The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion   Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 12:13 pm

Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion Star_w10

Starting a thread for thoughts and discussion on not just Episode 8, but the newly revealed title!

Some things to consider:

- "The Last Jedi" may not just mean Luke, since the term "Jedi" can be used to describe multiple, or a group.

- Will this be a Mark Hamill centered movie? (Hope so!)

- Since it's the second in a trilogy (and we all now evil wins in the sequel), does the title indicate that Rey may become "The Last Jedi"?  

Post and comment below!
Back to top Go down
Jetson
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Jetson

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion   Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 6:42 pm

Why would Luke run away and hide from everyone? Conflicted? Drawn to the Darkside?
Back to top Go down
http://www.saratogarenter.com
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion   Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 5:12 am

I hope the red in the title means something darkside.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion   Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 3:39 pm

It's a no-nonsense, simple Star Wars title and seems a good fit with all the others. I like how it's ambiguous - could mean one Jedi or a number of Jedi. Looking forward to seeing Luke getting longer screentime this time.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion   Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 4:35 pm

Jetson wrote:
Why would Luke run away and hide from everyone? Conflicted? Drawn to the Darkside?

I think this one was more or less because he felt lost. He was training jedi and not some random one, but his own nephew destroyed that. Killing his fellow trainees and turning to the darkside. I am sure Luke had a big WTF moment and needed time away to reflect on what he would need to do next.

As far as the title there is no way that it would ever be the last jedi as a single, surely they wont end the franchise with the darkside winning and as long as one is alive then more will eventually come forth and be trainable I would guess.

Back to top Go down
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bababooeyfett

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion   Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 5:41 pm

This may be a "no duh," but I think Luke's role will be similar to Ben Kenobi's in Episode 4. He will be more of a supporting role. I don't think they would give more screen time to Luke than to Rey or Fin. The question that I have been wondering(your question #3 in yellow)...Will they kill off Luke Skywalker during this current trilogy, in similar style to Ben Kenobi, hence Rey will become the last Jedi? I hope not. If they do, I don't think it will be this episode, even though as indicated in question #3 in yellow, that the second episode may indicate evil being victorious in this sequel as it was in Episode 5. My only rationale is that they already killed off Han Solo, killing off Luke in the very next episode may be too much. I also think having Luke in one more episode(Episode 9) is important for us older fans, and I think Disney realizes that and would reward us with Luke being in one more episode, but one more episode only. Again I think he will make it to Episode 9, but will be killed off in that episode. Regarding the title, I think it is solid, I like it...and sorry for saying episode 100 times...
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion   Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 10:26 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Jetson wrote:

I think this one was more or less because he felt lost.  He was training jedi and not some random one, but his own nephew destroyed that. Killing his fellow trainees and turning to the darkside.  I am sure Luke had a big WTF moment and needed time away to reflect on what he would need to do next.  

Agreed, Bryan. To have witnessed your star pupil to what he did weighs heavy on the heart, and with no one to really turn to, and maybe too ashamed to face Han and Leia, he exiled himself along the lines of when Yoda failed to stop Palpatine.

Bababooeyfett wrote:

My only rationale is that they already killed off Han Solo, killing off Luke in the very next episode may be too much.

Yep. From a total audience/fan standpoint, it would be too much indeed. Actually, come to think of it, in any story, killing off a major character back to back so soon is put off-ish.

...except Game of Thrones, I guess. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion   Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode 8: Title Revealed - Thoughts and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1