The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen Empty
PostSubject: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 12:46 pm

For those who haven't heard- a friend had a significant portion of her collection stolen as well as personal items.  We are putting together a few items to make her feel better, if you can help please contact me via pm, she is a member here, but has not posted, but is an active member on 2 other SW forums where she is regarded as a valued member of the community.

Please have a read of this other thread regarding the theft & if you are able, help out with a little something -

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1105865/

Just wanted to post a link up here as we on SWFUK are having a bit of a whip round for Deborah to give her a little head start on collecting again & are looking for small token donations of vintage items to send on to her to hopefully inspire her to keep going with her collection, nothing major required, but if you feel like chipping in with something please send me a pm either here or on SWFUK as I have put myself forward as the hub for the donation & will be collecting all the items up & forwarding them on to her in one parcel, just an opportunity to give a little back to a member who quite obviously loves the hobby & the community. 

Star Wars Forum - Vintage Star Wars Collecting Forum - StarWarsForum.co.uk • View topic - Collection for deber?

1. great idea to gift wrap but if everything is wrapped individually it will only increase postage weight - so leave the gift wrapping to me guys as I have it covered 

2. Cut off date - 3 weeks - 7th of February

3. postage - if everyone pop's 50p in there parcel it should I think cover international postage of a good size parcel if say 20 members donate 10 so far BTW as of 19.38 17/1/14, any extra I am happy to cover myself.

4. feel free to add a tag to your donation with your name/user name, but try to keep it as small & lightwieght as possible please guys

5. if wanting to give a little cash instead of a figure/card/accessory etc, just PM me & we can sort it via paypal

6. no beaters please 

7. still looking for Blue Snag & a nice Yakface 

PS please pm me for a list of items already donated to make life easyer
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 4:33 pm

That sucks, no body deserves to have that happen. Sad  I wish that I had something to contribute, but I don't have anything of that quality.

Did she not have the collection insured? Is the collection the only thing the thief took?

Hope they catch the person responsible. Evil or Very Mad 

Clint
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 5:17 pm

That really sucks arse, I'd be about ready to kill.... and that would be long before that shit happened!

I kind of thought.. woman, collection, yeah I probably got a couple of spare loose figures here and there, then I saw the list! Not only does that suck arse on a monumental scale, it also means that even if I offered up my entire collection it would probably be as inane as offering a scrap of dirt to a land fill site.

I was a butcher for 9 years though, so if they catch the bastard I can explain the easiest way to cut his thieving arms off!

Countents insurance? it's not the 'hard to find' colletables, but it's certainly a piece of mind.
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 5:45 pm

Sadly due to an imminent house move Deborah had as I understand it let the insurance lapse awaiting to renew in there new hope, she is based in Holland BTW.

As for giving a little & worrying its not adequate - nonsense!, we all have to start somewhere & Deborah is aiming to re start as I understand it with a loose run of figures, not AFA90 MOC's, whatever you can spare is IMO more than acceptable!

We all have differing wallet allowances, I myself am on a very limited budget & have put in a single graded baggie, but many others have donated a single figure or weapon or accessory, like I said, its not how much or how valuble, more a case of a little pick me up, remember its the thought that counts guys.

Others who have got nothing to give in terms of vintage have offered a token minimal cash donation, I will put all the funds that come in towards a nice item for her to add to what's been so kindly donated.

If you pm me I can send you a list of what's been donated to date & you can see by the list that folks are giving a little, which is all that is expected.

Saying that if anyone has a spare Harbart Power Droid MOC they want to give away, you can shove it my way  lol! no need for Deborah to know  smoke lol!
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 9:31 pm

Man that does suck big time I need to wait til the end of the month as I just started my new job and pay day isn't til the end but I will see what I can do in the way of cash as it would be expensive to send something over seas from here.
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 3:30 pm

Just to make this nice & easy & with luck a lot cheaper for you guys across the pond, Matt on RS (seerdrakon) has kindly offered to be the US hub so you can send itesm his way to be forwarded on to me in one parcel.

If you guys could please help Matt out with a couple of bucks toward onward postage it would be greatly appreciated, please see this thread -

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1106032/
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:01 pm

Hey Guys,
Just to update the thread....I created one in the Vintage for sale section too. Anything can help....except beaters. Weapons can help too. It doesn't take much to feel like you gave a lot. Thanks!!!

Collection thread.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 5:21 pm

I'll be packing up 2 figures and 2 blasters to help her along.
Sucks to hear this type of thing and then when you see what she lost and realize just one of her pieces is better than most of mine, makes me cry a little.

Anyway... I'm in for a little relief for her.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 5:48 pm

pm sent....
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 5:59 pm

Only 8 days till the cut off, so no time like the present, if you would still like to do a little something for a fellow member, now is your chance!

& to all those that have already donated a little something toward the cause, may I take this opportunity to thank you all for your great support & say that the donations have been very generous, I am sure we will raise a smile with Deborah, give yourselves a pat on the back for me - huge thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Frank, well done for helping to organise such a fantastic scheme to help a fellow collector out when it need.
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 2:18 pm

TOMORROW IS THE CUT OFF DATE 7TH  OF FEB, so if you want to donate a little something, this is final orders guys, thanks to all that have so generously given already, you help & support are truly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 2:30 pm

pm sent
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 2:31 pm

PM sent.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 3:27 pm

PM sent  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Thank you so much for your support guys  cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:42 pm

I just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has banded together to make this happen, there has been an outstanding & heartfelt response & we have a nice box of goodies that will soon be on its way to Deborah, which I am sure will raise a smile & with luck both eyebrows when opened, I am just waiting on a single item which should be in early next week before I post the pressie out, I will PM EVERYONE that has donated with a sneak preview so you can see what you have all helped out with.

Again I thank you all so so much for helping to make this happen for a fellow member who really needs a little pick me up.

Nice one folks!  celebrate
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:49 pm

no need for thanks were family that's what family does Smile
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:52 pm

Agreed!

Thanks Frank for doing this and I look forward to seeing the result of it, what a wonderful community we have here  cheers 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:54 pm

Great to hear!

I can't wait to see what she'll be getting - well, probably not as much as she is! Laughing

Very cool indeed!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 4:07 pm

I'm glad to hear it's all coming together Frank. I'm sure Deborah will be blown away by the response!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 4:15 pm

That's great to hear Frank, I'm sure Deb will be really pleased mate  cheers
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Pm sent
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 2:51 pm

cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:25 am

Everyone that has helped out should now have a update PM, if you have not please LMK & I will make sure you get it.

Thank you all so much for the help & support for Deborah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen   Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collection for a member who's entire collection has been stolen

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next