The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

lead repro blasters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darth chappy
New User
New User

lead repro blasters Empty
PostSubject: lead repro blasters   lead repro blasters I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 9:37 pm

I have 2 very nicely made lead v3 blasters painted black ,Antone have any info on who or where these were mfg, someone told me a toy train mfg used to make these type of repros ? Look way to good to be homemade. Any help would be great
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: lead repro blasters   lead repro blasters I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 9:49 pm

Are you sure they are lead?  I know some lead weapons have popped up in the past but that is not a very common medium to use.  Also are you sure they are current reproductions and not model trem weapons?  some pics would be great.  As your new you won't be able to post them here, but if you can get them into your gallery a mod can add them here to the thread.  If not then use a host site like photobucket and give us a link so we might be able to check them out.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5234-how-to-contact-the-tig-team-how-to-upload-pictures-to-the-forum
Back to top Go down
Darth chappy
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: lead repro blasters   lead repro blasters I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 10:06 pm

I sent some pics to someone at imperial gunnery today, no response yet, these are very heavy and do not stick to a magnet , just seem to heavy to be cast metal??? I will try to get pics up to look at soon .they are also very detailed as well. I could email you pics if interested, lmk, chris
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: lead repro blasters   lead repro blasters I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 12:42 am

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to help tell if they are authentic model trem, repro of something, or anything else other than what you could find by searching the main gunnery site. AJ (aussiejames), Stefan (walkie), or Paul (artoo-detour) would be able to help much more than me. They can also most likely post the pics for you. I suggest sending pm to these guys along with a photobucket link or if you can upload them to your imperial gunnery gallery they could get them out for you.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: lead repro blasters   lead repro blasters I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 2:22 am

Lead painted reproductions have been around for a long time
lead repro blasters Amanaman%20REPRO%20V1%20Pic%201

send me a message with a link to some pictures & I can probably upload them for you.

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: lead repro blasters   lead repro blasters I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 5:51 am

Hi Darth Chappy, I replied to your email I received this morning.

Here is the original pic you sent. I've added a lightened-up version of it to pick out the details.

Original:
lead repro blasters Imperi13

Lightened:
lead repro blasters Imperi14

I don't know much about the Model Trem line of accessories - hopefully someone with MT knowledge can chime in.

As AJ said, lead / metal repros have been around for a while - some appearing even earlier than the common plastic ones we know of.

Here's a pic I saved from SWFUK of some metal weapons along with the V3 Repro metal Rebel Blaster we have on the Gunnery:

lead repro blasters Repro_12
Photo: SWFUK

lead repro blasters Rebel_10
Photo: TIG Archive
Back to top Go down
Darth chappy
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: lead repro blasters   lead repro blasters I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 7:15 am

Thanks for putting pics up ,hopefully I can find out more about them.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: lead repro blasters   lead repro blasters I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 12:16 pm

If it could possibly be a model trem I would contact patsy or Martjin or Joe to see.  You can kind of see one of the model trem imperial blasters at the bottom of page 1 in the trem thread.  

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4237-the-model-trem-thread

I would think for it to be a trem blaster you should be able to trace it pretty easily.  I think Trem is what you initially were referring to since you mentioned a model train company.  The big thing is Trem pieces are fairly uncommon and rare and the company was a Brazilian company.  The odds of a random blaster coming into an American hand from brazil and then lost into a collection where someone could aquire it without the seller knowing what it is seems unlikely.  

http://theswca.com/images-speci/model-trem/model-trem.html
Back to top Go down
Darth chappy
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: lead repro blasters   lead repro blasters I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 1:54 pm

I'm thinking not trem, from pics I've seen anyway, i bought a large lot of vintage from a guy who was a dealer at a large well know flea market near Cincinnati where he bought and sold for 15+ years, these where in with a large amount of weapons,so who knows???
Back to top Go down
mickfett
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: lead repro blasters   lead repro blasters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 6:56 am

Thanks for link James Very Happy

Another one of these lead weapons painted black has surfaced here in Australia.

If anyone has any info about the source of these it would be greatly appreciated.

lead repro blasters Metal%20blaster%201_zps4znhgzpl

lead repro blasters Metal%20blaster%202_zps4h5jbszw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lead repro blasters   lead repro blasters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lead repro blasters

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1