The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy! Empty
PostSubject: Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy!   Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 10:16 am

Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy! Tumblr11

The Star Wars franchise has brought many defining moments to (cinema) history.

Between it's record-breaking sales in tickets and merchandising, to it's world renown popularity, there is something for everyone within these magical movies!  

With that being said, let's hear your TOP 3 FAVORITE scenes, moments or life experiences that the Original Trilogy has brought!

Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy! Ec01f010
Back to top Go down
CorporateSlave
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy!   Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 2:59 pm

Ok, I'll go first:

1) ANH - When Luke turns off his targeting computer during the final assault on the Death Star. I can still give myself goosebumps by replaying that scene in my memory.

2) ANH - Of course, also shortly thereafter when the Millenium Falcon flies in and blasts Vader's wingman, saving Luke's X-Wing. Anyone who doesn't cheer inside (and/or aloud) when this happens has no soul!

3) ROTJ - Howl all you want haters, but definitely that moment when the Ewoks blow their war trumpets and pop up en masse from the underbrush for the surprise attack on the Imperial forces who have captured the rebel commandos.

Honorable Mention: 4th may be in ROTJ when Luke almost goes over to the Dark Side to defeat Vader in the Emperor's Throne Room when Vader taunts him about Leia.

A distant, distant 5th would be in ESB when Luke lets go and falls into the depths of Bespin rather than surrender to Vader after losing the lightsaber duel (and his hand). The following split screen wipe transition group "Force phone call" between Luke, Vader, and Leia has always, for me, been the most awkward, teeth gritting moment of the OT for me (at least Kenobi has the class not to pick up), and always kept ESB as my least favorite of the three.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy!   Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 4:08 pm

Curses Matt, this is too hard to narrow down Angry SW  so I'm going to pick a few Very Happy  

From SW.... R2-D2 (RIP Kenny) relaying Leia's secret message to Ben and Luke. As a kid I was blown away by the hologram appearing from a robot idea, and it really set the adventure off for me.
The whole Cantina thing - the aliens, Ben getting choppy, Han shooting Greedo first cheers
X-Wing vs Imperial dogfights!!

From ESB... the Hoth battle scenes are still impressive, those snow speeders vs AT ATs!
The Dagobah scenes were a great introduction to Yoda and the mystery of the Force.
The reveal that Vader is Luke's dad!

From ROTJ... Leia, Oola, Bib, Gammy guards, the Rancor monster, everything about Jabba's palace really!

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy!   Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 1:26 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Curses Matt, this is too hard to narrow down  Angry SW  so I'm going to pick a few Very Happy  

See, it wasn't that hard!  Laughing

So far so good with choices, guys! I think I'll let a few more people answer and I'll give my top favorites!  cheers
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy!   Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 6:40 pm

This is one of your hardest questions yet!
unsure
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy!   Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 1:25 am

Going to :bump: this in case anyone else wants to participate. Laughing
Back to top Go down
spacer
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy!   Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 5:35 am

I'm going to go with the "slight weapons malfunction" Very Happy

For my second, "Listen to them, they're dying, R2. Curse my metal body. I wasn't fast enough"

For a third - "Boy, you said it, Chewie. Where did you dig up that old fossil?"
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy!   Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 3:46 am

spacer wrote:

For my second, "Listen to them, they're dying, R2. Curse my metal body. I wasn't fast enough"

Agree, that was a top moment. With all the communication skills 3PO has, he totally misinterprets that one cheers

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy!   Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 8:43 am

Going to :bump: this in case anyone missed out!

New season of QOTW/Top Favorite Lists/Quiz of the Week starts soon! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy!   Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 7:34 am

ROTJ- when luke won't give in to dark side and vader has had enough of the emperor, Luke is being fried and his father steps in 'NO' then picks up the emperor and lobs him into the reactor. The scene after when he drags Vader back to the shuttle always gets me as well.

ROTJ- When Leia haggles jabba for Chewie using the thermal detonator.

ANH- All landspeeder scenes blew me away as a kid, a ship that hovers!!!

ESB- is my favorite film, so many good bits and quotes, but planet hoth, cloud city!! amazing.

There is too much to mention!!!! But any scene with Leia gets my vote :Drool:
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy!   Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 9:37 am

Awesome picks, guys!

And for mine:

- ROTJ; Han Solo & Carbonite: As a kid, I couldn't comprehend how one of the main characters was just taken away from us like that (thank God shows like Walking Dead and Game of Thrones wasn't out back then! Laughing ) and I thought it would be impossible for Han to be brought back. I guess I wasn't too far off from a non-movie standpoint, right?

- ESB; Luke, his Dad, and the Wampa: I really enjoyed the foreshadowing of the Wampa scene. Luke cutting off the arm, then having his hand cut off later by DV. Not to mention, in this movie you saw Luke at an all time low (physically, emotionally) and how he had to cope.

- ESB/ROTJ; Yoda Scenes: Aside from being my favorite character, it's a perfect example of how not to judge a book by it's cover. So little, so wise!

- ANH; Introduction to the Lightsaber: The minute Luke powered on the 'saber, I was hooked!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy!   Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 10:15 am

ANH - "Somebody move this Walking Carpet". I have no idea why I found this so funny as a kid, but I remember thinking it's comedy gold.

ROTJ - When the Falcon shoots the outer strut of the Death Star's main reactor and it drops onto the base the music has a brass movement that sort of tells you it's a success (if that makes sense) and then they start to outrun the explosion. Loved that moment.

My biggest though is the Luke v Vader fight in ROTJ and again the music plays a part in it. That baritone choir chant is perfect for the scene. When Vader says "then perhaps she will" and Luke explodes with rage gives me goosbumps

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy!   Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 3 Favorite Star Wars Moments - Original Trilogy!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1