The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 5:33 pm

doh frustrated
:scratch: lol!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 7:20 pm

What did he mean in the title when he said Not Another like it? The hollow to variant is not all that rare.
Back to top Go down
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
TeekSolo

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Maybe he meant it's the only one he's got. Laughing

Sorry I should write...

~~~W0W !!~~~~ !!~IT'S~THE~ONLY~ONE~HE'S~GOT !!~~~ lol!
Back to top Go down
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
TeekSolo

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 9:16 pm

I've no idea if $199 is a high price for a plush Wicket but $297 for shipping to the UK seems excessive and shows how some people try to exploit the hobby.

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 Wicket10
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:19 am

$297 isn't bad for shipping...

... lol!

I seriously think a low price is used to draw buyers in and then they make up the value in shipping to get a grand total of what they think the item is worth. So dumb.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:21 am

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 Screen13

A little excessive here? head bang
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:59 am

hate to be a party pooper Matt Crying or Very sad
but that's what they've been going for 300 American .... Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:36 am

hellhippie wrote:
hate to be a party pooper Matt   Crying or Very sad  
but that's what they've been going for 300 American ....   Mad Mad

Is it really?  I didn't even pay $300 for mine with the action force rifle and the comic.  Of course it was purchased a long time ago. It was sometime after 2005 as I was living in the house I have now which I bought in 2005. I want to say it was 2005-2006 time when I bought it.

Last edited by trappedtexan on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:39 am

darthmatt22 wrote:
$297 isn't bad for shipping...

... lol!

I seriously think a low price is used to draw buyers in and then they make up the value in shipping to get a grand total of what they think the item is worth. So dumb.

This used to be very prevalent back when the eBay fee was only based on the item price, but now the fee for the seller is based on final price plus shipping. I don't see it as often. Though sometimes they try to sucker you in with a low price and high shipping to see if you might blind bid.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 1:16 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
hellhippie wrote:

Is it really?  I didn't even pay $300 for mine with the action force rifle and the comic.  Of course it was purchased a long time ago.  It was sometime after 2005 as I was living in the house I have now which I bought in 2005.  I want to say it was 2005-2006 time when I bought it.  

yep it is .......... horrible aint it . even for ebay .
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 2:59 pm

hellhippie wrote:

I definitely saw them go in the $150-175 range not even a month and a half ago though. Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 3:12 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
hellhippie wrote:

I definitely saw them go in the $150-175 range not even a month and a half ago though. Ridiculous.

on ebay I saw one go for that also but one is the key phrase lol!
Back to top Go down
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
TeekSolo

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 3:51 pm

This one is graded but $300 is a bargain compared to it.

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 Ypstro10
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 5:36 pm

unsure jawdrop That puts the $300 figure to shame for sure.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 6:53 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
unsure jawdrop That puts the $300 figure to shame for sure.

man this is getting ridiculous
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 8:12 pm

Shocked Time to sell up?

For those that said yes, this is a life long hobby at this point.  If your thinking of selling up, get a bat and please do what the emoticon is doing. :I am stupid: :I am stupid: :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 8:50 pm

I want to be next to the people paying these ridiculous prices... with that same emoticon bat!
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 6:16 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Shocked Time to sell up?

For those that said yes, this is a life long hobby at this point.  If your thinking of selling up, get a bat and please do what the emoticon is doing. :I am stupid: :I am stupid: :I am stupid:

I am so glad I never had to pay these prices . I almost feel bad but not really . I think it will continue to rise as the new ahem " movies " are released .  I just cant get into the new stuff although I can see why folks do . just not for me , i'll just sit back like an old miser and giggle maniacly at my star wars collection which is now valued at  luxury car prices doh
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 11:08 am

hellhippie wrote:
i'll just sit back like an old miser and giggle maniacly at my star wars collection which is now valued at  luxury car prices doh

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 Tumblr_nzbt19UjjB1rrrncdo1_250
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 8:49 am

Prices are out of control these days. I haven't bought anything in months. It gets to a point where it isn't worth spending the money. I think I will just be content with what I have.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 10:08 am

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 20160129

Check this out- is this right??? Seems a bit steep even if it is rare!! and he cant even decide what coo it is rofl rofl rofl

Stormie Smiley  Stormie Smiley  Stormie Smiley  Stormie Smiley  Stormie Smiley  Stormie Smiley  Stormie Smiley  Stormie Smiley  Stormie Smiley  Stormie Smiley  Stormie Smiley  Stormie Smiley  Stormie Smiley

and then i found these with the same yellow necks and there weapons, ok the hands are not yellow but if its degradation who cares?? and look at the price difference :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 20160131

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 20160130

Is the world going mad???????? :I am stupid: :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
TeekSolo

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 10:36 am

The first Ree Yees is insanely priced. It is Ledy but even so that's just madness.

Just to note the other two do not show paint degradation on the hands as they are both Taiwan figures where the arms are moulded in flesh coloured plastic so no paint to degrade. Very Happy

I've also noticed you're watching the second one and all of your open tabs are TIG. lol!
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 11:52 am

TeekSolo wrote:
The first Ree Yees is insanely priced. It is Ledy but even so that's just madness.

Definitely..

TeekSolo wrote:
I've also noticed you're watching the second one...

GO FOR IT! :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 12:35 pm

Your having a laugh £400 for a ledy!!rofl rofl

Ha ha I am not buying it I only watched it so I didn't lose the page. And I have just bought a complete ledy darth, more stands, figure blister cases and a few more figs so my budget is now gone for this week Smile

I have another rip off I will post when I am back home....lol

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 6:36 pm

Goes without saying, but do some homework before any purchase. The Ledy ree yees is fairly common and was one of the mim figures (those are more common than any other Ledys) and I wouldn't pay that much for any of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next