The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Thanks, I checked out Oscars cases and those are really nice. I'm going to have to get some.

Today's mail. I got in a complete Tusken Raider that I bought just for the staff. I got 2 Bespin blasters also. I'm disappointed in the shape that the A-wing pilot is in. He just doesn't look good:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 QEO5jDF

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 3e8t9kR

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 SzAoN92
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 6:42 pm

The awing pilot and imperial dignitary both had heads molded in darker colors and it makes them look goofy when they have nose rubs. Rubs elsewhere aren't as noticeable as the face since it makes a brown (purple on the dignitary) spot show on the face.

Besides Oscar cases there are other case alternatives. In fact being in the UK, as Craig is, I would check gw acrylic before i would try to source from Oscar. Gw has both US and UK distribution and they make super products also. Iain, itfciain (or some similar username) is a direct distributor for them. Gw has a thread in the sales section here that is stickied if anyone needs to find them.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Yeah I'm already thinking of replacing this one. It's just not that great. It's ok, but not what I want.

This is today's mail Plus a beater x-wing pilot for the back slot of my Snowspeeder, beater luke jedi for my Jabba playset and luke bespin that just came with the lot. He actually looks great.:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 YEWiIO3
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Beer in hand and a quick look at what’s been incoming…

hellhippie wrote:
nice rebo band and book Craig!!! love that book!!!!

Thanks Bill, the book is really great. Rebo has a small bit of discolouration but they are all are in lovely condition.

Broke wrote:
Woah vinyl cape. That's one I'm sure I'll never get. He looks fabulous. Congrats on that huge score.  

“The Vinyl Cape Jawa … Get it … You Will” (Wave of Yoda's Hand)

trappedtexan wrote:
Nice VC jawa Craig. I am not a fan of graded but since it is already, I don't know if I would bust it out or not.
Broke here is Oscars site: http://www.oscarscases.com
He is in Mexico and has been making display acrylic star wars cases for a long while now.

Thanks Bryan, I think I know what you mean. I understand as I soon as I break it open, it will lose providence of authenticity. I just want him to join his plastic family. I was thinking of keeping him sealed and using him to help pay for my childhood VC Jawa if it ever resurfaces. My DT Luke turned-up recently, so to you never know!
Guys I think I got my wires crossed – But I was actually  thinking of Galactic Womble, not Oscar sorry (as I am based in the UK) – here his individual cases:
http://www.gwacrylic.co.uk/store/product/afc-002-loose-action-figure-display-case-standard
I got the tip from Aussie’s Christmas wish list (AJ: Cheers Fella) .

TheSchwartz wrote:

Broke: Excellent Haul, your pace is lightning fast.
Craig:  Awesome VC Jawa I would love to pick one up at some point.  Well done Sir!

Ditto! Broke is like a Machine! Thanks Schwarzt I am happy to get one back  

ArtooDetour wrote:
Congrats Broke on fitting out your figures with the new authentic weapons!

Craig - congrats on the VCJ, what a beauty cheers  look forward to seeing him out of the case! Congrats too on the Sy Snootles band!  
Craig was good enough to send me his X Wing pilot Ackbar to go with my growing custom X-Wing pilots and personnel.
Here's a new group shot. Thanks again Craig!

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 X_wing10

Glad it arrived safely, took me ages to carve Luke’s decapitated head out of that helmet – so don’t lose it LOL.

Seriously though that one Uber excellent line up of rogue squadron! And I am glad it will be loved there. Your photography is excellent! What Camera do you use? I bought the wife a Cannon (hoping to by a Macro lense and stand/mini studio for my Star Wars photos), but at the moment the iphone doing a decent job.

Broke wrote:
Thanks, I checked out Oscars cases and those are really nice. I'm going to have to get some.
Today's mail. I got in a complete Tusken Raider that I bought just for the staff. I got 2 Bespin blasters also. I'm disappointed in the shape that the A-wing pilot is in. He just doesn't look good:

That a shame about A-wing, how come you didn’t see the damage when you were buying? Did the owner show you another A-wing, is there any way you get you money back?
Bryan – yeah thanks bud, I didn’t realise my mistake until you mention it ; Cheers!
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 4:19 pm

@Broke - Nice haul(s)! Glad to see the repros are out of the window.

Look up the fastest record time for completing a collection..'cause I think you're gonna' beat it! lol!

@Craig T - Super blue Max Rebo there! Pretty awesome. And super congrats to the VC Jawa. I would break him out as well Cool

@Artoo_Detour - Great picture, Paul. Looks like a cool little academy you're running there. Surprised

Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 4:24 pm

I missed a $199 Yak Face today on a Facebook group by 5 minutes. I am kicking myself. That would be the one I need to score the most because it's the hardest to find right now.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 4:29 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:

I admittedly didn't have a clue what I was doing at that time. This is where I was "Schooled"
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Broke wrote:
I missed a $199 Yak Face today on a Facebook group by 5 minutes. I am kicking myself. That would be the one I need to score the most because it's the hardest to find right now.

That's strangely a really great price, too. Was anything wrong with it? Was it complete?
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 1:01 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
Broke wrote:

That's strangely a really great price, too. Was anything wrong with it? Was it complete?

Missing staff but great shape
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 8:00 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:

Look up the fastest record time for completing a collection..'cause I think you're gonna' beat it! lol!

@Craig T - Super blue Max Rebo there! Pretty awesome. And super congrats to the VC Jawa. I would break him out as well  Cool

@Artoo_Detour - Great picture, Paul. Looks like a cool little academy you're running there.  Surprised

Thanks Matt.

Agree Broke is seriously going for it - Broke which figures do you need to complete apart from Yak?

I think we should make Paul buy at least six X-wings - one for each of his grunts lol!

Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 8:16 pm

A little something to add.

An imperial probe droid:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 Probe_10

And this Darth:

It has really shiny boots, 2 line COO, but also a letter stamped on the lightsabre hilt. I am wondering if it is an early version???

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 Darth_11

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 Darth_18

I will try to get a clear shot of the COO and hilt tomorrow in daylight.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 Darth_19

I plan to do some digging on the TIG to see what I have.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 3:52 pm

Nice vader and probe droid. Plan on getting the playset for the droid?
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 5:48 pm

He can't not get the playset now! lol!

Nice stuff! @Craig T

Lots of fuel keeping the thread alive. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 4:46 am

Thanks guys ... heh heh it would very bad if I went for that right now... "No more this month" 'echoed' from the front room, when I threw it out there!

I have the imperial attack base, but buying the Probot and Cannon playset has always fell through. Maybe picking up some of the missing MIB toys would be a cool side focus after I get a complete set of mint and accurate figures.

Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 5:31 am

nice stuff guys ,

Craig if its letterered its early on vaders hilt .

i got a sweet apple green head Poch yoda , he's minty for a poch figure too
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 Poch_a11
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 11:12 am

:Drool:

Jealous, Bill. Congrats! cheers

Speaking of Yoda, I picked this up at a flea market in Virginia for a buck.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 20170918

And a few pictures of some of the games on the inside:
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 20170919
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 20170916
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 20170920
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 20170917
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 12:07 pm

[/quote]

Thanks Matt.

Agree Broke is seriously going for it - Broke which figures do you need to complete apart from Yak?

I think we should make Paul buy at least six X-wings - one for each of his grunts  lol!

[/quote]

I need:

Yak face
Lumat
Paploo
Romba
Warok
Imperial gunner
Lando general
Amanaman
EV 9D9
Luke Stormtrooper
Imperial Dignitary
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 8:57 am

Craig - congrats on the Vader, and an early lettered saber is a bonus cheers
The camera I use is a Fujifilm X-S1. A good camera though I rarely stray away from auto mode. Having good light helps, and I need to get some new and bigger backing cards as mine are getting on.

Bill - love that Poch Yoda, congrats! cheers

Matt - awesome Yoda book, love those sort of oddball things with their line drawings and puzles. The crossword grid shape on Vader's face is perfect cheers
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 9:59 am

Craig T wrote:
Thanks guys ... heh heh it would very bad if I went for that right now... "No more this month" 'echoed' from the front room, when I threw it out there!

I have the imperial attack base, but buying the Probot and Cannon playset has always fell through. Maybe picking up some of the missing MIB toys would be a cool side focus after I get a complete set of mint and accurate figures.

How close are you to a complete set?

People keep asking me what's next and I think getting the right colors for guns is going to be next. I have the correct guns but haven't ventured totally into the correct colors. So I know I probably have at least 30% wrong.

Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 12:01 pm

Just a few more:

I think the Klaatu Skiff Guard is the only new one here:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 C1akLjM

All new:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 QF92W7Y
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 12:39 pm

Are you focusing more on completing the figures, or getting your weapon situation straight?

All of the figures look really minty. Any you want to replace?
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 12:45 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:

Are you focusing more on completing the figures, or getting your weapon situation straight?

Completing figures then getting weapon situation straight which should be fairly simple.

I want to replace my A wing pilot who looks like 9 miles of bad road.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Broke wrote:
darthmatt22 wrote:

Completing figures then getting weapon situation straight which should be fairly simple.

Yeah, because of the nose rub. It took me longer than expected to get an Imperial Dignitary because of that.

Good idea, though. Any specific ones that you're saving for absolute last?
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 8:47 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
Broke wrote:
darthmatt22 wrote:

Yeah, because of the nose rub. It took me longer than expected to get an Imperial Dignitary because of that.

Good idea, though. Any specific ones that you're saving for absolute last?

I bought amanaman and Luke stormtrooper today. I think yak face for the grand finale???

9 more to go
Back to top Go down
centurio
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 11:33 am

my last purchases,

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 M33p

Some items I had with a friend for free, I will check for authenticity later

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 Brz3

A strange gun, does anyone know the origin of this weapon

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 964g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 23 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 23 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next