The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 10:53 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Goes without saying, but do some homework before any purchase.  The Ledy ree yees is fairly common and was one of the mim figures (those are more common than any other Ledys) and I wouldn't pay that much for any of them.  

I have been looking lately and there are loads of MIM carded out there Squidhead is fairly common it seems as well as loads of others (my paploo and lumat mocs are the same but it think those 2 are all MIM?), are there any figures that were only carded by LL(exclusive) and not carded MIM? or are all LL carded available as MIM carded....?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 12:23 pm

In total ledy made 51 figures (really more if you separate the rebo band into 3 instead of counting itas just one).  There are 12 made in Mexico figures.  Out of those twelve, only the two ewoks (paploo and lumat) were packaged in any other cards beside member mim.  So no ledy biker scout, or gammorean guard, etc will be found on a trilogo or potf or whatever card.  Paploo and lumat however were only produced by ledy so no matter what card or where they are they are a ledy figure.

The other part of your question about exclusive figures.  With 51 figures produced and only twelve being mim, that leaves 39 figures that can only be found on ledy cards. Meaning the ledy version.  No figures (besides the two ewoks mentioned) are exclusive to ledy as they all have kenner counterparts. Note exclusive and unique are not the same.  For example bib fortuna was made by ledy and kenner so he is not exclusive,but the burgundy coat and regular green coat ledy bib fortuna figures are unique to ledy as they differ from their kenner counterpart.  Hope that makes sense.  
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-1#
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 12:49 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
In total ledy made 51 figures (really more if you separate the rebo band into 3 instead of counting itas just one).  There are 12 made in Mexico figures.  Out of those twelve, only the two ewoks (paploo and lumat) were packaged in any other cards beside member mim.  So no ledy biker scout, or gammorean guard, etc will be found on a trilogo or potf or whatever card.  Paploo and lumat however were only produced by ledy so no matter what card or where they are they are a ledy figure.

The other part of your question about exclusive figures.  With 51 figures produced and only twelve being mim, that leaves 39 figures that can only be found on ledy cards. Meaning the ledy version.  No figures (besides the two ewoks mentioned) are exclusive to ledy as they all have kenner counterparts. Note exclusive and unique are not the same.  For example bib fortuna was made by ledy and kenner so he is not exclusive,but the burgundy coat and regular green coat ledy bib fortuna figures are unique to ledy as they differ from their kenner counterpart.  Hope that makes sense.  
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-1#

Everything you have said makes sense Bryan :clap: :clap: :clap:

But just to clarify (be a pest).......there are 2 exclusive that were produced by Ledy only (paploo and lumat). The 49 others like you say have kenner counterparts so are not exclusive to Ledy.... the 39 figs that can be found on ledy cards although not exclusive have unique traits (molds/paint etc) making them i dare say true manafactured Ledys if you know what i mean? and the 12 mims could be any ledy or kenner but where at least packaged in mexico? Am i close? sorry Bryan i have to absorb my knowledge with clarification i know i am a nuisance lol!

And you have just opened a massive collecting section for me now thanks mate head bang

You need to get this out of your head and all on paper!! i would buy a book Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 4:35 pm

The 12 mim figures are unique forbledy also just they were also carded for the US market. The thing with the 12 mim figures is they have coo marking that are not found anywhere else. They have kenner counterparts but these 12 have unique coo markings.
So we have:
12 figures made in Mexico with unique coo markings (lumat and paploo arein this group also)
39 figures made by ledy but they have kenner counterparts that can have the same coo, this group is set apart by accessories and paint details as ledy had unique paint and accessories.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:02 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
The 12 mim figures are unique forbledy also just they were also carded for the US market.  The thing with the 12 mim figures is they have coo marking that are not found anywhere else. They have kenner counterparts but these 12 have unique coo markings.
So we have:
12 figures made in Mexico with unique coo markings (lumat and paploo arein this group also)
39 figures made by ledy but they have kenner counterparts that can have the same coo, this group is set apart by accessories and paint details as ledy had unique paint and accessories.

Thanks Bryan i have nothing more to ask Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:11 pm

Happy to help. Very Happy

One of the coolest things anyone can collect is knowledge. This applies to all facets of life, not just hobbies. I am happy to share any information I can.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:26 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Happy to help. Very Happy

One of the coolest things anyone can collect is knowledge. This applies to all facets of life, not just hobbies. I am happy to share any information I can.  

Your a good friend and just to update i have already outlined a dredd and yes it is unique Smile
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 8:00 pm

Holy crap! A carded Vlix just sold on ebay for $35,000 or so. It was CIB certified and AFA 40.

Also, Derby has a DT Vader AFA 90 that has eclipsed the $20,000 mark!!! The prices on this stuff are INSANE!

:I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 8:28 pm

beachboy19 wrote:
Holy crap!  A carded Vlix just sold on ebay for $35,000 or so.  It was CIB certified and AFA 40.

Also, Derby has a DT Vader AFA 90 that has eclipsed the $20,000 mark!!!  The prices on this stuff are INSANE!

:I am stupid:

The vlix was ended, so probably went best offer, but not sold.
The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 3 Captur12

His numbers are old.  Last time I checked around there are a little over 100 loose examples known and around 25 carded.
versus his 55 known and only 7 carded. This is crazy times though. Not 2 years ago Shawn Nienast sold a craded glasslite for $11.5 if I remember right. That was the last carded I saw sell publicly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!   The MAD world of Star Wars collecting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The MAD world of Star Wars collecting!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3