The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 9:03 am

Oooooh isn't the same planet as his lady M.Falcon... Corellia

Bonus question to everyone else ... what X-winger is also from the same planet?
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 9:06 am

Nice Job Craig! You just beat me on this one.

Wedge Antilles is also from Corellia- Fastest Ships and best pilots hail from Corellia.

Even the Corellian Star Destroyers.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 9:28 am

Yay... missed out loads of fun and questions lately as work is nuts... always happens with us... people put off projects until the last minute and then December is on them and they panic.
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 10:08 am

I totally know what you mean, I've had a ton of RFP's for the first quarter 2018 already and we are gearing up for inventory as well.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 1:01 pm

Dang it, and I knew this one. Congrats Craig.

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 Baa67b10
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 3:19 am

TheSchwartz wrote:

Oh I totally know this!  I've been playing Star wars video games since the late 90's.  I remember Rogue Squadron on Nintendo 64 had a level at a Tibanna gas mine facility.  More recently the Star Wars Battlefront video games also included expansion packs that included Bespin- Which is a Tibanna gas mining facility.  

Han also mentions Tibanna gas when speaking to Leia about the cloud city and that lando must have conned sombody.

Hey Schwartz,

Wow Rogue Squadron, that has brought back a lot of happy memories!!!

The Rogue Squadron for its time has to be one of the best series of Star Wars games, I bought the Game Cube versions and played them nigh on every day whilst in my student digs until I scored enough for the gold badge on each mission (forgive me if I am mistaken... time and sleep deprivation with the little guy clouds the memories, but I am sure you had to score high enough to unlock the next stages and you got gold, silver, and bronze medals).

Don't have hardly any free time these days for games, as I want to spend time with the little guy when I come home from work, though I do have a sneaky dauble on Clash of Clans on the commute home! Nothing like destroying someone's base to relieve a bit of stress.

Did anyone buy into George's media franchise "Shadows of the Empire" cool game and a intermediate story book set before Jedi... maybe some neo vintage turf for a few questions Mr Quiz Master Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 8:08 am

Way to go quizzers! Great job Craig... guess this one was a bit too easy... I suppose I'll have to fix that for next week's challenge! Answer is posted with the question... until next week... may the force be with you... always!
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 9:22 am

Craig T wrote:
TheSchwartz wrote:

Oh I totally know this!  I've been playing Star wars video games since the late 90's.  I remember Rogue Squadron on Nintendo 64 had a level at a Tibanna gas mine facility.  More recently the Star Wars Battlefront video games also included expansion packs that included Bespin- Which is a Tibanna gas mining facility.  

Han also mentions Tibanna gas when speaking to Leia about the cloud city and that lando must have conned sombody.

Hey Schwartz,

Wow Rogue Squadron, that has brought back a lot of happy memories!!!

The Rogue Squadron for its time has to be one of the best series of Star Wars games, I bought the Game Cube versions and played them nigh on every day whilst in my student digs until I scored enough for the gold badge on each mission (forgive me if I am mistaken... time and sleep deprivation with the little guy clouds the memories, but I am sure you had to score high enough to unlock the next stages and you got gold, silver, and bronze medals).

Don't have hardly any free time these days for games, as I want to spend time with the little guy when I come home from work, though I do have a sneaky dauble on Clash of Clans on the commute home! Nothing like destroying someone's base to relieve a bit of stress.

Did anyone buy into George's media franchise "Shadows of the Empire"  cool game and a intermediate story book set before Jedi... maybe some neo vintage turf for a few questions Mr Quiz Master Very Happy

Craig:  You are absolutely correct about rogue squadron! I believe that you had to score at least Silver to be able to continue to the next level- at least that's how I remember it.  I would go back and replay missions to earn all gold badges.  Those games were revolutionary(in my opinion) for the time.

The Star Wars battlefront games are highly addictive- My 4th year in college we would play the original star ware battlefront game (multiplayer was awesome!).  

I've heard of clash of clans and it's similar to a game I used to play called age of Empires.  I absolutely loved that game- Same principle- Gather resources, build your city, destroy the enemy.  

Nice to re-kindle fond memories, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 9:20 am

Well... it's that time of the week again... the one you are all excited about and sit behind your monitors, hitting the refresh button on your browser, hoping to see that one glimmer of hope that will make your day begin with a smile and puzzled look on your face as you strain your brain cells trying to remember what all these years of being a Star Wars fan has been.  So... since the last few questions have been so easy, I think I'll throw a monkey wrench into the works and make ya work for this one!  You can find the answer in only one source, and it's on the original VHS tape before the special editions came out.  They actually had a Behind the Scenes feature after the movie if you troubled yourself to sit thru the credits back then... so I'll be surprised if anyone gets this one quickly!  Remember, no cheating by doing an online search for the answers... you can always go back and watch the movies, but anyone can use google!  So... if you're ready for this one... here we go...

Question 68:
What still-canonical character is often incorrectly identified as being related to Jedi Master Yoda, despite never actually being referenced in the films, books, and animated shows as being from the same species?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: NONE

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 9:32 am

Ooooo this one's tough...

The little pink fella with the eye patch in the Jedi Temple in the Phantom Menace comes to mind (not yaddle).

Think about this more, I will.
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 10:00 am

Difficult to answer, this question is.

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 2:56 pm

I really want to say ET. So I will alien
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 3:28 pm

I have to assume that breakfast cereal exists in the star wars universe. After all we got these:Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 Downlo13

So I think my answer will be Yoda is most like Lucky, from lucky charms. They both dance around and both have visions, lucky seeing hearts and blue moons and what not and Yoda seeing ghosts of dead jedi. So yeah that is my answer...
Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 S-l22510
Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 13002710

Or maybe you meant the Disney universe since Disney owns marvel and star wars...
Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 Downlo14

Yeah, surely i cant miss this week. lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 4:01 pm

lol! Bryan!

But I can't let Lrdsatyr8 win, so I thinking about what Bryan mentioned above about a cross franshise and it came to me what about ET??? In ET, the little squashy guy sees a kid in a halloween yoda mask and seems to recognise him! Then in the phantom menace we see a cameo of the ETs in the senate.

Is this another sneaky quizzer???

Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 10:58 am

I truly love making you guys second guess yourselves! I'm sitting back here laughing my butt off! LOL
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 11:58 am

Craig I would have given it to you, BUT you specifically said "(not yaddle)"... so No winners this week! LOL  Love it when I get you all second guessing yourselves!  Answer is posted with the question! Until next week... may the force be with you... always!

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Ugh that Stinks!

Sorry Craig.

The force is strong with this one.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Great stump!
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 8:27 am

Morning all you happy Starwarsians out there!  I hope everyone had a fun filled Last Jedi weekend!  I know I did!  With the new movie just released last weekend I won't ruin any of it for you, but just say I really enjoyed it!  With that being said, I think this next question will fit right in with the premiere and make you think back to how all this started!  Remember, no cheating by using the internet to find your answers... if you're a REAL FAN you should already know the answers.  Matter of fact, I think that many of the questions I've asked of you are mandatory questions that must be answered correctly in order to get into the Lucasfilm vault on the Skywalker Ranch!  So... without further ado... here's your question this week...

Question 69:
Star Wars was released in May 1977... How many types of Star Wars action figures were on toy store shelves at Christmastime 1977?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: TheSchwartz

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 8:40 am

You tried to trick us with this one but we're on to you!

Figures were not available until 1978 so the answer must be zero.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 11:14 am

I think this depends on your definition of "types of star wars action figures". There were no actual 3d plastic figures but the early bird kit came with cards rock of printed figures and those could be cut out or stood up as a whole. Do those count as a portrayal of a type of figure? If you asked older generations they had paper dolls and those were their toys, so yes paper products can be considered action figures I think. So if you count that as a "type" then at least 1. Of course knowing you there is probably even deeper twist and turns in this answer to include some other products beside just the mailer. lol!
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 8:08 am

Well that was an easy one! Smile  Way to go TS... Answer is posted with the question.  If I'm not able to get here Monday due to it being Christmas day, I hope you all forgive me, but I truly hope you all have a WONDERFUL and MERRY CHRISTMAS this year.  Besides... you all have to go see the new Star Wars movie so you can be prepared for the new Episode VIII questions I may throw at you, muhahahahaahahaha! Merry Christmas to all of you and may the force be with you, always!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 10:06 am

I was robbed. lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 7:19 pm

Merry Christmas all you fellow Starwarsians!  Hope you are all enjoying the holidays and have had a chance to see the next Last Jedi movie!  Due to Christmas day falling on Monday this year, here is this weeks question, and it'll make you all go back to the movie to get the answer!  Are you ready?  Here goes...

Question 70:
Excluding "Episode IV A New Hope", how many words are in the opening crawl?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: ArtooDetour

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 12:10 am

This is some form of trick question isn't it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next