The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
AuthorMessage
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 1:26 pm

Great coin bill.

@jabbawookie, if you search over on rs for threads about the kellerman index you will find there are multiple variations missing from the printed book. I think there is a website that someone updates with new variations though as they have been discovered. I don't really keep up with carded but I recall reading through some threads involving that.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 2:38 pm

thanks fellas....

jay those are really nice wow .. ive had many deals with steph and he always shipped quickly and professionially packed
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks Bill. Stefan is selling some lovely 12 and 20 / 21 backs over on FB. The packaging was awesome. Bryan, thanks I’ll try and track the website down. Stefan said he was sure the 21b combo for Ben was in the book when he catalogued in 2010, so it could be an anomaly. I did see a Ben 21b card Back had sold on eBay.com recently when checking, so am sure mines not the only one!
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 11:52 am

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 QFRJ2tj

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 IktG2rN

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Hcjuzjr
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 2:41 pm

love the hollow cheeks raider .. best figure ever What a Face period

got a nice sise fromm coin in a lot
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Sise_f10
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 2:30 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Great coin bill.

@jabbawookie, if you search over on rs for threads about the kellerman index you will find there are multiple variations missing from the printed book. I think there is a website that someone updates with new variations though as they have been discovered. I don't really keep up with carded but I recall reading through some threads involving that.  
Still haven’t found an updated matrix with the 21b on, and have noted that as well as the RS Kellerman matrix respected sites like Jedi Temple Archives also don’t feature it (but guessing they base there data on the KM).
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/vintage-star-wars/evg/Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Kenner-Vintage-Star-Wars.html

I have found plenty of examples of Ben Kenobi 21b cards including an AFA graded example (not that means anything!) so assume it has just not been updated with a verified example. Awaiting my copy of the book to see if that differs from the online version  Smile
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 2d01fe10
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 0afea910
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 3f3da510
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Nice Hollow Tubes pick up Broke
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 1:13 pm

@TheJabbaWookie -- Great pick-ups! Glad you hit another goal with that Landspeeder and even the bonus Luke to go with it! Jealous of that VCJ, it's definitely been on my short list of goals. The Obi-Wan and TR cardback are pretty sweet, too!

@Calrissian_Charm -- Nice score on that record. Those Chinese bootleg comics are nuts. Obi-Wan should have rolled up to DV like that. rofl

@Yzerman -- Clean General Lando!

@Broke -- Congrats on the Hollow Cheek!

@hellhippie -- Best. Coin. Ever. :clap: -- Sise is nice, too!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 6:21 pm

Great pick-ups everyone!

I want to do a bit of background reading before I update my Luke Jedi blog on these beauties, but it’s a coup d'état for me to finally get all 3 Canadian Luke Jedi MOCs.

Particularly the 65-A Blue Sabre – I personally have only ever seen one and I have been after one for around 8 Years. A long wait, but worth it; Kenner Canada is quoted to have marketed/sold only a 10th of the amount of figures that Kenner USA produced, so it is incredibly rare.

Bought roughly at the same time, the 65-A Green Sabre version took 6 weeks to come as it was inspected by customs in the USA and in the UK – longest wait ever.

The 77 back is also interesting as it shows that production for Canadian Luke Jedi switch from Smile (HN) to Taiwan (TJ) for the latter Luke Jedi.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Canadi10

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Canadi12
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 3:27 pm

Nice stuff, Craig! My favourite character is Luke Jedi as well! cheers

I picked this one up today. A MISB Rancor Cool

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Rancor10

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Rancor11

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Rancor12

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Rancor13
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 4:50 am

beautiful luke jedi additions Craig, glad the wait os over for you

sweet rancor !!
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 12:44 pm

Well done Craig that's awesome.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 11:25 am

JabbaWookie - congrats on that sweet Ben moc cheers
Broke - cool you snagged a Hollow Cheek Tubes Tusken cheers
Tommy - congrats on that MISB Rancor cheers
Bill - yet another cool coin cheers  How many's that now?
Craig, you get three cheery smilies for three outstanding Kenner Canada LJ mocs cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 4:36 pm

43 paul bounce only a few more left lol!

Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 6:22 pm

One holy grail I can check off the list!

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 37901610
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 12:58 pm

Tommy, that is brilliant, well done :clap: cheers

Yzerman wrote:
One holy grail I can check off the list!

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 37901610
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Hey Tommy!

Massive Kudos matey! cheers
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 2:11 pm

Thanks, Paul and Craig! I never thought I would buy one. I refused to pay IMO so much money for a little figure back in 2007. Now I paid 8 times that price :I am stupid: :I am stupid: :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Took me a while but I finally got examples of Japanese Chirashi mini posters for the Original Trilogy, Prequel Trilogy, the two from the Sequel Trilogy so far and the two standalones plus variants.
Still chasing a few other variants but all films accounted for in the franchise so far cheers

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Tvta_t11

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Tvta_t12

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Tvta_t10

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Tvta_t13

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Tvta_t14

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Tvta_t10

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Tvta_t11

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Tvta_t12

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Tvta_t15

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Tvta_t13

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Tvta_t14
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Tommy: know what you mean; just sold mine in part-payment to rebuy my Proof Sheet that I sold for the baby fund. It will cost me a fortune to buy another down the line.

But so glad you have acquired one now Smile

Paul: what can I say! WOW how long did it take to track down all thise posters; are you displaying them in rotation!?

I Remember a poster shop in my home town many moons ago (athena? Or something) that had the posters displayed in some sort of rack of frames that you could flick through the frames fast to see what posters you wanted.

Glad to see some new finds displayed!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Tommy - I agree, these days you have to bite the bullet if you want something fairly rare.

Craig - Thanks. Yeah I remember the Athena posters and ones similar. You'd flip through the giant pages, note the number then take the corresponding rolled up poster stored below it. Neat system. My Chirashi posters are only small and easily stored in a nice folder.
Remind what the proof was you're rebuying? Great you can get hold of it again.
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 3:49 pm

Paul,
Those are killer posters. Very nice. I have one or two japanese posters on my way to Sweden. Will be happy to show them off once they arrive. They are not any of the ones you showed off.

Congrats on a great run of posters.

Craig, it was all about timing when buyng the VCJ. I had the money in hand and it surfaced this really nice one. I think I paid a pretty fair price for it considering it was graded and an AFA 85 nm+. I reckon it will only increase in value over time. Not that I ever believe it will be up for sale Smile
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 am

Paul those posters are amazing . i used to collect horror posters and the chirashi ones are very cool and always well done . i also love how small they are as you could display alot in a small area cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 3:50 am

hellhippie wrote:
Paul those posters are amazing . i used to collect horror posters and the chirashi ones are very cool and always well done . i also love how small they are as you could display alot in a small area cheers cheers

Cheers Bill. How's goes it, haven't seen you about in a while, still collecting?

You're right about displaying the mini posters - I've manage to acquire a few doubles and these have gone into clip frames on the wall. They look absolutely brilliant and take up hardly any space.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 5:14 am

Some more paper works to add. 1978 Star Wars Weekly UK competition pages for Ingersol and Texas Instruments watches, Bath Bubbles and 8mm Home Movies. An ESB Weekly ad, and a US Star Comics ad featuring The Ewoks.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Star_w11

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Star_w13

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Star_w12

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Star_w10

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Sw-wee11

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 Star_c10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 35 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 35 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next