The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bababooeyfett

I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card Empty
PostSubject: I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card   I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 6:20 pm

My dog got to a few of my vintage star wars. One of which was a carded Walrus Man. Damage was done, the figure was out. Never noticed before, but it was a PBP Walrus Man, shiny boots and scar, only a "1" on back of boot, and overly painted white tusks. I took the blaster out. It was a PBP blaster. The card is a regular Kenner card, with Made In Hong Kong on the back. I never new this was normal for PBP figure to be carded on regular Kenner, made in Hong Kong. Is this a norm or an anomaly? Thanks
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card   I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 12:23 am

I knew some say made in Spain and have pbp figures, but did not know the made in Hong Kong cards had them. Possible the coo is shared by kenner and pbp so it may be a kenner figure. I have not been studying pbp/poch stuff since I heard about javi's book.
Back to top Go down
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bababooeyfett

PostSubject: Re: I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card   I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:41 am

Thanks, I have to study the PBP's myself

Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card   I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 7:39 am

I don't know anything about carded items . I do know that a 1" remaining walrusman is 100% a pbp figure not kenner
Back to top Go down
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bababooeyfett

PostSubject: Re: I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card   I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Fyi: it is a 77 card back. On the back, it is dated (LFL 1984). I don't know if that matters. It is definitely PBP and the blaster is a V6 or V7, they look similar, having the "bar" beneath the clip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card   I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I did not know this...PBP/ Hong Kong card

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1