The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 10:55 am

I voted Tuskens and don't think they'd enjoy the snow so much. Be interesting seeing them haunting the corridors of the Deathstar, but I'll choose the jungle for them as I think they'll fair well in there.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 11:55 am

I fancy a battle in the jungle as it's my first go...BUT Iwould also love to see Sandpeople and Bossk & his mates skirmish together on the Death Star...
Which way to go... ...

...it's Death Star all the way... (Does that put Trando's to an advantage, don't their species know their way around a Death Star as a rule??). As I voted for them... alien ... Let's fight!
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 3:35 pm

I'm going with Kashyyyk!  Angry SW

Death Star - 2

Kashyyyk - 2
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 3:16 pm

Hmmm I want to go death star because I think the last vote will be trandos, but I am rooting for tuskens so I have to say kashyyyk incase they are the first side Smile

Thats my vote we need another to decide the warriors!! Somebody out there please.........
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 4:04 pm

Tuskens (both hollow tube and regular variants) Very Happy

Kashyyyk ... Hoth is too boring and the Death Star just keeps getting blown up.
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 4:06 pm

photo 9399w.jpg
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 4:31 pm

Thanks Beachboy19 cheers

Can we choose the other set of warriors now?

I wonder who they are I wouldnt mind a fairish match like stormies... only Matt knows???
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 5:21 pm

And with that, I'm going to go ahead and close the voting for the first combatant!

The winner is: TUSKEN RAIDERS

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 Star-w10

Stage voting will close tomorrow night just in case some people want to throw a few votes out there, but for right now:

Kashyyyk: 4

Death Star: 2

The other combatant(s) will be revealed when Battle of the Month: April 2016 drops...

NEXT WEEK!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 9:35 pm

Likely to be tuskens in a jungle. Dang. That's going to be kind of hard to see with desert people trying to survive a humid forest climate.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 11:00 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Likely to be tuskens in a jungle.  Dang.  That's going to be kind of hard to see with desert people trying to survive a humid forest climate.  

Survive being the key word.. there may be no winner in this one. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Stage voting is now closed with the winner being:

Kashyyyk!

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 300a-k10

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 Kashyy10

Stay tuned for next week's Battle of the Month!
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 5:47 pm

Oh...

Taz gets it now...

Another set of warriors to vote for

Sorry guys, it is my first battle. Doh!
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 11:40 pm

Taz wrote:
Oh...

Taz gets it now...

Another set of warriors to vote for

Sorry guys, it is my first battle.   Doh!

The community votes on one, I pick the other as a surprise!
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 12:14 pm

Within Kashyyk lies a small clan of Sand People -- exiled "for all eternity" by their former Chieftain.

Having been on the planet for some time now, the 'Raiders have already acclimated to their new surroundings, but still have reminders of their former home.

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 Kashyy11

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 27-05-10

Little did they know, however, they weren't the only exiled group to inhabit this lush planet...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One morning during a hunting party, the Tusken War Chief...

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 64f1a710

..and his best warrior...

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 Tusken11

..stumbled upon an object unknown to them:

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 Pred-s10

The War Chief decided it was worth bringing back to the rest of the clan for further evaluation. As the group made their way back to camp, a young Tusken Warrior noticed a strange marking carved into a tree...

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 349fc810

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Night has arrived at camp and the War Chief and his best warriors are sitting by the campfire staring down at the strange object.

Seconds later, rustling is heard near the tree line as the clan of Tusken Raiders are all alerted at once.

To their surprise, a shadowy figure jumps out through the trees:

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 Predat10

The 'Raiders have never seen anything like this, and before the War Chief can approach the creature, it open fires on the camp!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The sound of battle draws the attention of another nearby party who are fresh off of a Wookie hunt..

The Trandoshans..

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 Databa10
Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 Wookie10

led by a King of their own..

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 Trando11

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back at camp, there are many Tusken Raider casualties as the battle rages on.

The War Chief and his best warrior have held their own against this unknown Predator, but both have become fatigued beyond their normal standard.

As they are about to give up hope, and the Predator has his hand around the War Chief's throat, a shot is heard as the Predator screams in agony.

The Predator, distracted by where the shot came from, quickly scans the area to reveal the Trandoshan firing line within the trees.

As Predator goes in for the kill on the Tusken War Chief, his best warrior steps in the way and sacrifices himself instead.

Buying just enough time, the War Chief regains his posture and stabs the Predator through the back of the head.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Having ended the Predator's life, the Tusken Raider War Chief tells his warriors to bring the body back to camp for examination.

Before he can do so, however, the Trandoshans approach as they want the body for themselves. The King sees it as their greatest trophy to date.

As both sides argue, a horrendous sounds are heard..    

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both the Tusken Raiders and Trandoshans look out toward the tree line and can only imagine the horrors that are to come..

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 Predat11
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My question to you all is..

Who wins? Or... who survives?!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 12:33 pm

Awesome set up Matt, with a few nasty surprises cheers
I'm going to try and think of an outcome thinking

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 4:11 pm

Class Matt :clap: can I ask approx how many tuskens and trandoshans against the 3 predators please?

Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 4:46 pm

@Artoo_Detour

@Lobotic

Thanks!

P.S. 5 Trandoshans, 8 Tusken Raiders (after 4 were killed by the first Predator)

Keep in mind that each side has their War Chief and King.. tried and true warriors with tons of battle experience.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 4:50 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
@Artoo_Detour

@Lobotic

Thanks!

P.S. 5 Trandoshans, 8 Tusken Raiders

Ooh thats a toughie :scratch: need time for this one Smile
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Of course! It took a lot of prep time, so please take your time with an outcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 12:13 pm

Good lord.  Shocked   The setup is so detailed I don't know how to even begin on the battle now.

So we have:
1 tusken war chief/leader/King
7 tusken Warriors
1 trandoshan war chief/leader/King
4 trandoshan Warriors
3 predators (going by the pic and I think that is plenty)

Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Yeah, maybe I went a little bit overboard, but the TLDR;

8 Tusken Raiders including their War Chief

5 Trandoshans including their King

3 Predators

Would the Tusken Raiders and Trandoshans team-up? If not, it'll be one serious triple threat match!
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 10:52 am

So i will kick this off!!

For me there would be the tusken chief left at the end and all trandoshans.........

So here goes...............Both the trandoshans and Tuskens decide that if they kill the other 3 there will enough trophies for all, both parties find suitable places where they can defend/hold up.

Meanwhile the predators have used there cloaking devices and split to start there hunt.

Only 1 predator goes on the hunt for the Trandoshans....this is his story....the Trandoshans are very quiet and hard to approach so the Predator decides to use his cloaking device to try and mame/injure the 5 strong Trandoshans with one of his grenades, the Trandoshans are just the other side of a tree the Predator has managed to get to without making any noise, still with his cloaking device on he steps out from the cover of the tree and 3 Trandoshans look straight at him as if his invisibility cloak was broken, whilst stunned/figuring out how they could see him the 3 Trandoshans grabbed there weapons and started firing alerting the 2 others to his presence, the predator was hit at least twice before he could start his escape but he could not get away from the Trandoshans sight and was killed not a mile from where they started...(the Trandoshans being reptile see all living things through heat signature thus making the cloaking device useless against them,this would need to be confirmed)

the other 2 predators close in on the Tuskens....the first of the Tuskens to die comes with a wolverine like twin blade that seems to just appear from the front of his chest......his sqeauling startles the other Tuskens making them retreat to the place where there chief is holding up, there was now 6 raiders all posted around the chief waiting for the next attack, a blaster puts a massive hole through one of the more central Tuskens, all raiders concentrate on the target to the centre and start there attack on the lone predator, shooting wildly at moving bushes and trees they hear a weird howl as they wound the predator, the 5 Tuskens (after a long chase) crowd around the predator with gadaffi sticks held high shouting, they start to club the what seems to be laughing predator, actually he was laughing because he knew they were all going to die as he had set off his self destruct button and there was only 3-2-1..it was over, back with the only Tusken left the chief there was a strange feeling like he was being watched, he reached for his rifle and then it showed itself, a 7 foot warrior with weapon on his shoulder with 3 led lights seemed to be coming from it and working there way around the chiefs body slowly rising up to his forehead.....he is just about to call for his other Tusken warriors when the predator starts to be blown to pieces -the Trandoshans have caught up with the chief and not moment to soon.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 11:36 am

Lobotic wrote:
So i will kick this off!!

For me there would be the tusken chief left at the end and all trandoshans.........

So here goes...............Both the trandoshans and Tuskens decide that if they kill the other 3 there will enough trophies for all, both parties find suitable places where they can defend/hold up.

Meanwhile the predators have used there cloaking devices and split to start there hunt.

Only 1 predator goes on the hunt for the Trandoshans....this is his story....the Trandoshans are very quiet and hard to approach so the Predator decides to use his cloaking device to try and mame/injure the 5 strong Trandoshans with one of his grenades, the Trandoshans are just the other side of a tree the Predator has managed to get to without making any noise, still with his cloaking device on he steps out from the cover of the tree and 3 Trandoshans look straight at him as if his invisibility cloak was broken, whilst stunned/figuring out how they could see him the 3 Trandoshans grabbed there weapons and started firing alerting the 2 others to his presence, the predator was hit at least twice before he could start his escape but he could not get away from the Trandoshans sight and was killed not a mile from where they started...(the Trandoshans being reptile see all living things through heat signature thus making the cloaking device useless against them,this would need to be confirmed)

This is great! Even though the Predator has heat signature readings.. he's in for a taste of his own medicine! Nice thinking.

Lobotic wrote:
the other 2 predators close in on the Tuskens....the first of the Tuskens to die comes with a wolverine like twin blade that seems to just appear from the front of his chest......his sqeauling startles the other Tuskens making them retreat to the place where there chief is holding up, there was now 6 raiders all posted around the chief waiting for the next attack, a blaster puts a massive hole through one of the more central Tuskens, all raiders concentrate on the target to the centre and start there attack on the lone predator, shooting wildly at moving bushes and trees they hear a weird howl as they wound the predator, the 5 Tuskens (after a long chase) crowd around the predator with gadaffi sticks held high shouting, they start to club the what seems to be laughing predator, actually he was laughing because he knew they were all going to die as he had set off his self destruct button and there was only 3-2-1..it was over, back with the only Tusken left the chief there was a strange feeling like he was being watched, he reached for his rifle and then it showed itself, a 7 foot warrior with weapon on his shoulder with 3 led lights seemed to be coming from it and working there way around the chiefs body slowly rising up to his forehead.....he is just about to call for his other Tusken warriors when the predator starts to be blown to pieces -the Trandoshans have caught up with the chief and not moment to soon.

Man, poor Tuskens.. but at least the War Chief survived this scenario, right? But since he's clearly outnumbered by the Trandoshans now.. what's to keep them from taking his head as a trophy? Those reptiles are nasty folk. No
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 11:47 am

Lobotic wrote:
(the Trandoshans being reptile see all living things through heat signature thus making the cloaking device useless against them,this would need to be confirmed)

I would say confirmed

From wookipedia:
Trandoshans, or T'doshok in Dosh, were large, bipedal reptilian humanoids from the planet of Trandosha (or Dosha). They had sensitive eyes that could see into the infrared range and the ability to regenerate lost limbs—albeit slowly—and were anatomically built heavier and stronger than most humanoids, including Humans. They would also periodically shed their skin. Unlike some other reptilian humanoids, such as the Barabels and the Ssi-ruuk, Trandoshans had no tails. The Trandoshans were a warlike species who allied early with the Empire, taking Wookiees as slaves. A notable Trandoshan was Bossk, who was a longtime enemy of Han Solo, Chewbacca the Wookiee, and Boba Fett, as well as the infamous slaver Pekt.

As a species, they were renowned across the galaxy for great strength. This is evidenced by several members of other species boasting physical prowess and power by having defeated a Trandoshan, either in battle or in a contest of strength.

Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 11:47 am

Glad you liked it, terrible with stories lol, i did think about adding the ending with the Tusken chief becoming a trophy himself but i didn't want the trandoshans to take all the glory!! Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley

As always Bryan, in there with the knowledge Stormie Smiley who is slaver Pekt?? never heard of him, i guess he is a bounty hunter?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...   Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Month - Tusken Raiders [VS.] ...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next