The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a new members collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
peterweix
New User
New User

a new members collection Empty
PostSubject: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Hi there and thanks letting me join this wonderfull place, that reminds me of my childhood and the fascinating world of star wars figures.

As a boy I started collecting Star wars figures starting with the film "Return of the Jedy", and due to lack of money, I had one of the biggest collections in my circle of friends.
Growing older, the collection was put in bags and went to the basement. I have a doughter of 12 years now and she is a very big fan of all real star wars films (you know of which I speak), and therefore I put my old toys out and the passion kind of started new.

I phoned some friends, and yes, one still had his old collection of items, and I managed to buy them...so here is my collection of figures and vehicles, all 100% original, because not one of them was bought after 86 or 87.

Oh, and one thing: My Luke has the "Made in China" sign, I mentioned there was a discussion, if these were official ones...

Greetings from Austria

Peter, 44

...Why doesn´t this pic upload???
Back to top Go down
peterweix
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 3:47 pm

a new members collection Dsc_4510
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 3:51 pm

welcome and cool , start collecting more !!!! lol! the star wars bug is hard to shake
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 4:03 pm

Welcome Peter, vintage Star Wars is forever. I understand there was a bit of a delay with your membership so am happy to see you made it in Smile
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 6:08 pm

Nice start. I see a yak face, couple of Barbara's and other last 17. What is up with the ree yees with the green head (around middle of the pic)? It looks like you or your friend dipped him in paint at some point, just curious if it had a story. The seasick ree yees or something. lol!
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 am

Welcome Peter! welcome

That's a nice friend you have! Great haul to get you started on the new path to collecting!
Back to top Go down
peterweix
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 3:28 pm

Thank you for your nice words.

Yes, I have Yak Face, and I think its in pretty good shape.

And here is also a picture of Luke with the "china" stamp.

Is there anything you want to see from the collection?

Peter
Back to top Go down
peterweix
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 3:34 pm

a new members collection Dsc_4514
a new members collection Dsc_4514
a new members collection Dsc_4515
a new members collection Dsc_4516
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 5:14 pm

Are you familiar with what goes to who?  I see a luke poncho on a leia figure and I think the luke is also in the pic, but it is far so cant tell if that is him or not.  I circled them in yellow

The figure circled in green looks to be a luke stormtrooper is it?

I cicrcled all of the more valuable figures in lighter blue these are known as last 17 figures.

The ree yees I circled in red, just curious on the green head.

I also see another lando general I failed to circle as well as an r2 that could be the pop up lightsaber one given the number of other later figures in the pic.

I don't see many weapons?

a new members collection Dsc_4510
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 6:05 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Nice start. I see a yak face, couple of Barbara's

Barbara, huh? lol!

Peter - Glad to have you here, enjoy and great stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 10:43 pm

Didnt even notice that. Stupid phone spell check doesn't recognize barada and keeps changing it. I don't pay lots of attention as I type and didn't notice it automatically changed it. head bang
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 11:31 am

I honestly thought "Barbara" was a nickname for Barada, like somewhere along the line someone had a really interesting story as to why the collecting community refers to Barada as Barbara...

lol! rofl

Welp, guess Bryan started a trend!!
Back to top Go down
peterweix
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 3:45 pm

I put the "last 17" together, seems there are not so many missing, but some double...hm, looks like the perfect trading oportunity perhaps.

The "Ree Yees" was blackfaced at one time, maybe by me...I´ll try to get the paint off...at that time I didn´t know, that this is kind of rasist to do lol!

The R2 isn´t the one with the lightsabre, sorry

And can someone tell me why these (with some very nice figures in it, that must have sold strong) are the "last 17". I can imagine, there are rarer figures out there

And I put together all the weapons, I have to check wich one belomgs to which figure...

Peter

a new members collection Dsc_4611
a new members collection Dsc_4610
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 3:51 pm

the last 17 were just that , the last 17 produced and command usually a bigger dollar amount as they weren't produced as long as empire or star wars or jedi figures , that's all . there are most definitely rarer figures out there but until you get into variant collecting thatd be for another time I suppose . as far as kenner produced that's what is generally considered the money figures
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 6:14 pm

Bill hit the last 17 topic. For the US these are called the last 17 but sometimes called the last 15 by some. Two of the ewoks were released on return of the jedi cards, the rest were potf cards. so either last 17 or last 15 I have heard them called both.

Below I circled what look to be the weapons for some of them.

a new members collection Dsc_4610

red circle is going to be luke poncho/lando general
blue circle is an ewok
yellow circle is an ewok
purple is the imperial gunner/awing pilot (cant remember if both had black weapon or not)
green is going to be barada
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 6:16 pm

I didn't circle the stormtrooper blasters but the luke stormy was a solid black one, if those are that variant then that's his weapon.

possible the baradas are different he had a 1984 and a 1985 coo stamp if I remember right. Check those, the rest I don't recall having different stamps.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 1:29 pm

Welcome to TIG welcome Good luck adding to the collection, you're off to an excellent start there cheers
Back to top Go down
peterweix
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 7:31 am

Thank you all!

Is there a special area here, where members can exchange items or ask for special things?

Peter
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 3:06 pm

in the classified section
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 4:20 pm

If your looking at the main page it is the tig sales forum.  Click on that and then go to vintage classifieds.  As a new member there are rules to fall under like before posting a sales thread you have to have 40 post, so be sure to read the sticky in there for the rules.  You can post want to buy threads, I think we have trades also restricted to having 40 posts prior to creating the thread but we may have changed that, it has been a while since its come up so I would have to read the rules to check.

Edit: I just checked and yes to open a trade thread you must also have 40 posts prior to creating the thread. Its not hard to get to 40 though, so stick around and throw some comments out and before you know it your there.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 6:28 am

if your r2 isnt the one with the pop up light saber hes not one of the last 17
Back to top Go down
peterweix
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 7:59 am

Oh, yes I know now, thank you!

And thanks for the good tips!

Peter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a new members collection   a new members collection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a new members collection

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1