The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 5:54 pm

Great reference Bryan.

I'd also really like to add this about the Tusken Raiders, per Wookiepedia:

"At the age of 15, a Tusken became an adult, and had to slay a krayt dragon and cut out the precious pearl found in its stomach."

You wouldn't think much of them combat wise, but just look at the size of this thing!

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 Krayt-10

And here's a partial skeleton in ANH:

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 W71yf10

I think the Raiders are more formidable than we make them out to be, which is one of the primary reasons I chose them as an option. Such a rich history because of their rites of passage, how each stick is unique to the warrior and also how they're given a Bantha that matches their gender early on. They share a bond so strong with it and even when the 'Raiders are married off, their banthas mate as well. And if one Bantha dies, the other dies shortly after.. then the grave at which it is buried at is treated with the utmost respect. So cool!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 6:04 pm

Pekt was a character from a roleplay game. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pekt

The tuskans closely resemble wild west native americans to me. Many deep customs and rights of passage ingrained. I think they would be formidable, but at the end of the day they are humanoid and cant see infrared nor do I think they would fare well in the jungle. Assuming since you said they adapted they have at least gotten come camouflage clothing so the light brown sand colored cloaks don't stand out.

I haven't decided yet how I want to approach this battle. think I know how I want it to end so taking who I want to win, I am trying to work backwards to a beginning.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 6:07 pm

Wow i never realised!! Thanks Matt, i guess there like nahhvi(dont know how to spell it) tribe in avatar with there animal bonding? and that is a dragon without wings!! A Tusken really!! I guess all i have seen of them is the clumsy costumes in the films and i went on that, i did know about there sniping skills from the films but not really much else other than they were thoughtless lunatics lol!! but you have opened my eyes Very Happy

Just read the link Bryan Thanks mate Smile
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 12:36 am

It'd be pretty sweet if they got more screen time in the new (but prequel) movies like Rogue One.. imagine those combat scenes!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 6:46 pm

Be kind gentlemen. I just typed this out really quick but this is how I picture the battle going.

As the sounds from the jungle are heard the trandoshans see 3 figures high in the trees. The predators cloaking device is of no use to the reptilian trandoshans. The trandoshan king order his fellow trandoshans to open fire. The tuskens are startled by this action as they see nothing in the trees. Realizing they have the chance to slip away from an unknown danger they begin to make their way back to their camp. This leaves just the trandoshan mob and the predators to battle for the moment.

One predator cries out as a blaster bolt strikes its flesh. It is a superficial wound of his arm, but it begins to flow green flourescent blood. The trandoshans have the advantage at the moment and the predators realize this as they begin to descend from the tree tops to take the battle to the ground. They retreat slightly to try to gain a more tactical position. They realize this may be their greatest hunt that they have ever participated in.

As they retreat the trandoshans hold their ground at first, but the scent of he blood in the air begins to drive them crazy. The youngest of them advances as he wants to taste the source of this blood. An animal instinct kicks in and he doesn't realize he is advancing into a deathtrap. He breaks through the thick brush and sees the trail of blood going into a clearing in the wooded area. He begins running when he sees some red dots appear on his chest. He comes to a full stop just as a bolt of energy rips his chest open leaving him dead on his feet. His body goes limp and as he falls the rest of the trandoshan pack is right behind him seeing what has occurred. They now realize they and the tuskens are not the only ones with guns.

A creek is located beside the clearing and the trandoshan king and one of his warriors make their way over to it. They can no longer see the threats they know are in the woods. Like crafty crocodiles they swim low in the creek trying to flank the position they believe the predators may be at.

As the predators regroup the wounded realizes he is giving their position away and takes it upon himself to go away from the other two. The three split up realizing that they gain more advantage by not being in a close group but spread out they can make their numbers seem larger and attack from different locations. One of the predators goes just a short distance from the creek while the wounded one is making a very obvious trail in the middle of the clearing and the last goes to the far side of the clearing. This creates a crossfire situation so if the trandoshans follow the trail they will be drawn in the middle of the other two on the sides.

The two trandoshans following the wounded predators scent realize to late that they have been set up in an ambush as they are ripped apart by weapon fire from either side. The king trandoshan and one warrior being in the creek now see the predator who is closest to them and realize they have him distracted by the sacrifice of the other two warriors. The begin to sneak up on the predator and take aim. The warrior with the chief makes a splashing sound as he rises from the water. The predator turns and quickly jumps into the water using his two bladed fist weapon to dispatch the trandoshan warrior. The king realizes this is his chance. He is to close to raise his rifle and it happened so fast he doesn't have time to grab a blade. He strikes using the best weapon he has......his teeth. As he bites the predator in the neck and his teeth sink in he knows he has delivered a death blow. Clamping his jaws shut he rips a large portion of the predator's flesh from its body. The predator turns from reflex and falls into the water. The chief wanting to make sure he is dead follows in the water and clamps his jaws down again on the throat this time severing the head from the predator. The other two predator hear the fight and rush to the scene in time to see all the warm bodies disappear into the water. Not knowing the reptile can stay under water for an extended period they begin to just rapid fire into the water. They don't know that they have hit the king. One of their bolts cuts the kings arm off as he delves deeper into the water and swims away from the attack. The trandoshan king is now one armed and injured, but he also now knows that these monsters see in the infrared range just like him and he also knows they can bleed and be killed.

The predators wait for several minutes but nothing emerges from the water. They now turn back and head toward the tuskens who have taken one of their kin as a trophy.

As the tuskens get back to their camp they drop the trophy in the kings hut and gather their long range rifles. They get to some high points and take position. Four sharp shooters are positioned around the camp and the king and three warriors are huddled in the middle of the camp to await what comes.

The predators stop as the wounded arm one opens a device that he makes fire in. He grabs some twigs and leaves and adds a chemical. He applies the concoction to his arm and screeches from the pain. The blood doesn't stop but doesn't flow freely as it was a moment ago. Not wanting to give up the advantage of being able to trail his prizes he reactivates his cloak and begins his ascent into the trees. The predators know they are two versus many, but they don't know if these tuskens can see them as the previous group had. They approach the camp from different sides knowing this will again give them an advantage making the warriors attack two different locations.

The predators can see the tusken sharp shooters who are lying in wait. They realize that the sharpshooters can not see them. The still wounded predator makes his way to get close and hopefully dispatch his prey quietly without alerting the larger group. As he makes it to a tree just above the sharpshooter a drop of bright green blood falls and hits the rifle scope of the tusken. He sees the drop and looks up just as two blades drive their way into his skull. He didn't even have time to scream.

Much in the same way the other sharp shooters are killed. Some were able to scream and the tusken chief knows they are dead. He yells for his remaining three warriors to surround him. It doesn't take long for the remaining tuskens to fall. Regardless of their skills they don't even see the attackers. The tusken chief realizes this is a lost cause. He grabs a thermal detonator and activates it holding it in his hands. As a bladed weapon drives its way into his abdomen he releases the device and a large blast goes off. One predator was still delivering the deathblow to the group of three tuskens that had surrounded the chief. He hears the detonator activate and looks over just in time to see the tusken war chief and his fellow predator get vaporized to ash.

As the smoke clears the predator realizes he is now alone. The last hunter. He knows this will be a story to tell when he rejoins his race and he begins to gather his trophies. He reaches down to remove the skull from one of the sharpshooters who were around the border of the camp. With his mind on gathering the trophies he doesn't hear the snap of the brush now does he even feel the knife blade as it slashes his throat. He slumps to his knees as large teeth sink into his neck ripping the flesh from bone. The one armed trandoshan king stands victorious over the battle. He begins to consume the flesh of his enemy in order to replenish himself. He knows his arm will grow back with time and time is what he has. The battle is over and he is the lone victor.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 10:09 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
As he makes it to a tree just above the sharpshooter a drop of bright green blood falls and hits the rifle scope of the tusken.  He sees the drop and looks up just as two blades drive their way into his skull.  He didn't even have time to scream.

Such a perfect visual! Laughing

trappedtexan wrote:
The one armed trandoshan king stands victorious over the battle.  He begins to consume the flesh of his enemy in order to replenish himself.  He knows his arm will grow back with time and time is what he has.  The battle is over and he is the lone victor.

Another great use of the fact that Trandoshans are reptiles! I thought for sure you'd swing the way of the Predator at the end.. but nice touch with having the King of the Trandoshans come back in style. Cool
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 12:52 pm

Now thats a story!!!!!

Amazing detail, easy to follow all the way through and so graphic Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley

I think you have excellent skills Bryan and under estimate your own talents Very Happy

I loved the parts about teh trandoshans swimming under the water and teh fact you gave the predators the credit they deserve a sskilled warriors ( i didn't lol),
Excellent job mate- well done and massive kudos!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 1:07 pm

Sorry, this is mch longer than I thought it would be doh

The three predators waste no time in opening fire upon the startled band of Tuskens and Trandoshans. But the Predators are only toying with their enemy, testing them by firing low-impact lasers. Despite this, the surprise attack has taken down one Tusken and one Trandoshan - dead!

The King of the Trandoshans and the Chief of the Tuskens stare at one another and realise that they are now united - and that they must join forces against this unknown terror that has appeared before them in the jungle. Silently, they make a pact. It is an understanding that they are now brothers - for however short or long that will remain.

The King and the Chief order their soldiers away, and they each flee into the darkest depths of the jungle while under fire from the Predators - the Predators who have now increased their laser power to maximum.

Later, the Chief and the King formulate a plan. The Tusken party will use their skills to antagonise and draw out the predators - making the monsters chase them in the shadows. One young Tusken comes up with the idea of covering their garments and limbs with mud and clay - this will prevent the Predators from using their heat-seeking powers on us he says. The chief is impressed.

And as the Tuskens set about leading the Predators into a game of cat and mouse, the Trandoshans use their own hunting skills and heat-seeking powers to hunt down the Predators. The hunters are now the hunted!

All through the night screams are heard.

Two Predators are killed. Confused, ambushed, beaten, hacked, they die in agony. But their deaths come at a loss for the Tuskens and the Trandoshans too, who lose significant numbers.

Soon there is only one Predator left - the General. And all that remains of his enemy is the Chief of the Tuskens and the King of the Trandoshans. It is now a battle of leaders; of courage and guile.

Draw that final Predator out into the open, says the King to the Chieftain, and I will tear him limb from limb!

No, says the Chief, I have a better plan.

The King listens as the Chief explains his plan. It is a good plan he thinks. And for it to work, they will need the corpse of one of the defeated Predators.

As dawn begins to break over the jungle, the Predator General is hunting the Chief and the King. He can scent them nearby, and he prepares his weapons. But then he stops and looks ahead... there, standing before him, not even a short sprint away, is another Predator! Excellent, thinks the General, reinforcements have come! And he approaches this new Predator with his arms open wide in greeting. The new Predator stands there, his head lowered to the floor. There is something strange about this fellow warror, thinks the General... something not quite right... and as the General finally stands toe to toe with the strange Predator, he realises that he has been tricked... that the new Predator is merely one of his slain comrades... propped up on the jungle floor like a cruel mannequin...

The General spins around to face his enemy who has tricked him... but it is too late... the corpse of the slain Predator had been primed by the Chief and the King to self-desruct at the moment the General arrived. There is a loud explosion - and Predator body parts are scattered throughout the jungle.

As silence falls, the Chief and the King appear from the trees and survey their victory. They look at each other, and once more, without speaking, understand that they are brothers. And this is how they will remain.

Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 4:41 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
One young Tusken comes up with the idea of covering their garments and limbs with mud and clay - this will prevent the Predators from using their heat-seeking powers on us he says. The chief is impressed.

Awesome. You'd think with their history of sand, they'd be familiar with mud and clay, too!  Laughing

Artoo_Detour wrote:
 The General spins around to face his enemy who has tricked him... but it is too late... the corpse of the slain Predator had been primed by the Chief and the King to self-destruct at the moment the General arrived. There is a loud explosion - and Predator body parts are scattered throughout the jungle.

This would be a pretty wicked scene to see in a film. Good idea with their decoy set-up!

Artoo_Detour wrote:
As silence falls, the Chief and the King appear from the trees and survey their victory. They look at each other, and once more, without speaking, understand that they are brothers. And this is how they will remain.

Can you imagine some type of Trandoshan and Tusken hybrid? The ultimate warrior?

Nice job, Paul. And thank you guys for taking the time to create a well thought out response for this month's battle! Smile
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Nice stories this battle. Looks like paul and I both had an explosion in mind.lol! I rather enjoy writing these up for fun little reads. cheers
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 5:10 pm

Possible coincidence that Jim made this, but it fits in with the stories.

Posted today by Jim in tosche station:
Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 Pf10
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 10:55 pm

Well that was a different take on it fast paced and very well put, no mucking around straight into battle and the chief and king at the end becoming brothers- brilliant lol!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3