The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars References at work

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Star Wars References at work Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars References at work   Star Wars References at work I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 12:46 pm

So I'm listening to a town hall meeting and one of the engineers had to talk about a certain initiative. I work for a huge company (30,000 employees) so things are fairly stringent.

While talking he referred to the initiative as "Project Dagobah" I almost fell off my chair. He said it, made no other reference to SW but you could tell he mentioned the name on purpose. Not many people got it, but I was smiling ear to ear!

Anyone ever run into SW in the real world with that kind of subtlety ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

Star Wars References at work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars References at work   Star Wars References at work I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 10:17 am

Only heard one once...

It happened in one of those meetings where management was panicking over the course of our project so they went after the staff because they couldn't possibly be responsible, right?

The reference was that our small studio was Alderaan and the big corporate studio was the f**king Death Star, and they were coming for us....

Upon hearing this many of my co-workers returned to their desks and promptly started copying files, and updating portfolios...

I guess it was a self fulfilling prophecy because less than one year later many of us that were hired on to help were gone...
Back to top Go down

Star Wars References at work

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1