The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reproduction Amanaman Staff

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Reproduction Amanaman Staff Empty
PostSubject: Reproduction Amanaman Staff   Reproduction Amanaman Staff I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:38 am

Ok from the same Dutch seller of the repro Yoda snake & lots more repro crap is:
Reproduction Amanaman Staff SDC11572
Reproduction Amanaman Staff SDC11573
Reproduction Amanaman Staff SDC11575
The reproduction is on the left. Slight colour difference to the skulls, mold seam is not perfect & it FLOATS- just like the repro Yoda snake. So most real weapons float BUT real vintage snakes & Amanaman staffs sink.(there are other real accessories that sink) I hate to say it but these new reproductions are very well made Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Amanaman Staff   Reproduction Amanaman Staff I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:45 am

Man these scammer's are realy getting good at their craft.

Great work James,man those staff's look so similar,i fear the vintage era is going to be taken over realy bad in 5 year's. Fakes will look, feal,weigh, and everything else the same before we know it.

What type of people do this shit.money hungry asses or just pathedic ahole's that are miserable.or both?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Amanaman Staff   Reproduction Amanaman Staff I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 6:49 am

Christ that is close Shocked

If you didn't have another on hand to compare it would be a different story Sad

Why can't they see they are killing the hobby with this shit!

Good work James.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Amanaman Staff   Reproduction Amanaman Staff I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:49 pm

All they see is $$$$$$$$ they could care less about the hobby. I feel for anyone starting out having to learn all this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Amanaman Staff   Reproduction Amanaman Staff I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:44 am

Your second picture was quite good AJ!

Its just going to be easy for me to take the pictures under the same conditions as the others tbh the seller lists on different countries on ebay so i bough the Anamanaman Staff for 10 Euros which worked out at just over 8GBP so not to bad!

I also thought it would be good to take a group shot of them all together for the new guide Smile

Good description btw - The reproduction is on the left. Slight colour difference to the skulls, mold seam is not perfect & it FLOATS- just like the repro Yoda snake. So most real weapons float BUT real vintage snakes & Amanaman staffs sink.(there are other real accessories that sink) I hate to say it but these new reproductions are very well made Twisted Evil

Its pretty shocking how close these are to the Originals!

AJ Can you do a float test on your original Madine Staffs and Pruneface Rifles buddy?

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Amanaman Staff   Reproduction Amanaman Staff I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:21 am

jaymassive619 wrote:

AJ Can you do a float test on your original Madine Staffs and Pruneface Rifles buddy?

Cheers Jay
3 floating Madine staffs & 3 floating Pruneface rifles.

I think these are both V1 but the one on the left is shorter & slightly thinner :scratch:
Reproduction Amanaman Staff SDC11595
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Amanaman Staff   Reproduction Amanaman Staff I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:31 am

Great AJ Hmm so the Madine Staff and Pruneface Rifle Originals Float :scratch:

Lets hope when the REPRO's of these weapons arrive at my house and i can take high res pictures we can find some physical factors to tell them apart!
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Amanaman Staff   Reproduction Amanaman Staff I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:06 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Star-Wars-AMANAMAN-STAFF-FREE-UK-POST-/150460784561?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item2308295fb1

Angry SW
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Amanaman Staff   Reproduction Amanaman Staff I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Capetown wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Star-Wars-AMANAMAN-STAFF-FREE-UK-POST-/150460784561?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item2308295fb1

Angry SW

It seems quite a few people are starting to sell the new REPRO's now Sad

"It even floats" obviously the idiot doesnt realise that the originals actually sink thank god at least that can tell them apart!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Amanaman Staff   Reproduction Amanaman Staff I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 5:48 am

I don't think we have to worry about knowing if this is repro Rolling Eyes
Reproduction Amanaman Staff Amanamanrepro
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Amanaman Staff   Reproduction Amanaman Staff I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:05 pm

True on that AJ, but something altogether instead. I'll keep the what for now, but most are probally thinking the same thing. And that will be bad all around.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Amanaman Staff   Reproduction Amanaman Staff I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Hey it's one of those variations.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Amanaman Staff   Reproduction Amanaman Staff I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Tiefighterboy wrote:
Laughing Rare and valuable- gotta be worth at least $1000 (Zimbabwe dollars) Razz
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Amanaman Staff   Reproduction Amanaman Staff I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:23 pm

Tiefighterboy wrote:

rofl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction Amanaman Staff   Reproduction Amanaman Staff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reproduction Amanaman Staff

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1