The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! Empty
PostSubject: Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!   Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 11:13 am

Star Wars Question of the Week: March 30th, 2016

What's your favorite mini-rig and why?

Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! 1982to10
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!   Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 12:05 pm

I would like to kick this off with my fav the desert sail skiff Cool

Reasons- The mold details are excellent as well as the colors. The fact that the turret guns turn with the sails is a plus for me and the sail goes in different positions (static, slow moving and fast) and then the biggest bonus that really gets me is the platform that pulls out for luke-superb!! Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley

Also thanks Matt for the feedback on the speeder Very Happy

Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! 20160315
Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! 20160314
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!   Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 1:42 pm

PDT-8, mine was always off on rescue missions for downed X-Wing & Snowspeeder pilots Laughing

Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! 25523714836_4a38463c95_c
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!   Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 4:57 pm

for me its an agreement with lobotic . the desert sail skiff also is king . all the things he mentioned and it just goes with the original line the best . the colors are amazing on it and display wise it just works .
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!   Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 10:52 pm

I am a third for that. I did not even know that a full sail skiff was made until my adulthood. I didn't have the mini either during childhood, but I knew of it. One kid who lived near my great aunt had one. I had seen it and played with it. I loved it. Return of the Jedi is my favorite film and I thought this was the vehicle for jabba from the film, so it has always been a favorite of mine.

Now I do want a potf sail skiff, but just have never aquired one. I am not a huge vehicle guy. I would love some full size sail skiff like the one Wolff is building, but display room is just to tight for that large of an item.
Back to top Go down
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
TeekSolo

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!   Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 11:53 pm

I was not a big fan of the mini-rigs but my favourite is the AST-5, mainly because it has several different poses and is bright orange. A close second would be the vehicle maintenance energizer, it fitted well in the background and gave the figures something to hide behind.

And just because everyone loves the sail skiff...
Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! Wqt10w
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!   Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 5:23 am

I feel i must add to this, like Bryan i didnt have many rigs or vehicles when young and only had the one man sail skiff in adulthood and again i have never seen or had the large barge in person but would really like one( Bryan is there a link to see the one you mentioned that bobbafett is building please?)!!! I think the ESB range is quite often overlooked or ignored, shame, this is my favorite film as this was the first i had seen in the cinema. Lastly i think the jedi range is more popular because of the extra ewok accessories as well as the vehicles? and the fan base was so much bigger by then??

Teek added his close second, so i must add mine- the tripod cannon and for some strange reason i always remember as a youngster putting yoda in the ammunition box where he would jump out and kill loads of troopers  lol!

We need more input!! great thread Matt whats your fav????????

Lastly if anybody has misb one man skiff i am very interested..........
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!   Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 8:03 am

Here is the thread from TIG, back when he was still posting here. http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5832-khetanna-jabba-s-sailbarge-scratchbuilt-custom

This is his rs thread where he has posted further updates and contInued tHe build. http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1098122
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!   Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 8:44 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Here is the thread from TIG, back when he was still posting here. http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5832-khetanna-jabba-s-sailbarge-scratchbuilt-custom

This is his rs thread where he has posted further updates and contInued tHe build. http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1098122

OMG!! thanks guys, this barge is amazing!! I have been on Variant Villain before but only for the obvious. That is some really fantastic craftsmanship, never seen so much dedication and detail. There should be some kind of award to give- i mean the time and effort it surely deserves more right? It makes you think that you could do it but mine would end up looking like driftwood lol!
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!   Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 12:42 pm

Lobotic wrote:

We need more input!! great thread Matt whats your fav????????

As much as I'd like to jump on the barge wagon with you guys, I'm gonna' have to be different and go with:

Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! Forest10

I feel like this was way ahead of it's time in design and lead the way for future sci-fi cultures to use in different mediums.

It also reminds me of what Rey used in TFA:

Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! Disney10
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!   Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 1:52 pm

Can we count body rigs as well?
If so I'll choose the One Man Sand Skimmer - a bit like the One Man Sail Skiff but more of a hover bike type thing.

Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! Oldsch11

Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! Rebels10
Pic: Rebelscum

But if we're only counting the original Kenner mini rgs I'll go for the wacky-looking CAP-2.

That thing looks like it could have easily come straight from a 50's b-movie lol!

Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! Oldsch10

Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! Oldsch12
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!   Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 9:27 am

I'm going with Sand Skiff but only because it's lesser of the Evils. I absolutely despise Mini Rigs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!   Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 9:49 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
I'm going with Sand Skiff but only because it's lesser of the Evils. I absolutely despise Mini Rigs!

I knew this already and that's why it was this week's question!

Mwahahahaha! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!   Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 10:26 am

I hate admitting this, but until this thread i never new about the sand skimmer Embarassed Embarassed

I take it they are uba rare???

Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!   Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 10:29 am

DarthBerizing wrote:

I must say despise is a bit strong isn't it lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!   Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question of the Week - MINI-RIGS!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1