The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help to verify if my xwing is original

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trauricio
New User
New User

23 -  Help to verify if my xwing is original Empty
PostSubject: Help to verify if my xwing is original   23 -  Help to verify if my xwing is original I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi. I bought this ship that was told that it was ESB (with damages) but I see that in its base it has date of 1978 and also the canopy is gray.
attached photos. Help me please, I'm new to the forum
Attachments
IMG_4735.JPG
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(76 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
IMG_4733.JPG
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(114 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Help to verify if my xwing is original   23 -  Help to verify if my xwing is original I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 7:41 pm

Hello,

Unless I am ready for the crazy house, I see no evidence of this being a fake.

The later ESB BD X-Wing had a grey body as opposed to white and also had a darker canopy glass.

The date on the body is because it is the same mold from 1978 which was the first X-Wing (White body, clear glass).

I think you are fine my friend, enjoy her she is gorgeous Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trauricio
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Help to verify if my xwing is original   23 -  Help to verify if my xwing is original I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 10:06 pm

thank you very much! I only have the doubt because in the information of the data appears lucasfilms and not the address that appears in the model of 78 ... it will be that it is not kenner and can be palitoy? It's electronic anyway
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Help to verify if my xwing is original   23 -  Help to verify if my xwing is original I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 10:21 pm

This thread will help you with identification of it.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4137-project-outside-the-box-star-wars-vehicles-playsets-mini-rigs-other-boxed-products#X-Wing

Vehicles and their variants I am not so knowledgeable in, but the answer is in that thread I bet.

Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy it here and stick around. At the top of this section are some stickied threads, one is an introduction thread. Feel free to hit that and let us know some about you.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Help to verify if my xwing is original   23 -  Help to verify if my xwing is original I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 10:52 pm

Bryan,

Great link man!

So it looks to me like it is #10 on the list, which is a Palitoy version. There is a photo of the stamp on the bottom of the vehicle, and it is an exact match.

#23 is also a match as far the stamp goes too, I had no idea there were so many versions, thanks for posting the link!

Trauricio,

It is a very nice ship, congrats man & enjoy! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trauricio
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Help to verify if my xwing is original   23 -  Help to verify if my xwing is original I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 11:00 pm

But my ship is electronic and the one of palitoy not ... increases my doubt. Everything indicates that it is kenner ... but the registration plate makes me doubt ...
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Help to verify if my xwing is original   23 -  Help to verify if my xwing is original I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 11:31 pm

Coo markings are just a marking placed in the mold to show copyright ownership. Your marking is shown on #10 which is a palitoy non electronic version. This doesn't mean that that same mold wasn't used earlier by kenner for say version 6 which matches the description of yours. In fact since palitoy did not actually produce toys but just carded/boxed them it is almost guaranteed that the mold existed prior to palitoy ordering version for them. Ships haven't been researched in as much detail as figures because most collect figures. I don't doubt your ship is a #6 in that link and just came from a mold that had that coo marking. Also if the year is what is throwing you the copyright date is generally the date when someone filed the copyright and not when it was made hence you can find r2d2 carded return of the jedi figures with the original date on them as the mold was still used with the original copyright date and the figure did not undergo changes to the body. There maybe (likely are) other coo markings that aren't pictured at all also. This doesn't mean they don't exist, just the guide doesn't have a picture of it and coo marking for ships hasnt been as much of a collector's chase in variants like it is with figures.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Help to verify if my xwing is original   23 -  Help to verify if my xwing is original I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 4:38 am

Like Bryan said lots of items from other places were Manner made only the packaging was done by said Country both my X-Wing and Y-Wing were packaged in Canada but the ships were not, That's why when it comes to ships without packaging its hard to tell where they are from unless they had only certain markings to verify. The ones packaged here in Canada without the box you can't tell.

Larry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help to verify if my xwing is original   23 -  Help to verify if my xwing is original I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help to verify if my xwing is original

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1