling 2 more capes (among other figures) on FB Marketplace and they look exactly like the ones you picked up.
Back to top Go down
Jedijoe
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Cream color Jawa stitching    Cream color Jawa stitching  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 6:55 pm

He never mentioned having any other figures and I did not see anything different than his original listing. I will mention that when I got home I realized I had acquired a DT Luke and DT Obi Wan. 
Cream color Jawa stitching  Bb7d7210Cream color Jawa stitching  1dad7d10
Back to top Go down
johnh321
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Cream color Jawa stitching    Cream color Jawa stitching  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 7:01 pm

What the What?!? Holy cow! My buddy actually mentioned something about the sabers. Is the green color just your camera? Incredible! I'm kicking myself now - I was your competition on that lot (at least one of them)!!
Back to top Go down
Jedijoe
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Cream color Jawa stitching    Cream color Jawa stitching  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 7:15 pm

The saber is blue. I’m no photographer and I was trying to get the letters on the hilt to show. I originally called my buddy out of California to buy the lot because my money was tied up in the sail barge. My buddy had agreed with the seller to buy the lot for $300. but the seller backed out and then jacked the price up to $400.  My friend wouldn’t go above $325.  so I told him I would try to pick up a few of the figures because I couldn’t afford the Blue Snag.  I picked up Vader, Ben, Han, Death Squad, Luke and the two Jawas. 

Jedijoe
Back to top Go down
johnh321
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Cream color Jawa stitching    Cream color Jawa stitching  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 7:24 pm

What an incredible pickup! Congratulations again! I offered $300 and the seller told me someone offered $400 then he updated the ad to $400. I'm sure there was plenty of competition! I messaged "Nick Newman" on Facebook who posted the other lot that includes 2 light stitch Jawa capes. FB profile shows him in Renton. Very unusual to see those capes in the same area posted right around the same time with the same seller first name. I'm interested in those capes so, we'll see if he responds. I passed on the Barge, but kicking myself now that the Toy Run guys are posting pics of the fun add-ons being sent. Have fun with that!
Back to top Go down
johnh321
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Cream color Jawa stitching    Cream color Jawa stitching  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 11:27 pm

Nice meeting you yesterday and thanks for selling me one of these Jawas (among the other items)! See you at Toy & Geek Fest?
Scott (sorry-mentioned the wrong profile name yesterday).
Back to top Go down
Jedijoe
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Jawa   Cream color Jawa stitching  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 10:41 am

Thanks!  Always a pleasure meeting a Star Wars guy. Glad you grabbed one of those Jawas for your collection.  

Jedijoe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cream color Jawa stitching    Cream color Jawa stitching  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cream color Jawa stitching

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1