The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff Empty
PostSubject: My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff   My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 11:54 am

Hey everyone

You may (or may not) have noticed my absence since late June. I wanted to just give a little update for those who don't know why and also give my thanks (in alphabetical order) to AJ, Bryan, Mark, Matt, Paul and Stef for taking the reins of both TIG and IG.

On June 27th I my phone rang and I saw if was my wife Ginger. When I answered it a voice I never heard before said "Is this John?" and one on Ginger's coworkers told me that she was heading to the hospital with severe pain in her back and chest. She told them that she thought her Aorta tore (it's the heart's main Artery) and was sure that it's what happened. Ginger and my kids have Marfan's Syndrome and a weak Aorta is a very real issue among those who have it so she knew that this could be it.

I flew down to the hospital and met her in the Emergency Room where we got confirmation that is was a Aortic dissection that went the length of the entire artery. As this point we were waiting for surgeons and staff to figure out what needed to happen. Ginger asked to see the kids in case this was it, we had a Priest come and bless her and we prayed while the Dr's figured out what to do. After scans and tests we learned that the dissection didn't tear out the outermost layer of the artery, which is pretty much why she's lived, and that it was holding steady. She was moved to ICU and stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks. The surgeons do not want to operate on her while the artery is inflamed and irritated so she's being medicated to keep blood pressure very low and heartbeat slow. As you can imagine, she can tire very easy and simple things like steps are a bit of a challenge. She's also not allowed to work, drive, drink, lift, etc. which is driving her mad since she is a very outgoing person (the opposite of me).  Ginger is now home resting while we wait and we've met with surgeons at Johns Hopkins in Maryland who will be the place we go when the time comes.

Obviously, Star Wars and essentially everything else are just background noise to me right now. I've tried to do some stuff but not with much passion. I think an experience like this gives real perspective on life. Thinking about getting mad over a FS, a bitter member, a debate on a variant,etc makes me shake my head, it's so petty and insignificant.

As for the sites, I can't begin to thank the TIG staff enough. This came out of nowhere and I just vanished. They have all stepped up and just have offered support in so many ways. A get well card, a quick text asking how she is, an IM ,etc. I am really fortunate to have this group in place. TIG is in good hands. I think that the community is fortunate to have them dedicating so much to making TIG thrive as well.

Last edited by DarthBerizing on Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff   My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 12:36 pm

John, you know she is still in my family prayers that we say nightly.

I don't know how many of us have been in a similar position but it is never good news when you get a call similar to this. The worry and stress is not easy to bear for the entire family. Believing you may lose your partner, spouse, closest friend with the passing of one person is hard. If there is anything I can do John, DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK.

As for the sites, the team is here so the sites are fine for now.
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff   My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 1:30 pm

All the best to your wife and family, John.

All of you will be in my thoughts... Thank you for the update
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff   My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 5:15 pm

wow John , thanks for the update and your family will be in my thought and prayers .
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff   My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Wishing you and yours all the best mate

Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff   My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 12:29 am

Wishing Ginger and you all the best, will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
While I don't post here everyday, I visit here every day, and also wanted to say thanks to all the TIG team
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff   My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 5:55 am

Wishing you and your family the strength to get through this. Family will always come first over Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff   My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 12:41 pm

Thoughts and prayers for your wife, you, and your family.
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: Re: My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff   My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 9:29 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are sent to your family, JP. Hope your wife is on the mend. :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff   My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My notable absence and thank you to the TIG staff

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1