The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pack in Catalog question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yodacappy
New User
New User

Pack in Catalog question Empty
PostSubject: Pack in Catalog question   Pack in Catalog question I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Is there a definitive guide somewhere showing what catalogs came with each toy? I'm aware of Project Out of the Box but is it possible that other catalog variations were inserted in boxes or was it done consistently? Hope I'm making sense...lol Thanks for any help and guidance!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Pack in Catalog question   Pack in Catalog question I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 10:40 pm

For vehicles and playsets other than searching for individual threads I dont know of a single source that would show that.

For mailers and baggies these threads can help but you do have to dig some as some have just pictures and not descriptors on the catalog entries:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1783-mailer-collections-guide

http://theswca.com/images-speci/mailorder/index.html

http://swspaceclub.com/mailaways/

Assuming the swca may have this information spread over the various toy entries but doubt it is consolidated into one spot.
Back to top Go down
Yodacappy
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Pack in Catalog question   Pack in Catalog question I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 5:38 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
For vehicles and playsets other than searching for individual threads I dont know of a single source that would show that.

For mailers and baggies these threads can help but you do have to dig some as some have just pictures and not descriptors on the catalog entries:

"links I can't post yet"...lol

Assuming the swca may have this information spread over the various toy entries but doubt it is consolidated into one spot.

This gave me an idea and I'm going to run with it.  A little example:

The Landspeeder

1977: 1st packaging with the LP box has the Star Wars logo catalog with it.

1978: 2nd packaging  with special offer R2-D2/C-3PO had the X-wing catalog with it.

1979: 3rd packaging (no LP and no offer) has the Death Star battle catalog.

1984: 4th packaging (Collector's Series) has the Jabba Return of the Jedi catalog.

Something like that.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Pack in Catalog question   Pack in Catalog question I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 5:50 pm

would be a great project if you can run with it. be sure to know which catalog and if there is already any vernacular associated. I know I have seen stuff say "Large catalog" and "small catalog" when dealing with fett mailers so not exactly sure of the differences as I never delved into mailers a lot, but the toys (ships/playsets) may also have a large and small one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pack in Catalog question   Pack in Catalog question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pack in Catalog question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1