The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
amcisaac
New User
New User
amcisaac

Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus) Empty
PostSubject: Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus)   Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 10:23 pm

I've been collecting for a number of years now and think it's time to share with other collectors.I'll continue to add to this post as my collection grows but figured now is as good a time as any to start.

I started with having one of each figure and quickly settled on my childhood favorite, Luke Jedi, as a focus. I was able to acquire all the domestic MOC 65s, 77s and 79s. I added card backs of all the domestic figures and then branched out to obtain Lily Ledy, Palitoy, Canadian and other card backs. I have a Meccano on the way Smile I have all the loose variants including a Lily Ledy and Toltoys (who is missing his cape and weapons).

I do have quite a few pieces from my childhood that survived like Leia Boushh, Jabba's playset, a Cloud Car and Ewok Village with the original box. But my Jedi Luke is nowhere to be found...

I plan to work on the display by adding some 3 step risers to my Detlof cases in the near future and will update the post when I'm finished.

I'm currently working on card backs, Lily Ledy figures and loose variants. I hope you like what I've started.
Attachments
IMG_2436.JPG
Loose Lily Ledy and Toltoys Luke Jedi
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(35 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
IMG_2435.JPG
Loose Luke Jedi Variants
(36 Kb) Downloaded 7 times
IMG_2433.JPG
Luke Jedi MOC
(45 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
IMG_2434.JPG
Luke Jedi MOC backs
(46 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
IMG_2427.JPG
Luke Jedi Cardbacks
(49 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
IMG_2426.JPG
Luke Jedi Cardbacks
(38 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
IMG_2425.JPG
Luke Jedi Cardbacks
(38 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2424.JPG
Luke Jedi Cardbacks
(42 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2430.JPG
Ewok Village
(29 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2431.JPG
Loose Collection
(30 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus)   Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 11:10 pm

Man that's a lot of Luke's, very cool collection you have. Just curious does your falcon have the training ball, almost everyone I see is missing that Smile.

Larry
Back to top Go down
amcisaac
New User
New User
amcisaac

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus)   Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 11:18 pm

Thanks! Yes, it does. I had to rebuild my Falcon. I had some original parts from my childhood like the training ball and string, landing gear, strut, etc. It took me a while but I eventually got all the pieces. I just need to spend some time fixing the broken strut and replacing it with the extra one.
Attachments
IMG_2437.JPG
Falcon parts
(97 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus)   Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 12:21 pm

I also have a Luke Jedi focus so it was nice to see your collection Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus)   Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 7:57 pm

Don't know how I missed this thread first time around but glad it got bumped. Craig t is a huge Luke jedi guy so surprised he hasn't hit this thread also.

@Craig T

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
ObiSamSeRobi
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus)   Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 10:28 am

I really like it :-), it's a pity that poor quality photos Sad
Back to top Go down
amcisaac
New User
New User
amcisaac

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus)   Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 10:54 am

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll try to add some better quality pictures with my next update.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus)   Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 3:34 pm

Aaron,

I only just stumbled on to your limelight; I had no idea you had posted sorry - I'm a busy Daddy to a even busier baby, so my time is limited and I hadn't check this section of the forum in a good while.

But let me welcome you to TIG and well done on your Luke Jedi focus - you have assembled a really cool collection there. Hopefully you will be able to post bigger photos, as I would love to see in detail what cool stuff you have accumulated. An argentine Top Toys Luke? Kudos!!! I see you also have LiliLedy cardback - if you find another let me know!

I like the fact you still have the complement of you childhood Falcon and other vintage toys. Hopefully the childhood Luke will surface

Please do keep us all updated!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus)   Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 3:52 pm

Aaron, welcome to TIG and congrats on all those Luke Jedi examples. Look forward to some new pics and to see what else is going on inside those cabinets.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus)   Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2018 1:41 am

Nice collection, Aaron! Everything seems to be kept in really good condition as well!

Thanks for sharing, and hopefully that LJD focus continues to grow. cheers
Back to top Go down
Jartladder
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus)   Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 10:03 am

Sweet collection! Thanks for sharing. You should post some close up pics so people cans see the variants. I haven't gotten my figures graded either though I've bought some already graded. I am fairly obsessed with Luke Jedi's too and recently did a couple videos on him on youtube:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus)   Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aaron's Vintage Collection (with Luke Jedi focus)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1